• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interpretation: A World-Building One-Shot Contest

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
OMG, I am so excited for tomorrow! :D Best of luck to everyone who entered! :D

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Just e-mailed submission as a .rtf file. Can I get a verification of if submission made it to inbox and if the format of submission is acceptable? I did a file-based submission primarily due to some massive formatting hiccups that come about when attempting to copypasta to net while making fic in word processor. If the file submission is not acceptable, would appreciate a bit of a heads-up. It's kinda a bit of a long entry and has quite a few things that would need to be manually formatted.

I had a lot of fun with this, even if I'm kinda dubious of how well it will hold up from the interpretation element side of things. Good luck to everyone who entered! Hoping that we get to see versions of everyone's entries later~

Last edited:

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I think I can still do it. Might merit pulling an all-nighter, but it can work. Yes damn it it can work. Come on come on come on…

Just emailed a .html file; would likewise enjoy confirmation that it was received and of acceptable format.

I love world-building, and wish everyone else good-luck! (And I wouldn't mind a deadline extension if it means more interpretive fics to eventually read!)

Dragonfree

Just me
We're going to extend again to the twentieth, for those still working on their entries. Be warned that this will probably be the last extension, however. If you've already sent in your entry in a hurry, you can refine it and resubmit it until the new deadline if you like.

To confirm, so far I've received entries from Shymain, jireh the provider, InsaneTyranitar, The Teller, elyvorg, Cassafrass1999, diamondpearl876, Spiteful Murkrow and Tangent128.

OMG, I am so excited for tomorrow! :D Best of luck to everyone who entered! :D
Do note that the deadline is only the last day you may submit your entries - the results will not be posted right away, as the judges will need time to fairly evaluate and review every entry. So don't get excited just yet.

Last edited:

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Oh ok, I see... thanks for the heads up. :) But hey, at least now I have some more competition, which is always good, right? ;)

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
....Aaaand I had just spent an all-nighter getting the thing ready. Well, of course one thanks you for the deadline extension, Dragonfree, I hope to be able to use it.

As a measure of fairness and respect to the other competitors, of course, I'm sending my entry by mail or PM today as originally planned. I assume RTF or HTML formatting are OK?

EDIT: Just sent. Thanks much.

Last edited:

AmericanPi

Write on
Okay, so I come back to Serebii after at least six months... and now there's another awesome contest that only has five days left. :eek:

I'm going to slap together something and enter anyways - I haven't written anything for a long time, and this might be a good way for me to get back into the Fanfic-writing scene. Good luck to everyone else who have definitely had more time. xD

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Dragonfree, I hope you got my second message on your gmail. I edited my work by fixing the few grammar errors that I had.

Since the deadline is July 20, wish you all luck on that day. Or the remaining days

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Thank you for pointing out the formatting errors that occurred in my file submission, Dragonfree. Could I get a confirmation of whether resubmission under a different file type resolved the issue on your computer or not?

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Yes, I received both of your fixed versions.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I cannot thank you enough for this extension!! I'll do my best to finish by tomorrow. 28 pages in and still have a ways to go x_x Judges please don't hate me

Best of luck to everyone!!

DarkerShining

Well, seems I won't be able to get my one-shot done in time. I had several ideas and such that seemed good, but I just couldn't figure out to put them together right and get the story done.

I suppose all I really wanted by entering the contest was to try to make myself a little better known within our fanfic community, so I wasn't really in this to win anyways. A little disappointed I couldn't get a story done, but I'll be fine.

So, if nothing else... Good luck, everyone! :)

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Good luck everyone! The day ending the time frame for submitting fics is finally here! Yay! :D I can't wait to see the results when they are finally out... ;3

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well, that was disappointing. Not only did I have to rush everything; the writing, the editing, the title, the ending, etc, but I actually missed the deadline by about thirteen minutes. I don't know if that means my entry'll be automatically ineligible for entry, but I know that I'll end up placing relatively low anyway, so it won't be a huge loss, really.

Nevertheless... good luck to everyone participating.

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
There I go, I just sent a revision of my entry by mail. Same format, mostly the same content.

I hope it makes the deadline. It does here at least, this timezone still has some 3 hrs of July 20 ahead. If not, oh well, maybe it's not that important.

Luck to all who are participating, again.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Not entering in the end because I just wasn't happy enough with any versions of the idea I had that'd really fit this contest well enough (and some of my focus went into writing a uni report too, so there's that). On the flip side, I do have a oneshot I'll write up anyway out of it, so I win in that sense. ;p

And plus there'll be more to read at the end of it! So good luck to all who have entered.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Poetry and solovino, your final edits are in. Submissions are now closed. I will be sending the final edits of all the entries to the other judges shortly, and we will be back with the results as soon as they're ready. Thanks to everyone who participated!

EDIT: Just in case anyone is still paranoid about whether their submission was properly received: the entries I've sent to the other judges are from Shymain, jireh the provider (with edits), InsaneTyranitar (with edits), The Teller, elyvorg, Cassafrass1999, diamondpearl876, Spiteful Murkrow (with formatting fix), Tangent128, solovino (with edits), American--Pi, starliteevee and Poetry.

Last edited:

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm looking forward to the results, but reading over my entry... jesus christ, did I rush things towards the end. It's really killing me how many stupid mistakes I let slip through the cracks in my haste to get it done in time. Moral of the story... don't write anything when there's a deadline involved.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound impatient but roughly how long do you think it'll be before the judges write up their evaluations and we hear the results?