• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interracial Dating, your thoughts?

Slick

Banned
My mother is Chinese, and my father is a white New Zealander.
I am, as a half Chinese/Caucasian, dating a white girl.

The more mixed children, the less racism, is how I see it.

Last edited:

desi darling

you already know
Interracial babies are probably the cutest I've ever seen... I'd say they're right next to eskimo babies in squee appeal. :D

:D !!!

I love comments like these. I'm half East Indian, half Puerto Rican and I was a cute ethnically ambiguous baby, yes ! :)

I tend to end up with cute Irish boys or Hispanic boys for some reason, but whoever I date it's probably going to be interraccial (unless I find another Puerto Rican Indian! :0) and I'm the product of an interraccial marriage so I take people's objection to it seriously.

I think eventually, like way WAY into the future, the majority of people will be mixed in some part.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I guess chedwick was right. I had to come back and see if the subjuct had changed. All I may know about genetics may be eye color, hair color, blood type, and gender. Howeever, that does not make me arrogant or a pussy because I choose not to be insulted or further insult other people in retaliation. All I wanted was an apology for being called stupid. I didn't realize that posting in a pokemon forum meant I had to agree with everything everyone else says. Fact or not I would still find a DNA test more reliable.
Did you not see what you actually said?

What you said was stupid. I mean, even if were talking about somebody else, you would say somebody who was ignorant enough to not consider the possibility is stupid.

Teshub

Banned
The racism in interracial dating is that some mixtures are 'better' in the eyes of the mainstream compared to others. For example, any pairing with East Asian + white Anglo + black will be hailed as human progress, as opposed to a Uzbek/Chechen coupling where people couldn't care less.

In other words humanity can never get past pecking orders, even in "equalizing" interracial marriage.

ChedWick

I guess chedwick was right. I had to come back and see if the subjuct had changed. All I may know about genetics may be eye color, hair color, blood type, and gender. Howeever, that does not make me arrogant or a pussy because I choose not to be insulted or further insult other people in retaliation. All I wanted was an apology for being called stupid. I didn't realize that posting in a pokemon forum meant I had to agree with everything everyone else says. Fact or not I would still find a DNA test more reliable.

SCOREEEEE! But Hey, I didn't resort to blatantly calling you stupid until you got all butthurt that I called you ill educated on the matter, which is not the same as calling you stupid, its the same as saying you have no knowledge on the subject and thus your opinions and beliefs can not be taken too seriously. You will get no apology from be because you continuously took the route of sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting because you did not want to admit you were wrong. Now yes, I think it would be dumb for any male in a relationship to not get a DNA test when their significant other pops out a baby with a questionable skin tone. That does not mean its not possible the DNA test would come back with the male as the father though.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
My friend's mum is white and her dad is black, when they went to America for the Christmas holidays apparently a lady walked up to them in a restaurant and asked if they were married, and they said yes, and then the lady said they should be ashamed of themselves, and stuff like that, and she even said that their children were ugly because of their mixed skin. They left the restaurant at that point (although they did pay the bill). Are they really that bad? I hope not.

No, they're fine. They just happened to trip over one of the uglier, more ill-mannered American Racists...most of the nicer ones will at least murmur to themselves when in a restaurant and not verbally assault others over their relationship status.

Classlessness knows no bounds yet persists in lecturing others on how to be "classy".

It's interesting, all this drama over black-white-yellow-etc and not peep over how the Catholic church demands all children of a mixed union be raised Catholic...what happened to freedom of choice? my mom is catholic, but my dad was something else Christian (forget exactly which one) with Ashkenaz Jew DNA from a male-line ancestor (who is likely rolling in his grave at the thought of his Catholic descendants).

I say it again: if you respect and love each other then screw what anyone else thinks.

Flame Mistress

My teacher's sister is Catholic, and her husband is Christian, and they are from Ireland... They were apparently "a shame" to their neighbours when they got married. But my dad is Christian, and my Mum used to be a Catholic, and they didn't have any problems. Any idea why?
(But then, my parents are Asian...)

Josiah

is your favorite
My teacher's sister is Catholic, and her husband is Christian, and they are from Ireland... They were apparently "a shame" to their neighbours when they got married. But my dad is Christian, and my Mum used to be a Catholic, and they didn't have any problems. Any idea why?
(But then, my parents are Asian...)
You mean Protestant Christian, right? Because Catholic is still Christian. My dad is Catholic and my mom was Protestant. Now we're just unaffiliated Christians.

Josiah

is your favorite
Yeah, Protestant is what I meant. Is there anything wrong about it in Ireland?
If I remember right, Catholicism is big in Ireland and Protestant churches are a lot of time looked at as the result of British imperialism. So yeah. A lot of resentment there. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm off base.

Ethan

Banned
Yeah, Protestant is what I meant. Is there anything wrong about it in Ireland?

Not necessarily wrong, but there's definitely prejudice that still exists towards protestants, I'd guess. What, with good old protestant Olly Cromwell slaughtering Irish Catholics, relocating them, and taking their land.

Some tensions just don't fade I guess. ~_~

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm azn and I am TOTALLY offended that azn guys hit on white girls.
Several of my friends are white (2 girls), but I refrain myself from dating anoyone that isnt azn.

Kaz~

Banned
People in different races will have their own preferences, but go with who you like, no matter what the race.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Several of my friends are white (2 girls), but I refrain myself from dating anoyone that isnt azn.
Why would you be offended?

Teshub

Banned

It makes you a fascist if you are offended by what other people do, when it doesn't involve you and harms nobody.

Love is blind. People can fall in love with whoever. There was even a news story of a white woman from Britain who fell in love with black Crips gang member. And because he was in jail he couldn't function in the outside, but she still loves him. That kind of story that transcends race, society, nations and criminality shows that nobody can stop what they feel.

trfan

The 'Weird' One
After reading some comments in this thread my mind is blown, I didn't know there were actually so people who had a problem with bi-racial couples anyway.

There is nothing wrong with it, period, love is a beautiful thing and the bi-racial stigmata is ********, I think people who have a problem with it need to take a good long look at themselves.

If your offended by that then you obviously have issues, you can't blame anyone else. Just telling it as it is here.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I dont see the issue of interracial dating. From a scientific point of view it should be encouraged to diversify genetics.

rk9growlithe

The Arcanine Trainer
If they make you happy -- Go for it. It doesnt matter what race they are, who really cares?

The color of your skin shouldnt cover the color of your heart. (... something like that. lol)

My teacher, a (i think) part Jewish female married a Black male.

So yea. Good point.