• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interracial Dating, your thoughts?

Waldorf

ungrateful
Ha ha! Wow. I am kind of shocked that there are people here who don't support interracial relationships, but at the at the same time I guess I'm not.

Also hell yeah interracial dating is good! Too many generations of just white people and you end up with stuff like Rebecca Black.

hello moto

Top of the morning
No problems with interracial dating, however my parents aren't that supportive towards it. I guess they haven't really mingled with other races that well but i have been exposed to different races from primary school so our viewpoints are different.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I don't see the issue... Aren't we all part of the HUMAN RACE? To be so narrow minded as to deny oneself the chance at love because of 'environmental evolution' is just foolish. The color of ones skin/hair is luck of location. To me it's like refusing to date someone because they have a "Southern Drawl" or a "Country Twang".

It's just cosmetic differences.

Needs a Deoxys

There's absolutely nothing wrong with interracial dating. Yes I'm biased but so what? I really, really like the girl I've been going out with and she makes my happy. I think for the most part society has moved past the idea that it happens (except black and white couples for some reason). No one has ever said anything to us about our being of different races. They're always supportive and happy that we're happy.

Now a bigger problem I think is how the families feel about the subject. I mean everyone has at least one idiot in their family that still hates a group of people for incredibly stupid reasons. If I make you happy and vice-versa why isn't that good enough for our families? People are just selfish is all. Everything has to be their way or it's 'wrong.' Why can't they see that what's in front of them couldn't be more right?

And just to clarify I'm white and the girl I go out with is Mexican.

FiremanLV5

I'm ridiculously mixed race, so no matter who I date, it's interracial dating. So if you think interracial dating is wrong, you think I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend (and that I shouldn't have been born) ='( Don't make me cryyyy

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
While I myself have no problem with interracial dating, living in Malaysia, I can see why some people would be uncomfortable with it.
It seems to me that for the most part, people are unsupportive of interracial dating due to differing cultures. Here in Malaysia, the 3 largest races are Malay, Chinese, and Indian. The cultures and traditions of these races tend to clash with each other, and if our parents are very traditional, you can bet they'd discourage you from going out with someone of a different race.
Especially when it comes to Malays. By Malaysian law, all Malays must be Muslim, and any non-Muslim who wants to marry a Muslim must be converted to a Muslim first. With the numerous Muslim traditions viewed by many others as tedious (including praying 5 times a day, fasting for an entire month every year, women being required to wear head scarves and so on), interracial marriage becomes scarce. The older generation tells us how we shouldn't marry people from other races/cultures because they conflict with our own.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to interracial dating/marriage, culture can be a pretty big factor when race isn't.

~Kasumi~

Be unafraid
Personaly, in my opinion and the society it which I live I don't even see how it could be a problem.

I am aware, however that in stricter socities, the powers that be may have issues with it.

Last edited: