• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interracial Dating, your thoughts?

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
(I got this approved by Profesco.)

I had always thought that the stigma against interracial couples had dissolved, but after watching a hidden camera segment on the news, I see that it is still around. It featured a BM/WF couple sitting in a diner. A woman goes up to them and says something along the lines of "Black birds should fly with black birds and doves should fly with doves" meaning that people should stay inside their races.

As a white woman who dates Asian men exclusivly, I was offended by this. Apparently, the stigma against interracial couples is still about! What is your take on this? Do you think that there is still a stigma against Interracial couples? If yes, why do you think that is? Furthermore, what are your thoughts on interracial couples?

Myself, I think that it doesn't matter what colour the skin is, as long as the other person makes you happy and treats you well. Love is colour-blind.

~Nemmeh

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Myself, I think that it doesn't matter what colour the skin is, as long as the other person makes you happy and treats you well. Love is colour-blind.

I'm sure you do, considering you are, by your own admission:
a white woman who dates Asian men exclusivly

Also, interracial. Ew, gross!

I went out with this black guy. And I wasn't actually even dating him, we just chilled.
and this lady I know, got really mad, and treats me different now. She's like "ew you're going to have ugly babies" And I'm all "dude, wtf."

Profesco

gone gently
My mom's a fan of interracial dating. So I was a mixed baby. My grandparents, being old people, were not fans of interracial dating. My grandma was shocked but supportive; grandfather in particular was upset and didn't want to acknowledge my conception. The day I was born, he held me and said I was the most beautiful baby he'd ever seen. My grandma and grandpa half raised me, and loved me more than I'll try to explain.

The stigma attached to mixed race relationships is flimsy and dated. There will be silly people who have a lot to say against it, as there are always silly people who have things to say against everything, but it's a stigma that can definitely be overcome.

And my mom still doesn't date whiteboys.

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
The stigma is always going to be there and to a point it's actually healthy.

Personally, I view the human *species* like guinea pigs or cats & dogs. :)
If you don't retain an unmixed line then you'll eventually lose that 'pure' type. Look at nearly any dog labeled 'mutt' in the pound. After just 2 generations it can be impossible to tell what 'kind' of dog it came from. They're ALL breedable, regardles of shape or size anyway.

However, it's proven repeatedly with pets AND humans, that 'pure' heritages are genetically inferior to 'mutts'. Buy any purebred animal and it will come with breed specific issues such as a tendency to go blind or have failing kidneys at a certain age.

Mutts are almost always healthier because their mixed breeding prevents these specific issues. Of course mutts would likely develope their own issues down the line, but due to their more random natures, it isn't likely. At least not for a while.

Like I said before though, if everyone just blended together then there would be no obvious variations to er... choose from. People like variety because it gives you options and preferences. Which of course leads to Red vs Blue type disagreements, but we'll always find SOMETHING to fight over, regardless.

tl;dr
MY POINT IS that I approve of both sides and think people should just shut up and do what they prefer. Maybe you want to train all water types, while I use ones with round cheeks or something. Joey and his Rattata don't affect YOUR party so leave him be! XP

Last edited:

Darato

(o,..,o)
People would bitch if they had nothing to bitch about.

There is nothing wrong with interracial couples the only thing that matters is how the couples feel about each other and if they did have kids how they treat the kids, not what the kids are a mix of.

But people will have a fit about this issue just because they can’t stand it themselves.

But Like I say if you have somebody complains to you about something that doesn’t hurt them in any shape or forum you need to make sure to keep it up just to piss them off more.

L.F.D.

Ugobama

I would totally date a black chick. However, I just couldn't imagine having a family with one...I guess it's wanting to continue my line as 100% purebred, Idunno.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
If they make you happy -- Go for it. It doesnt matter what race they are, who really cares?

The color of your skin shouldnt cover the color of your heart. (... something like that. lol)

My mom's a fan of interracial dating. So I was a mixed baby. My grandparents, being old people, were not fans of interracial dating.

This is/was my situation more or less. I actually wasn't allowed to talk about my father, a black man, in front of my grandparents when I was younger...

But yeah, I'm biracial, and I'm totally cool with interracial relationships. In fact, I'm in one now (dating an Asian guy). I've never faced any issues with my personal interracial relationship(s), and in these days I can't really imagine why people would have issues. Some people still aren't as open minded though. :/
also I reallyreally want blasian children one day

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm not against interracial dating, I just wouldn't be in one myself. I'm Mexican/Salvadorean... I'm not really attracted to black or white girls, I'm sorry so any white/black people out there.:p Maybe some Asian girls, but I prefer girls around my race... brazilian, mexican, salvadorean, any of the sort... but supporting wise, I don't mind.:) All in all, it shouldn't matter the race, we see pit bulls humping chihuahua's, it should be the same with us humans. We weren't made to solely to be with mates of the same race... I just wouldn't be in one.

also I reallyreally want blasian children one day

So you want some Brock's running around the house?xD

Last edited:

Mankanshoku Mako

She's like "ew you're going to have ugly babies"
She assumes you want to have children with every guy you're with? This is a bitch you want to avoid for more than one reason
Maybe you want to train all water types, while I use ones with round cheeks or something. Joey and his Rattata don't affect YOUR party so leave him be! XP
Award for best analogy ever made goes to you sir/madam
I don't see any other reason to go against interracial dating besides racism.
...If your racist against a certain race I think it's safe to assume your not screwing people of that race.
I would totally date a black chick. However, I just couldn't imagine having a family with one...
I couldn't imagine doing either. I don't dislike black people or anything I just don't find black chicks at all attractive, especially compared to other races .

If they make you happy -- Go for it. It doesnt matter what race they are, who really cares?
[IMG200]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn8KB1Auh9R0V8BlAu0wgvPYcd5PGuzNcoZs_rENS2sKL3ZpnA_A[/IMG200]
BillyBob over here. And his hunting rifle named "Sally".
The color of your skin shouldnt cover the color of your heart. (... something like that. lol)
Skin covers up the color of your heart regardless the skins color.

Profesco

gone gently
Isn't blasian a kind of chicken? Blasian wings?

shady56

Blazing With Heart
im not against it at all i have no problem with it if it is in there heart and it makes them happy who is anyone really to judge or tell somebody else how to live there life full of joy and love you know if it is someone of there own kind,own race or somebody else or whatever i say let them love :)

She assumes you want to have children with every guy you're with? This is a bitch you want to avoid for more than one reason

**** THAT.

haha, nah she's just mad racist and assumes I'm going to end up with a black guy for my lifetime partner, who I will raise a family with in the future, ..just because I went out with him. I'm 20 ..let me live damn lady. I mean, maybe she's right ..but they will not be ugly babies either way. :)

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I don't any problems with it one bit. Hawaii is a melting pot of ethnicities, so seeing an interracial couple is a common site.

She's like "ew you're going to have ugly babies"
Mixed babies cannot be ugly. She's just jealous she doesn't have a perma-tan.

Most of my girlfriends have not been of my race. So that should explain my thoughts on that. The rest of my town is like Maycomb, though.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Interracial dating is cool in my eyes. you should be able to date whoever you want! I know I have phases where I'm in the mood for an asian guy one day, a Latino the next, maybe a white guy or black guy Who knows! I don't wanna limit my choices too much. However I do have a preference to be with guys my own race since we'll have some common ground as far as culture and family values and such.

I have a two bestfriends who are bi-racial. I don't care :D In fact, I'm jealous of both of them as they are both insanely pretty. Both are Asian (but parts like Burma) and European. And totally gorgeous.

I fully support interracial dating, and one day I want to be a part of it myself. I'm not like "Hm...I'm in the mood for an asian at the moment, so I'm only going to be attracted to them." I'm more like, "Wow. That guy is hot. He's not white either, but who cares!" I don't really think that I, or anybody else, should be limited to their race.

Last edited: