• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interracial Dating, your thoughts?

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Long story short: if you disagree with interacial relationships, you're racist.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Not for me, but you go right ahead.

GoldNinja

Breeder
I dated a blackish (much darker than whites anyway) guy and every time this guy was at our place, mum and dad made racist comments.. Thank God the guy couldn't understand them since he was English and I'm a Finn, but anyways, it irritated me to no end!

It's nice to know I've got your support ma and da.. -_-

In other words, I don't care what people's skin colour is, they're still human right? I don't see why it should matter either.. :/ It's a cultural thing I suppose.

I remember a study where small black girls were given two dolls: one black and one white and the girls were asked which one in their opinion is more beautiful. Most girls picked white doll as more beautiful.. I wonder why? Is it really because white people have dominated black ones and the image of white people being 'superior' has stuck to black people? I hope not :S

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't really see what the problem is. Still human. Same species, same DNA, same thoughts, emotions, dreams. What's the big deal?

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Seeing as I'm not racist, I have no problem with it. If I think someone is hot/cute, that's it. Skin color and heritage are not breaking points with me, nor should they be with most people seeing as we're in the 21st century. Though to be honest, I have yet to find myself attracted to an Asian guy...though when that day comes it won't be a big deal.

My goal in life is to have a rainbow of women make love to me. So yeah I'm totally for it.

Spade616

im definitely all for interracial relationships. im probably the most open minded person i know, and i think i would have a better relationship with say, an american girl than a local one..

its also annoying how some of the people over here in my 3rd world country (ironically!! wtf) are still racists even in this day and age.. in fact, my mom doesnt agree with her friend dating an indian dude. whenever she says any stereotype about another race, i immediately argue with her and take that race's side even if it means her getting majorly pissed at me. which actually, is kinda fun. :p

so thats what i have to deal with over here. our culture is very conservative. :(

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Nobody decides who they fall in love with, so if you end up with a person who's not the same colour as you, theres absolutely nothing wrong with it.

There wasn't anything wrong with it in the first place, but you'd think people would be able to see past their prejudices and spot love as it is...

Xx Flare xX

I don't really see the problem, if you love someone you should love them no-matter what they look like.
Anyone who doesn't like your choice should keep their opinion to themselves.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
No problem?

Though I find it's more Asian minority parents refusing to let their (hot) daughters get on white boys than anything else where I'm from. This discrimination will not stand!

Aegon

I really don't see anything wrong with interracial dating. Only some elderly people and those with small minds discriminate now. I'd like to think that no-one has a problem with homosexuals and other races, but it seems not. People in fifty or one-hundred years are going to think of us as stupid. :|

7 tyranitars

there is nothing wrong with that if 2 people like eachother they shouldn't be stopped :eek:

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I see no problem with it. If two people want to be together then I don't see why anything should stand in blah blah clichéd stuff about love etc.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
im definitely all for interracial relationships. im probably the most open minded person i know, and i think i would have a better relationship with say, an american girl than a local one..

Hmm, not exactly interracial dating, but oh well.

Tbh, I think many people have become accustomed to the fact that any two people: no matter of religion, skin color, gender, can fall in love and date. There is just a small young minority who oppose to it-and that what makes it stand out. Older people were 'raised' to be oppose to it-though they are usually more welcoming (some anyway)

My bestfriend will only date black people-shes dated other people, but 'found' that they 'treat' her better ( I have no idea, was just passing on her words) I don't really care about the color of the skin, it is what inside that counts. And if they're fit, bonus!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I have no problem with interracial dating. My cousin even married a Chinese woman who is really cool and they had a girl just a little while ago.

I personally would not date outside my race. I'm not racist, and it's not that I don't find other races attractive (there are quite a few girls who aren't white that are really attractive), but it's because of a matter of preference.

Byzantine

Why should i care what others do? I don't see how anyone has a right to say anything against it.

D

Deleted member 133172

*observes ditto and Charizard in daycare*

No.

But jokes aside, nothing wrong with it at all.

I had always thought that the stigma against interracial couples had dissolved, but after watching a hidden camera segment on the news, I see that it is still around. It featured a BM/WF couple sitting in a diner. A woman goes up to them and says something along the lines of "Black birds should fly with black birds and doves should fly with doves" meaning that people should stay inside their races.

Think of the mules, racist woman! They're crossbred results of two animals. (Is it a good idea to tell her that if you were there, Nemmeh?)

I agree with Pink Lapras, anyone who has a problem with interracial dating is themselves a racist... and not liking someone simply cause of their skin colour is a bs reason to hate anything. Chameleons are lucky not to have to put up with any racism...