• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interracial Dating, your thoughts?

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
But hey, at least you are being honest here. As much of a blatant truth it might be, it took 13 pages before someone turned out to be honest. The rest of you are probably saying otherwise to save your faces (not that it matters much over the interweb anyway).

This is a fairly insulting thing to assume. From my perspective, it seemed pretty easy to say that no necessary feature of interracial dating was necessarily harmful to people, so its a pretty interesting topic to discuss, especially since there are a range of people here. I can't believe you would assume that everybody is against it and are just liars. What are you, black?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I can't believe you would assume that everybody is against it and are just liars. What are you, black?

Now that is just offensive and uncalled for. I am black and no I don't think everyone here is a liar. As to poizonsting's post I have photo evidence that proves what I say is true and that I have no problem with interracial dating.

Now that is just offensive and uncalled for. I am black and no I don't think everyone here is a liar. As to poizonsting's post I have photo evidence that proves what I say is true and that I have no problem with interracial dating.

Personally, I think this was meant as a joke, but it was a bad one. I have no problem with people dating interacially, because although I personally find members of my own race more attractive (I'm not trying to be racist, I'm just being honest), I think everyone can have their own opinion.

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up yet that the idea that physical features are exclusive to specific races is mostly bunk. lol what's genetic variation?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
lolwut? Why would you care who other people are dating anyway?

But hey, at least you are being honest here. As much of a blatant truth it might be, it took 13 pages before someone turned out to be honest. The rest of you are probably saying otherwise to save your faces (not that it matters much over the interweb anyway).

So I'm dishonest because I prefer to date other white people?

It's not even that I wouldn't date outside my race. I would just rather date inside my race because of personal tastes.

I'm not going to bother flipping back to see whether you answered my question that I asked earlier in this thread, but I'll ask again: Would you date a disabled person (with any disability in the spectrum, severe or not)? If you say no, even if you say that you would prefer not to, then by your logic, you are an ableist.

TristaPaige

I think you're confused. The Bible doesn't have anything against interracial dating, you're probably thinking of how the Hebrews were forbidden to marry Canaanites, but it wasn't because of race, it was because they worshipped idols. (Exodus 34:10-17; Deuteronomy 7:3-4)

The apostle Paul encouraged Christians not to marry unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14), but here again, the reason was religious, not racial.

And here's the thing about Moses: Numbers 12:1-16
Aaron and Mirium criticized his marriage, and God became angry with them.

AHA! Thank you very much for this! I understand this now!

and now I can rub it in the face of all those hypocrites! XD

SNaG

Stardust Mirage!!
I'm not white, I'm Indian (as in from the country India), and it's a common stereotype that Indians are heavily against interracial marriage, seeing as there are arranged marriages, blah blah blah. I'm fortunate enough to have parents that don't give a crap about who I date, as long as she won't steal my money and make an absolute fool out of me. She could be Indian, white, black, hell she could be green for all my parents care!

Personally, I do think that interracial marriage should happen more often. I live in a predominantly white area, so it's bizarre to see an interracial marriage occur where I live. Still, it's the concept of the melting pot.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I'm surprised that nobody has brought up yet that the idea that physical features are exclusive to specific races is mostly bunk. lol what's genetic variation?
I didn't bring up the idea that they were bunk (I had no idea that they were), but I did mention that no single race can be grouped into some classification system to the point where you can confidently say you'd never date one due to features.

(Also, can I have an example article of the bunking or a follow-up for future purposes?)

Krake said:
It's not even that I wouldn't date outside my race. I would just rather date inside my race because of personal tastes.
To be perfectly honest, that's just the first phrase said different.

"I wouldn't date outside my race" vs "I would rather date inside my race". They both say the same things.. one just appears less offensive.

That is of course dependent on how you're using the word "rather". "rather" would hint that you give a possibility but excluding it would mean that you don't give the chance whatsoever. If you are saying that you would give the chance, then they are different.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
To be perfectly honest, that's just the first phrase said different.

"I wouldn't date outside my race" vs "I would rather date inside my race". They both say the same things.. one just appears less offensive.

That is of course dependent on how you're using the word "rather". "rather" would hint that you give a possibility but excluding it would mean that you don't give the chance whatsoever. If you are saying that you would give the chance, then they are different.

I would give girls that are outside my race a chance, but I prefer dating inside my race, which is pretty much just about everyone.

So yeah, pretty much what you said in your last paragraph.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I would give girls that are outside my race a chance, but I prefer dating inside my race, which is pretty much just about everyone.

So yeah, pretty much what you said in your last paragraph.

Not me. Most of the black girls I meet are the stereotypical black girls and I find that extremely annoying. It is rare that I consider dating in my race due to the annoyances of the ones I meet being loud and obnoxious.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Personally, I think this was meant as a joke, but it was a bad one. I have no problem with people dating interacially, because although I personally find members of my own race more attractive (I'm not trying to be racist, I'm just being honest), I think everyone can have their own opinion.
I remember there's a certain psychological effect where if you see a certain feature enough you'll start to find it more attractive over time. So sometimes it might just be a matter of what race you've been around more.
That said there's really nothing wrong with liking a certain skin tone or not caring for it one way or another.

I have never considered a non white person sexually attractive. I've seen blacks/asians/indians/etc. and thought "wow, they have nice features," or,"wow, they have a nice body," but I've never personally felt anything upon looking at them. I'm not saying I've decided against this, if one day I stumble upon an adorable asian girl I'm perfectly willing to alter my statement. But as it stands, I've only ever been turned on by white girls.

I can hear all of you rising up now, full of righteous fury, screaming racist. But let me stress I personally have nothing against any race of people. Quite to the contrary, I have many friends from all different ethnic backgrounds, and I've dated quite a few of them. I've enjoyed the company and become great friends with many of these people, and I've dated asians/blacks/indians, some for a significant period of time.

My point is not that I dislike these people, but that I don't find them attractive. This affects the people I date, and I'm willing to confess most of my girlfriends were white. I've dated people of other cultures and enjoyed being with them immensely, but I was never sexually satisfied, which has been my only problem.

tl;dr - I've got a lot of great friends who are asian/black, but I find white people hotter. Crucify me.

I didn't bring up the idea that they were bunk (I had no idea that they were), but I did mention that no single race can be grouped into some classification system to the point where you can confidently say you'd never date one due to features.

(Also, can I have an example article of the bunking or a follow-up for future purposes?)

My suggestion for people who disagree with you and me? Take an evolutionary biology/anthropology class. Any one will do. My source is my textbook. :p

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I'm not going to bother flipping back to see whether you answered my question that I asked earlier in this thread, but I'll ask again: Would you date a disabled person (with any disability in the spectrum, severe or not)? If you say no, even if you say that you would prefer not to, then by your logic, you are an ableist.

Guess what? I have dated two women who had short term memory loss (or whatever its medical term is), and they were outside my race too. I have never had any major encounter with any woman who has severe disability, let alone dating them. Therefore I have never given it a thought whether I would date one should I have the opportunity. Yes, I'll confess that I can be shallow like the rest of the world, but I'm not that much of a shallow-minded dildo as you think I am.

This is a fairly insulting thing to assume. From my perspective, it seemed pretty easy to say that no necessary feature of interracial dating was necessarily harmful to people, so its a pretty interesting topic to discuss, especially since there are a range of people here. I can't believe you would assume that everybody is against it and are just liars. What are you, black?

Whenever there is a racial conflict, why do people always assume that if you are not white you must be black?

tl;dr - I've got a lot of great friends who are asian/black, but I find white people hotter. Crucify me.

When everything else fails, try the "I have black friends, therefore I can't be racist" card.

GilligBoi

If you like someone their race shouldn't matter. It might present a cultural challenge but I say go for it. Love is love.

When everything else fails, try the "I have black friends, therefore I can't be racist" card.

What's even more depressing than your sarcasm is the fact that I need a disclaimer like that. You're right, I shouldn't need to say that, but due to the overreaction of people who construe all comments on race as insulting, the point had to be made.

Teshub

Banned
The Dean of Suds doesn't need to act defensive over it. And people shouldn't get emotional over his opinion.

The only issue would be if he forces his preferences unto others, which he isn't.

And whites are not a homogeneous group, althought most people would think they are supposed to be red/blonde with very pale skin. Some have different facial features like French and Slavic, and mixture with Arabic and Mongolian. So already there is a lot of diversity there.

Nakashima

Personally, I dont have a problem with interracial dating, people should just do what they want. After all, it's not like you have much of a choice who you fall in love it, it just happens.

I just seem to have a type of guy I like, and thats a skinny guy, bit whimpy in most people's eyes, and a bit of a pale skin. I've never fallen for another race entirely, unless you count the British as a seperate race from the Dutch.

People should just be free to love who they want, regardless of race, we're all the same inside after all ^^

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Guess what? I have dated two women who had short term memory loss (or whatever its medical term is), and they were outside my race too. I have never had any major encounter with any woman who has severe disability, let alone dating them. Therefore I have never given it a thought whether I would date one should I have the opportunity. Yes, I'll confess that I can be shallow like the rest of the world, but I'm not that much of a shallow-minded dildo as you think I am.

But apparently, if you have never given any thought towards people who aren't of your race, that makes you an intolerant asshole.