• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interview With The Authors

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Scrap said:
Yes, I'm well aware of it, but I REALLY WOULD LOVE IT IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT AND BRINGING IT UP EVERYWHERE. I know I'm overreacting in some aspects, but this is really starting to grate on my nerves like nothing else.
I was pretty tired of it after about the first three days, actually. So ditto on the above.

I kind of like IceKing's idea, although honestly, I don't care. Personally, I don't have a preference one way or the other: I would find reading an interview with an long-standing author as enjoyable as reading one with a new one.

Kiyohime

Same here. I don't think a popular author's comments and answers would be any less interesting than those of a beginner (although Saber may be the exception. XD)

Iceking's idea is good...nice and democratic. P:

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
Man, this idea is great! :D

I'm very interested in reading these interviews, though you have to prepare yourself - this idea is starting to become very popular. ;D I'm excited about this because it'll give an in-depth look to the authors and you'll learn new things about them. Will all the interviews have the same questions, though?

Sorry for not giving any new ideas... ^^;

Lady Myuu

Damsel mostly Stressed.
The one interviewing should have a list of basic questions you ask for each author and then perhaps a list of sumbitted ones? Just a suggestion.

off topic: ooh someone avoided the censor << >>

anyway...

yeah. This will be fun.

IceKing

Sexorific!
off topic: ooh someone avoided the censor << >>

OH GREAT AND MIGHTY MOD OF DOOM! WE BESEECH YOUR FORGIVENESS AND BEG FOR YOUR MERCY! DO NOT LAY YOUR WRATH UPON HE WHO HAST SINNED UPON OURST SEREBETH! *throws dead miltank at feet*

Yes, I too am sick of the popularity fighting. I say all writers should join hands and sing Koomabayah.

In fact, it'll go like this. Everyone who wants to join hands and sing Koombayah put this in your sig "I have joined hands and sung Koombayah with Serebii's fanfiction writers. By doing this, I have overcame the popularity barrier"

billy5772

SENIOR
One thing that has occurred to Billy is to ask this question: will the interview be more personally oriented or strictly fic-based? I think a good mixture of both would be most entertaining. [/1.5 cents]

Plight

Boulder Trainer
This is a great idea! Which is weird because I was writing random interview questions for some people on this site (some really general questions) while I was doing my AP Euro notes.

Along with interviewing authors, how about reviewers as well? And just readers?

Like once a month there can be a featured fanfiction (chosen by YOU) and you interview the author, faithful reviewers and readers. That could be cool. Like get inside stories, find out where some of the ideas actually came from and how they evolved into the fic it is today.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Timid Kyogre said:
- Please don't beg to be interviewed, I choose a random author each week. Everyone gets to have a chance to be interviewed.

Everyone you say? Even those who haven't updated in a while but still leave behind a few posts in the Author's Cafe to let you know they're still working on it?

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Omfg this is secks. :3

If I was interviewed though, I'd probably have to be tied down to a chair and given multiple shots of seriousness in it's liquid form. :3

Then I could answer maybe like, SEVEN questions. :3

I think going in random order is an excellent idea. Overrated, underrated, dun matter. Just give it a whirl. :3 Awesome idea, and I'll definetly read everyone's responses, just cause everyone here is pretty awesome. ^.^

GUD IDEA ROFL!111one

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
But you should also interview the lesser-known and beginner authors so they can be in the limelight and people would read their stories. Give everyone a chance
Yes I know, there are some really good beginner writers that didn't get much reviews. I'll search for them, but I seriously can't interview authors who can't write well.

Here's an idea: why don't you say who the author to be interviewed is beforehand so people can submit questions
Nice idea ^_^ Sure I'll do that, but I wont choose stupid questions for obvious reasons...

Relax, she/he's doing random authors. Not ones based on how well or less known they are. Let's not be biased here, okay? I'm sick and tired of this whole "well-known" authors versus "underdog" authors rivalry ********. It's petty, it's irritating, and it's ridiculous. You write because you write, and that's that. Popularity does NOT NEED to be a factor. It's just interviews for Chrissake
Exactly. I've seen many good authors that didn't get much reviews, and this is their chance to shine. Like I said before in the rules don't beg to be interviewed. When I find that unnoticed author I'll ask for someone else's opinion of that author.

there are already many different opinions on who you should pick
Yes I know but I'm going to choose, they're just listing their ideas. This is just like when you are waiting for err...err...Let's say for example ehh...Jessica Simspon? yeah, this is just like when you are waiting for Jessica Simpson to be interviewed. And then you have to wait and wait till her inteview comes.

Interesting idea. How are you going to select the author, though
So nobody would get mad I'll write three author's names in a piece of paper and let my little brother choose :D

I'm sort of concerned with the questions, though
The questions depend on the author and his/her fic

Don't forget there's a Non-Pokemon section too. Not everyone here writes Pokemon fiction, and it would be unfair to ignore people for this.
I know, I thought of that before I posted the thread

Honestly, do you think people would rather read an interview of a beloved Serebii author who has been around for years or some new guy who got about 2 reviews and nobody knows?
In some interviews you will know a bit about the popular authors, and like I said before I will choose great authors that are unnoticed. Sure, some of you won't know them but you'll have a chance to. And you will read his/her fic and him/her won't be unnoticed anymore, and will possibly be nominated in awards and all of that.

though you have to prepare yourself - this idea is starting to become very popular
And I'm not Superwoman, I can't update every second :D

Everyone you say? Even those who haven't updated in a while but still leave behind a few posts in the Author's Cafe to let you know they're still working on it?
I'm looking for someone here who knows authors well, both "popular" and "unpopular" just to help me a bit. Please if you know someone PM me.

If I was interviewed though, I'd probably have to be tied down to a chair and given multiple shots of seriousness in it's liquid form
Nah not really ^_^ Just be yourself don't act like someone else so everyone will get the chance to see who you really are

EDIT: I am happy to announce...After I forced my brother to choose one of three papers...Burnt Flower is going to be interviewed this week! :D
I got three papers and wrote names of popular authors on them, and then I let my little brother choose. Why popular authors this week? I thought we should start off with them first, then later (and after I search well) I'll choose an unnoticed one. And again PLEASE if you know anyone who knows authors well please PM me! I need that help!

~Timid Kyogre

Last edited:
S

Shadowcat

Why hello... My name is Sapphire and I would be glad to answer anything...

Seriously... Just kidding... Good idea, and I'd love to see Typhlogirl's and Saber's Interviews, as they shall make us laugh histerically.

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
List of Authors Waiting To Be Inteviewed (Look at first post)

What does that mean? Thats the list of the authors that are going to be interviewed sooner or later ^_^

If your name isn't up there then send me a PM, and if your name is up there and you don't want to be interviewed send me a PM

~Timid Kyogre

M

mindripper

Why not make it real time, like a press conference. The point of this is to solicit impromptu answers, right? I think its better to simply sanction a time and fire one question after another, than to post all the questions and let the author answer at own discretion.

I should be ok for answering some stuff, but would gladly let someone like Piney etc take my place. Guess it should be ok if everything is random. Perhaps you should make everything totally random, because anything otherwise would ask the question of how you split people into popular/ not popular etc. Opens up another can of worms.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
I like the idea of being interviewed and answering questions, though I doubt I'll ever be interviewed since I'm not as popular as you people around here. I'm only known by about... 5 or 7 people... no matter how much work I put in. --

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
I'm just wonderin', who's deciding who's popular? I skimmed the posts and didn't read them hugely. But most of the people who are 'popular' are reviewers. For example, would i be called a popular author? No. It's because although I spend alot of time here, nobody notices apart from in the cafe, because I don't review. Surely I'm not alone.

While scimming i realised that i'm not the only one concerned.

And say the author isn't around for the interview? then what? I only just got back from the hospital, if you were to interview me and i was still there would you just leave it all week or ask another author? Although i do think this is a good idea.

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
You can't decide who's popular. Please don't make this complicated. Okay lets say for example the author who's about to be interviewed is in the hospital or whatever. If he/she is staying there for a long time then we will interview another author then after that do an interview with the author who was in the hospital. If he/she is staying there for a few days then we will have to wait.

Please don't make me repeat this, I only interview the author's who write good stories. Popular or not I don't care, this is the "unpopular" authors chance to get more reviewers. I'm still searching so don't worry.

Always read the first post because sometimes I will add new stuff in it, and it includes new rules.

Any questions you would like to ask to Burnt Flower PM them to me before the interview. I will not accept all questions, just the questions that are important and make sense.

Something you should know: Right now I am very sick so I might be a bit stupid and dumb sometimes, hehehe ^_^

~Timid Kyogre

Last edited:

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Well, looks like everything here's settled. Kyorge, good luck to ya! This'll be pretty cool. Can't wait to see the interviews and I hope you have fun reading everyone's stories. No other questions from me right now. Just wishing you well! So, let's get this party started!

LX

IceKing

Sexorific!
Haha, so Burnt Flower shall be selected first. Considering how I talk to her all the time, I don't need to ask her any questions XD Also, there's a bit of a problem with your brother choosing (lol, I'm sorry to nitpick). Little kids tend to go for the cooler names like Burnt Flower while there are plenty of good authors with crappy names

Last edited: