• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interview With The Authors

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Ohh.. Negrek's next.. I absolutely have to think of questions for this one. Anyway, Burnt Flower's interview was infinitely amusing, and I was very much entertained. I can also sympathize with the AIM thing.. being a user myself.. Dear me... XD And the My Little Pony thing.. Indeed, Burnt Flower is indeed the Mistress of Horror - having suicidal ponies from a young age. ^^ Brilliant, yes.

Kiyohime

LMAO

B_F, I hail you now. Starfire commited suicide caused me to inhale my cough drop. XP We all are in awe of you when you were a child. XD

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Mistress Burnt Flower was a very disturbed child. :3

>.> Though we have the same tastes in barbies. I did almost the exact same thing with Barbie and Ken, only I flushed Barbie down teh toilet. :pPPPPPPP

*hails to* BF! YOU ROCK!

Seriously though. Starfire. *mourns* :3

That made me laff. That and the melting barbie head. *gets mental image*

MWAHAHAHHA!

Good luck with your interview, Negrek! ^.^

Mimori Kiryu

I knew Burnt Flower's interview would be great! Such an interesting childhood...o.o No wonder you write such good horror, my friend ^_~

Negrek's up next? Nice. Can't wait to read it. D:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Nice interview Burnt Flower. I'm glad this interview thing worked out great. You can learn a lot about authors through this (not to mention get some writing tips, too).

Good luck, Negrek (bleah, luck... as if being interviewed is a difficult and painful process, XD).

Plight

Boulder Trainer
I hope my child (cough, when I have a kid... IF I have a kid) turns out to be like Burnt Flower. Because then I would number one, have my own personal Burnt Flower and how one heck of a great kid.

I enjoyed that a lot. It's great to know a little more about your favorite authors. And I can relate to a lot of things that were said, like the Barbie thing. I shaved my sister's Barbie's hair off all the time. Half the time I expected it to grow back, but it didn't. Those annoying holes stared back at me everyday, making me feel bad for making my sister cry. But then I got over it.

These are wonderful! I can't wait to read Negrek's! I'm an avid fan of hers (though my review was Clouded Sky never actually made it to FF.net)

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
I sent the interview, its going to be posted very soon. Right now I'm writing a new chapter for my fic so it may be delayed. If Negrek didn't send the answers soon it could also be delayed.

Remember, always check the first post cause I'll add a few stuff there every now and then.

~Timid Kyogre

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
Whoa, who would've known people would be so interested in my freaky childhood tales? XP

our_scenex said:
I hope my child (cough, when I have a kid... IF I have a kid) turns out to be like Burnt Flower. Because then I would number one, have my own personal Burnt Flower and how one heck of a great kid.
You, sir, owe me a new gum. I swallowed mine by laughing so hard. XD

These interviews are fabulous fun! ;D

I'll be sure to read Negrek's interview next. :3

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
If I had a daughter that throws her ponies out of the window and says "*name of pony* commited suicide" I'd hug her to death :D I never liked Ponies and when I was young, and I used to hate Barbies.

Did you tell your mom, Burnt Flower? What'd she say? :D

~Timid Kyogre

Last edited:

Ryano Ra

Verdant Vitality
Wonderful, wonderful!

I love this idea, and I loved Burnt Flower's interview. Everyone has basically stolen everything I've wanted to say, but let me say that that interview was enjoyable and good. I'd love to read Negrek's. ^^

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
Whoa, sometimes I wish I was interviewed. Meh, no one knows me.

That was pretty good, kinda interesting to see the thoughts of other writers. Now then, *returns to Microsoft Word Processor*

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
*Comes out of door with INTERVIEW written on it with a few papers* ITS HEEEEEEEEEEREE!! THE INTERVIEW!! :D

*Silence*

Negrek's Current Fics:

The Ninetales' Curse

Episode Two: Interview With Negrek - The Slugma Extraordinaire

Hello! ^_^ Today we are interviewing another author. She has many fics but today we will be interviewing her about her only fic here on SPPF 'The Ninetales' Curse' Please welcome Negrek, The Slugma Extraordinaire!
I'm elated to be here, Timid Kyogre! And I'd like to thank our studio audience for being here with us today, too. *waves to three sleeping people out in the audience*

How did the idea of the cursed island come to your mind?
The idea for this fic came to me as I was playing my brand new LeafGreen version. Reading over the old Ninetales PokeDex data, which talks about it laying thousand-year curses on people, got me to thinking about what sort of curse it would be and what happened to the people who fell under it.

Then I just needed a setting and thought, "Duh, uncharted island in the middle of the ocean! Perfect!"

The pokedex is one of my largest sources of inspiration; if I'm ever itching to write a nice little one-shot, I can often just flip through the 'dex on one of my games and wait for an idea to jump out at me. It's great for curing writer's block.

Katherine is a Pokemon Trainer in your fic...in fics you can't usually get into every single detail when describing the character. Would you please describe Katherine a little bit more?
Eh, well, I thought that I gave pretty much all the information that would be necessary in the fic, but in summary...

Katherine's a young girl who loves adventure and exploring new places. She's from Ecruteak and is currently journeying around the Jhoto region, on the lookout for a bit of excitement. Earlier in her journey, she befriended a boy named Mark, to whom she traded a Vulpix in exchange for her growlithe, now an Arcanine. At this point, he's on his way to the Indigo Plateau to engage in the League finals. Katherine herself plans to head that way eventually, but only has six badges thus far.

There's not much else to tell that isn't already addressed in the text.

Why did you use Muk in your fic? Many people don't use Muk
I used muk because I needed something that would be able to look after Katherine's stuff while she was gone, something that nobody would want to get near, not even a member of Team Rocket.

Not to mention that I like Muk. Muk-hate makes me sad.

Why don't you post certain fics such as Clouded Sky from FanFiction.net here at SPPF?
When I joined this forum, I wanted to put my best foot forward and lead with my finest work. While I'm very fond of Clouded Sky, the earlier chapters would need to be revised before I would be willing to post them here, and I also have it posted at another forum. I figured that keeping track of three updates on it at once would just be too much, so I decided to keep it exclusive to the places that it's already posted. Also, it comes after The Ninetales' Curse chronologically, so I thought it would make more sense to lead with my revision of that instead.

My one-shots would just sink like stones on a huge forum like this, so I decided to keep them on FF.net where they would stick around. Also, there are some one-shots I've written that were more "for-fun" pieces that I didn't archive at FF.net and instead released exclusively at some smaller forums or kept to my LJ. Again, I thought that they would be consigned to oblivion on a huge board like this.

What was the most difficult thing to do in the fic?
Probably the most difficult thing to do was to keep both of the storylines running at the same rate. Because I alternate between what happens on the island and what happens with Katherine from chapter to chapter, I had to try to keep the timing consistent between them. A couple of times I almost messed up and had it be night in one place while it was still afternoon in the other, or had events occur out of order. In the end I didn't make any huge errors in that department, much to my relief.

Which author do you enjoy reading his/her fics?
Oh, I have tons of favorite authors! From here at Serebii, there's The Pinecone Tortoise, Keleri, Obsidian Blade, Sike Saner, Scrap, Dragonfree, Act, Silawen, and Farla.

My all-time favorite 'fic writer is ChicRocketJames, though. Unfortunately, he got out of the fancition business a little while ago (Noooo! Come back!)

What was your most funniest moment?
Ah, well, my life is far from filled with hilarity, but I do have one I could share, I suppose.

When I was very young, I got a little play "fashion" kit (whatever possessed the person who gave it to me, I'll never know.) One of the things in it was a compact. It utterly mystified me, although the mirror was shiny enough, and the powder did smell good and was kinda fun to pat on things...

You may be able to imagine my mother's horror when she walked into my room later to find that I had used up all of the powder by dusting it all over my bed, bookcases, tables, hair, face, arms, legs, and brother.

It's also been recounted to me that at an even younger age I gave my brother a black eye with a toy teapot; clearly, I was too young and innocent to know how to deal with him properly. Otherwise, I would have hit him harder.

If you would give a message to all of the reviewers/authors out there what would it be?
Watch out for the "edit" button. It bites (literally and figuratively).

No, no, I think I can come up with something a bit more platitudinous than that. Let's see...

Remember that the whole reason that you're in the fandom is to have fun. If it's not fun anymore, then obviously, you're doing something wrong. And at the same time, you need to respect that other people are in it for fun and not actively try to ruin it for them. Accept that some people will write about things that you don't like, but don't try to stop them from writing it. Realize that not everybody is "writing to improve," so don't bash their head in demanding that they work on their grammar. Life's much more enjoyable when you stop being serious all the time, so lighten up a bit.

This has been our review with the talented author, Negrek with her amazing fic, The Ninetales' Curse!

Thanks again for the interview, and I can't wait to see who's up next. Oh, and I hope nobody died of boredom during the interview... I'm afraid I could never afford to pay damages.

Next author announced shortly :D

EDIT: Gah I must go now, but the next author is KATIEKITTEN! :D CONGRATZ

~Timid Kyogre

Last edited:

Nylf

Covering your brother in powder? Okay, not quite as funny as suicidal ponies and melting barbies, but still a laugh. And the comment on hitting him harder, priceless. I'm afraid that my interview won't match these two probably. Man, those rocked. And I can't wait to see KK's. She's a tough nut to crack, so some background info will undoubtedly be interesting. Can't wait.

Kiyohime

Negrek uses Teapot! CRITICAL HIT! Brother goes down! HOES SNAP! Negrek wins! D:

Great interview! XD I must check out your fics at FFNet, I had no idea you wrote other fics. *feels ignorant*

*claps*

katiekitten

The Compromise
That was a funny one, Negrek. Revenge is sweet... >=) Up and at 'em!

Eek! *hides* It's my turn next... Oh dear. Probably won't be anywhere near as funny as the others, but never mind. :)

M

mindripper

Hey Negrek's interview was pretty good! TK, you mind posting the datelines for questions? Sorry if it adds to your workload, but I missed both times already. Thanks!

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
XD Oh, frell...

Yeah, the things that have been and will be said in this thread are going to kill me a thousand times over, guaranteed. I read about Burnt Flower doing sadistic little things to toys and frelling died. XD Frying things on a lit lightbulb...I used to do that, but with little plastic dinosaurs instead of Barbies (the Barbies were subjected to scissors). But the My Little Pony suicide...damn, that was just staggeringly boss awesome. XP And then we have the mental image of Negrek smacking her brother with a teapot. I immediately envisioned it as one of those clips of one sibling just giving another a good hard pow, like I see on AFV all the time. Complete with the cartoonish "bonk" sound effect to match. XP