• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Introduce yourselves. What made you read Pokemon Adventures in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makishima_Shogo

Greetings, I am not a visitor of the forums for either this or bulbapedia but I have used the databases when I started playing the older generation games on emulator.

I can say I did not have the first PC which was XP until I was 7 or 8 for learning how computers work thus did not have any knowledge of the communities on the Internet.

Pokemon the anime, with Ash, Brock and Misty were the one of the few first anime that I watched on TV other than Detective Conan, Doraemon and Shin-Chan. Back then, I assumed Pokemon was a cartoon in comparison to the other anime. There were also Yu Gi Oh, Digimon, Inuyasha amongst the cartoons such as Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Fairy Godparents, Hey Arnold, Cat Dog, Tom and Jerry etc. You could gauge my age through the shows in my childhood haha.

My first introduction to Pokemon Adventures was in a bookstore called Popular in Malaysia. I stumbled upon in by accident as I was buying school books. I think it was the first "book" that were heavily graphical that I bought. Back then, there were stalls selling Ruby and Sapphire Gameboy cartridges. (I did not play the games until DS was launched I played Diamond due to strict family). I had another manga that my father left which I don't remember the name of but it was definitely filled with more gore, sexual scenes and action compared to Pokemon Adventures. I was surprised by the Arbok and Magmar scenes, something I didn't expect as I bought it coz of the Pikachu which I think was famous to the peak between 2000 to 2010 in the East at least. I ended up buying about 5 volumes and spent 2 to 3 hours in the bookstore reading the volumes when I was not allowed to buy it so I read until Yellow's identity and powers was revealed and the interaction with Lance etc.

I somehow forgotten about it until the Diamond game which was really fun but I didn't complete in. I only made it to the Elite four since I was always busy or made to study. I think when I was 12 or 13 I grabbed a volume of the arc that Pokemon was on and was introduced to Magmortar, Rhyperior, Electivire and Dusknoir. I didn't read it fully but I assumed that it was a Diamond, Pearl or Platinum arc. I bought a Pokemon movie where there was Shaymin and Giratina in the cover, that movie was really hype worthy and I really enjoyed Giratina's menacing form etc.

I had no idea how each of the arcs linked and dropped the anime after 60 episodes since I got too busy, played only one of the games, as in I bought it legitimately until I played HG SS and Fr LG on the GBA emulator around those time. Even after I started reading manga online around 5 years ago, Pokemon Adventures was not on my mind. I had only remembered it in the last 2 years or so and how it was my first comic that I bought myself amongst the comics that were left by my father and his siblings which were Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and the crew as the most prominent of the bunch for me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Don't necrobump old threads. Also, mentioning/talking about emulators isn't allowed here on the forums.

Thanks.

@shoz999 Feel free to make a new version of the thread if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.