• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Inuyasha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't hear any rhyming in Inuyasha... did you?

I may have at one point, but that could have just been a result of the fumes.

Rave

Banned
I may have at one point, but that could have just been a result of the fumes.

What the hell was Takahashi smoking when she started writing this series?

Rave

Banned
or look back how she use to create good stories like Maison Ikkoku(that's her best romantic series, Hakajin), or One Pound Gospel.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Fighting isn't romance. None of this is deep in any way.

So then I guess Pride and Prejudice isn't romance either, ne? There's I have this thing about people who start out not liking each other finding common ground and learning to care about one another despite their differences, learning to see things from the other's point of view. Learning to be less self-centered. That's what makes it deep. And I don't like all romances that are like that either. It has to be well done, and I think Inu-Yasha was. I thought there was a strong friendship between them as well as the romantic aspect, and that's important too.

Yeah, I've read some of Maison Ikkoku. I dunno, I liked it, and I thought it was . . . poignant, but it's not really my thing. I still like fighting couples best. That's not to say I think it's bad, but it didn't appeal to me personally that much.

So then I guess Pride and Prejudice isn't romance either, ne?
1. These are two different things.
2. Pride and Prejudice is terrible.

There's I have this thing about people who start out not liking each other finding common ground and learning to care about one another despite their differences, learning to see things from the other's point of view. Learning to be less self-centered. That's what makes it deep. And I don't like all romances that are like that either. It has to be well done, and I think Inu-Yasha was. I thought there was a strong friendship between them as well as the romantic aspect, and that's important too.
Inuyasha and Kagome never learn anything about each other. They never go through any type of experience. They never have any sort of romantic moment ever. They just say 'OMG I LUV YOU!1', then yell at each other. This isn't depth. This is stupidity that idiots eat up because they don't know any better. Inuyasha or Kagome haven't become any less self-centered, they haven't changed at all in the past 500 chapters. They've just grown from hating each other to being uncomfortable around each other at times.

Yeah, I've read some of Maison Ikkoku. I dunno, I liked it, and I thought it was . . . poignant, but it's not really my thing. I still like fighting couples best. That's not to say I think it's bad, but it didn't appeal to me personally that much.
You're the reason why our divorce rate is so damn high.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
1. These are two different things.
2. Pride and Prejudice is terrible.

As for 1, they argue all the time, and it's definitely a romance, which was my point, and for 2, that's your personal opinion, and you're welcome to it.

Inuyasha and Kagome never learn anything about each other. They never go through any type of experience. They never have any sort of romantic moment ever. They just say 'OMG I LUV YOU!1', then yell at each other. This isn't depth. This is stupidity that idiots eat up because they don't know any better. Inuyasha or Kagome haven't become any less self-centered, they haven't changed at all in the past 500 chapters. They've just grown from hating each other to being uncomfortable around each other at times.

Of course they do. Kagome learns that Inu-Yasha has a had a really hard time finding acceptance, and that's why he's so distrustful. She also learns that he's a good person, under his rough exterior. And Inu-Yasha learns that he can trust Kagome not to abandon him, and that she's stronger and braver than she looks. Though I wish she would do more for herself :(. It did get way too mushy later on, but that's another story.

Personally, I think the divorce rate is so high because people get married without thinking of what a commitment it is. They're all mushy, and they don't realize how hard it is to live with someone and make decisions with him/her, and they give up when they run into problems. That's one of the things I love about fighting couples that I like: in the end, when things get serious, they stick together. They're friends despite their differences. And in the end, they're really more similar than they are different, and once they learn that, they don't fight as much. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them at each others' throats the entire way through. Eventually they should come to good terms with each other, with maybe a little playful bickering. It's the process of discovering someone else despite your own biases that I love.

Of course they do. Kagome learns that Inu-Yasha has a had a really hard time finding acceptance, and that's why he's so distrustful. She also learns that he's a good person, under his rough exterior. And Inu-Yasha learns that he can trust Kagome not to abandon him, and that she's stronger and braver than she looks. Though I wish she would do more for herself :(. It did get way too mushy later on, but that's another story.
And what comes of that knowledge? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nothing changes, after realizing that about Inuyasha Kagome stays EXACTLY THE SAME. You can say 'they learn **** about each other' all you want, but in the end their relationship is the exact same as it was when they stopped wanting to kill each other about 480 chapters ago. Kagome isn't brave, and she isn't strong. She's just annoying and idiotic. It doesn't get mushy later on, because it never changes, which is one of the core problems.

Personally, I think the divorce rate is so high because people get married without thinking of what a commitment it is. They're all mushy, and they don't realize how hard it is to live with someone and make decisions with him/her, and they give up when they run into problems. That's one of the things I love about fighting couples that I like: in the end, when things get serious, they stick together. They're friends despite their differences. And in the end, they're really more similar than they are different, and once they learn that, they don't fight as much. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them at each others' throats the entire way through. Eventually they should come to good terms with each other, with maybe a little playful bickering. It's the process of discovering someone else despite your own biases that I love.

Yeah, they don't realize the secret to a successful marriage is fighting each other and hating each other like Kagome and Inuyasha! Seriously, you'll die alone.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, she's supposed to be strong and brave, according to Rumiko Takahashi, though I agree that she hardly does anything for herself. She shows bravery occassionally, but not nearly enough. It did change, and I didn't like how it changed. They did stop hating each other, but it got to be a game of name-tennis, with Inu-Yasha always having to rescue Kagome. There was no more subtlety.

You didn't read all of what I said. I said that eventually, they should move past all that and get along, with maybe a little playful bickering from time to time. Like what happened with Pokeshipping. I just like it when they first meet and don't understand each other yet. I'll probably never end up in a relationship like that though. I hate bickering when it's me, and I try my best to be nice to people and accept the differences between them and me. I'm more likely to end up with something like Advanceshipping, I think. I just like shippings with fighting couples.

Last edited:
And that's why I got sick of it. It was good in the beginning, but it didn't go anywhere.
But it wasn't good in the beginning.

You didn't read all of what I said. I said that eventually, they should move past all that and get along, with maybe a little playful bickering from time to time.
You're acting like life is some kind of anime fan fiction. It's not. People don't hate each other for fun, and it doesn't get them to fall madly in love with each other.

Like what happened with Pokeshipping.
Oh my ****ing god. I give up.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Eh, that's opinion.

I know, life isn't like a manga or anime. It's an imitation of life. But it's an ideal that I enjoy. The point is not the fighting. They never enjoy hating each other . . . That's not why they like each other. Although a mutual respect can be formed if they see each other as worthy opponents. But it's moving past the fighting, getting past differences. Being able to see the good in someone different from you.

Hey, you better be careful being mean to me. I might just fall in love with you. Haha, jk.

I know, life isn't like a manga or anime. It's an imitation of life.
No, it's escapist entertainment meant to be nothing like life.

But it's an ideal that I enjoy.
It's an ideal that'll lead you to your lonely grave.

The point is not the fighting. They never enjoy hating each other . . . That's not why they like each other. Although a mutual respect can be formed if they see each other as worthy opponents. But it's moving past the fighting, getting past differences. Being able to see the good in someone different from you.
Once again, you are living in a fantasy land. Opponents? People don't fight each other because they like each other, and definitely not because they secretly love each other. Try going outside some time.

Haha, jk.
What?! Damn...

HK

Radiance of Shadows
@Hakajin: If you want actual good examples of (to-be) couples that are frequently at odds with each other, I suggest you like elsewhere: Berserk, Eden: It's an Endless World! (uh, kind of), Fullmetal Alchemist (better than most shounen romances, at least), G Senjou Heaven's Door, Kekkaishi (not really, but more people need to read this manga), Mobile Police Patlabor (but it's cancelled!), Nodame Cantabile, Solanin (kind of), Welcome to the N.H.K., Akira (kind of, maybe), Arigatou (crazy sex and violence!), Flowers and Bees, Ohikkoshi, Planetes, and Tanpenshu.

Seriously, if you're attracted to those type of relationships, then check out those manga. More worthwhile than digging yourself into a hole about Inu Yasha.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
No, it's escapist entertainment meant to be nothing like life.

You could say the same of any romance. It's an idealized version of real life.

It's an ideal that'll lead you to your lonely grave.

Eh, I've certainly worried about this, but I think as long as you know what's fantasy and what's reality, you'll be fine. I mean, I enjoy reading things like that, but I know not to expect the same for myself. Reality is more fulfilling.

Once again, you are living in a fantasy land. Opponents? People don't fight each other because they like each other, and definitely not because they secretly love each other. Try going outside some time.

I'm talking about respecting someone else's ability, even if he's different from you. Like . . . you debate with someone who has a different point of view, and even though you might not agree with him, you think he has a good argument and you respect his opinion. Something like that. Bickering can be a symptom of UST, but that's a whole 'nother story. And to reiterate one last time, they don't like each other because they fight, rather, despite the fact that they fight.

Anyway, I can see that you're not going to try to understand my point of view, so that's the last thing I'm gonna say. I'm getting frustrated, and that never leads to anything good.

Thanks for the list, Hellkorn! I'll try some of those. I've actually read several volumes of Kekkaishi, and I liked it. A few too many demon fighting scenes for my taste (I'm all story and no action), but I did like the characters, and the whole concept of Kekkaishi. I should pick it up again sometime. I think Flowers and Bees sounds good too, I intend to read that sometime. Lately I've been reading Lovely Complex (which I absolutely adore), but I recently finished all the current chapters. I need something more to read. But I stopped reading Inu-Yasha at about volume 27. I got bored- too much fighting, too little story; too much repetition; the characters got watered down . . . there're a lot of reasons.

Last edited:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
Okay, I just want to say that Kirara is the most adorable character in anime history, and her cuteness is one of the reasons I first started watching Inuyasha.

Okay, I just want to say that Kirara is the most adorable character in anime history, and her cuteness is one of the reasons I first started watching Inuyasha.

That's must been very stupid reason.

Rave

Banned

All that, just for that?

Thats sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.