• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Does anyone remember the inverse house in X and Y where you could have a battle where type effectiveness was reversed?I thought they were a fun twist.Do you guys want them to return and did you guys enjoy them?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't like them much, although I found them more intriguing than Sky Battles at least. I tend to always battle with type advantages in mind, so having them reversed always confused me and I never really got the hang of them.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Cool concept and I liked that Inverse battles were a recurring thing and not just exclusive to X/Y. Inverse battles were fun and strategic all at the same time.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I really wish that you could play this game mode in wifi battles there’s something funny about flying moves not effecting ground types and steel having no effect on poison.This game mode really makes you stop and think a lot more before you call out an attack.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
Cool concept and I liked that Inverse battles were a recurring thing and not just exclusive to X/Y. Inverse battles were fun and strategic all at the same time.

The level of strategy that they had did make them more intriguing that regular battles at least, and I thought that one of the Kalos Gyms should've had a gimmick involving Inverse Battle mechanics.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
The level of strategy that they had did make them more intriguing that regular battles at least, and I thought that one of the Kalos Gyms should've had a gimmick involving Inverse Battle mechanics.

They should've done it for either Ramos,or Olympias gym also why the hell was Grants gym not a double battle?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I loved these too. Wish there was an important battle that enforced these rules onto you (would’ve worked in Ultra Space or the Distortion World for DP remakes) and/or a Pokémon who had an ability that set an Inverse Battle “room” for 4 turns.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m waiting for a gym leader that uses inverse battles but specializes in normal types no they have no weakness it could be the ultimate troll

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m waiting for a gym leader that uses inverse battles but specializes in normal types no they have no weakness it could be the ultimate troll
They’d actually be weak to Ghost Types as Inverse Battles turn immunities into weaknesses.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Didn't gen7 bring back inverse typing into it's WiFi mode? I swear that they had a online competition that had those rules.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Not that I'm aware of.

im pretty sure there was 1 competition during SM that they had inverse option for the battles. not sure which it was but it was done.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
First time I did a inverse battle I thought it was a normal battle until it said my attack wasn’t very effective I was like ????

Sakuyamon

Loved these battles because it made me really think about which moves I would select to use the reverse type advantage and that was half the fun since it meant having to think differently.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Absolutely. Loved. Them. It’s a shame we didn’t get more of the Inverse Battles. Generally speaking I like most, if not all, of the battle formats that weren’t your standard 1 on 1.

Yeah, Inverse Battles made you “think” a little more but I enjoyed them just Bc it was something different/new. Would have liked to see it used in the Psychic gym or maybe even Fairy.

I doubt they’ll bring it back in any way, ever, but I guess there’s still hope?

Last edited:

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Absolutely. Loved. Them. It’s a shame we didn’t get more of the Inverse Battles. Generally speaking I like most, if not all, of the battle formats that weren’t your standard 1 on 1.

Yeah, Inverse Battles made you “think” a little more but I enjoyed them just Bc it was something different/new. Would have liked to see it used in the Psychic gym or maybe even Fairy.

I doubt they’ll bring it back in any way, ever, but I guess there’s still hope?

Maybe once the meta is more robust and we have more options. And I hope it becomes more main stream i.e. becomes an official battle format.

I like them because they were different from normal battles but they could've been more widespread in these games instead of only happening at Inver's house in X and Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.