• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Invincible (Spoilers within)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This is a thread for the show that a kid might go "Hey mom, a superhero show! Let's watch it" even though the contents of it are as, it not, more gore-y as/then Happy Tree Friends and showing a kid this would make you horrible. Oh and the cast lineup is very great with no drop in quality throughout the episodes. So yeah discuss Invincible where each time the title is show, more blood gets spewed on it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Been hearing some stuff about it but idk what it's about

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I finally watched it since it completed, just don't like supporting Amazon
It was awesome, I'm loving all the more adult superhero shows we've been getting lately like with Harley Quinn/The Boys/Invincible. Very hopeful that Disney makes a Deadpool cartoon as that'd definitely be a success!

The one thing I dislike was Amber, she was just selfish. 'Waaaa, you care more about saving the world than you do me!' Yeah if something happened to her I wouldn't shed any tears. No likeable traits at all, it's all about her!
Other than that it was pretty much perfect, can't wait for season 2 whenever that'll be

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
This "Super-heroes but grim" thing is getting old.

Just like the trend of villains being both more interesting and needing their motivations explained for sympathy's sake.

Just have heroes gladly punch Nazis, be it metaphorical, literal or adjacent to such, don't punch themselves or each other, not be bigoted or rapey in power or origin, and operate without the cops', military's or millionare/billionare/trillionare's support.

Invincible is just another edgy 2000s-era "deconstructionist" copypasta of Watchmen.

Yawn.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Saw it and I was immediately hooked lol

Favorite character in it is Atom Eve. She's awesome.

Got me somewhat Interested in reading the comics (I've already heard quite a lot sh*t goes down in them)

It was awesome, I'm loving all the more adult superhero shows we've been getting lately like with Harley Quinn/The Boys/Invincible. Very hopeful that Disney makes a Deadpool cartoon as that'd definitely be a success!

The one thing I dislike was Amber, she was just selfish. 'Waaaa, you care more about saving the world than you do me!' Yeah if something happened to her I wouldn't shed any tears. No likeable traits at all, it's all about her!
Other than that it was pretty much perfect, can't wait for season 2 whenever that'll be
It's a shame too because Amber seemed so cool at first but episode 7 rolled around and her likability dropped like a hot rock.

Which is weird because from what I've seen she seemed a lot more chill in comics
(Which also has some really unfortunate implications because she was originally Caucasian in the Comics and made African American in the TV show oof!)

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Amber isn’t really a character in the comics, and is basically a living prop.

But I like the expanded stuff because it highlights the difference between a personal relationship and a sense of duty which does require secrecy. Knowing what we know we can say that Mark wasn’t exactly wrong in his actions, but at the same time she was lied to and manipulated, and it’s normal to not be okay with that. It’s also a lot of “Would I want to be in a relationship with this person?”, not questioning what he’s doing in the first place.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This "Super-heroes but grim" thing is getting old.

Just like the trend of villains being both more interesting and needing their motivations explained for sympathy's sake.

Just have heroes gladly punch Nazis, be it metaphorical, literal or adjacent to such, don't punch themselves or each other, not be bigoted or rapey in power or origin, and operate without the cops', military's or millionare/billionare/trillionare's support.

Invincible is just another edgy 2000s-era "deconstructionist" copypasta of Watchmen.

Yawn.

But the thing you're describing got old in the early 90's. I mean having villains with as much character depth as Mr.Freeze surely is exciting to watch for 3 whole minutes.

Meanwhile, we have villains like Loki that are well written enough to even get their own spin-off shows.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

Amber can be a bit selfish at first, but if the show continues to generally follow the comics (as it has been), she becomes more sympathetic later on (even ending up in an abusive relationship with another guy, that Mark has to intervene in because it gets so bad). I won't say too much, but the short of it is that Amber isn't the character that Mark ends up with at the end. He ends up with someone who can technically live as long as he does.

Yeah, I'm tagging anything that has to do with the main plot, because I'm very familiar with the comics, to the point where I might inadvertently spoil things that haven't happened yet in the cartoon, because I'm using that to explain something else.

Invincible is one of those comic series' that really saved my interest in comics as a whole. It came out at a point where I was just so fed up with Marvel and DC comics and what they were doing that I was pretty much done with them. But this series really renewed my interest in comics, despite it basically being Game of Thrones with supers. It's not quite as bad as Game of Thrones (the level of violence is up there), but I can see why people who've read the comics would say that.

Last edited: