• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

iOS 7 group messaging not working

GreatGonzales

The Master
I have an iPhone 5s, and for several months I've been using a group chat with other people who all have iPhones. My phone uses iOS 7, and I've never had a problem with group messaging until now. Group MMS is disabled, as it always has been, and iMessage is on. Now, whenever I look at messages in the group, it says "outgoing" at the top' where as previously it said "group". Whenever I send a message it's green rather than blue, so I'm assuming it's being sent as a text message and not an iMessage. Rather than sending the message to the group, it sends it to all members of the group individually.

Help / how to fix this?

BCVM22

If I were to hazard a blind guess, I'd guess that one of the people in your group either has iMessages off for some reason or is no longer using an iPhone.

When this is the case - when even one person in a group text is not on an iOS device - it, obviously, sends the group texts as a text message rather than an iMessage. If all this were in fact the case and you had Group MMS disabled, what you're describing is what I imagine would happen.

This is just a guess, however.