• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

iPhone Lag on YouTube

I have an iPhone 3G. It suddenly started lagging on YouTube, even when it has full bars and nothing else using wifi is lagging.

I do not have 3G, just wifi. I tried clearing Safari's cookies, cache, and history, but it didn't work. Where are the YouTube settings on the iPhone?

DasBoot

It could easily be your connection. The amount of bars is just your signal strength to the router if you're using Wifi. Sometimes the website is also going under maintenance, do any other websites load fast, or is it just YouTube?

Try resetting your router if you're still having trouble.

The YouTube settings on near the status bar on the top. It should show a group of boxes.

Last edited:
It's still bad. None of the other sites had trouble, just YouTube. I tried resetting my router, and it's slightly better; one minute now loads thirty seconds of video.

I didn't see the settings. Are you sure it's for the app?

Phoopes

There it is.
Well, it could be the fact that it's a phone, not a full-fledged computer. Sure, phones are very powerful these days, but you still really shouldn't expect the same kind of internet speed that you would on a laptop. Especially for really "complex" (can't think of a better word here) thing like a video.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well, it could be the fact that it's a phone, not a full-fledged computer. Sure, phones are very powerful these days, but you still really shouldn't expect the same kind of internet speed that you would on a laptop. Especially for really "complex" (can't think of a better word here) thing like a video.

Not necessarily. I just tried Youtube with my Galaxy Note via Wi-Fi and it takes about half a second (at the beginning) to buffer 720p videos. And after that it plays the whole video straight through without any problems at all. Though I must admit that it was pretty slow at watching 1080p videos from there.
But I'm not sure about greatguy's problem since I've never owned an iPhone.