• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

iPod Touch will not show on iTunes..

krazyelements241

Hi i have no idea why my iPod touch won't show up on my Window's vista Computer.... it show's up as a camera...? but when i try to open it on itunes nothing comes up. i even tried putting it on the restore setting but when i plug it to to computer it says.."new hardware found. would you like to install it to windows?" and i wait for the itunes response but nothing..!

when i tried it on my macbook it worked, i even tried it over at my sister's windows machine on an XP version and it works too! is there a setting on Vista that isn't allowing my ipod to access itunes? ;165;

EspadaL

may need to update itunes

Shuam

righteous
Horrible links! like i said, it shows up on windows XP! i have no problems with windows XP, it is the windows vista i have problems with. i had already stumbled upon those links before actually (when i googled my question)

Have you even tried doing what it says to do on your Vista computer? If not, try it. :\

And if that doesn't work,
"this usually means you either have a screenshot or a saved photo, go to the photos app and make sure that there isn't a section that is titled "Saved Photos" or "Camera Roll" if there is delete the photos from this section by clicking the picture, click it when the photo goes full screen and a menu option should pop up, push the icon that looks like a trash can and press "delete photo". Now the ipod should not show as a camera in windows"

Also, Google'd this again and this thread was in the first page results lolol.

duncan

Yes, your iTouch is supposed to show up on your computer (it's handy for when you need to bring screenshots over without having to email them to yourself), don't worry about that. What you need to do, first of all, is make sure iTunes is up to date. If you're running an older version, that's the problem right there.

EspadaL

ive got windows vista
i-tunes works fine
perhaps you should back-up important data
and system restore
then try it again
or
search for update using itunes

Casimir

Good boy.
Is Apple Mobile Device running? This is needed in order for the two to connect.
(Do CTRL+ALT+DEL and look under Processes)

If not, this can all be done in the Control Panel on the start menu, under 'Administrative Tools.'
Go under services and look for "Apple Mobile Device."
Once you see it you may notice there is nothing under it's status when it should say "started."
Right Click it -> Properties -> Change the Startup Type Drop Box from "Disabled" to "Automatic" -> Click Apply/Okay -> Right click again -> Hit 'Start'

Then try it again!
This is what I had to do when my ipod touch wouldn't connect/sync.

I don't run on vista, nor do I know if any of this works the same in vista.

krazyelements241

hey thanks everyone for the help

Shuam: sorry if i sounded rude up there....i just read what i typed and it sounds mean..:/ sorry i was just so frustrated with my ipod...

anywho so i tried all the tips i got, and searched on google but nothing...:/ i seriously don't know what else to do. so for now i just sync it with my macbook..:/ until i figure out a way to fix the problem on vista desktop...:/

Deo

Have you installed the latest USB drivers for your computer?
Will the application "Music Rescue" see your iPod?
Is your iPod set up to be used by both Macs and Windows?

krazyelements241

hey guys thanbks for the help and tips!
now i have a bigger problem not only won't the ipod sync but now it does not show up on the coputer at all! which means it won't charge...:/ what is wrong with it!! it shows up on my sister's macbook and her Windows Xp computer. but not on my WIndows Vista..! why i kow it is not the iPod b.c if it would have been the ipod it would not show up in neither the 3 computers. it must be my computer. the ipod stopped showing up as a camera and stopped charging as well when i installed Macfee Antivirus. i am thinking of unistalling that to see if that fixes the charging problem. i do have a question though how do i know if my Drivers are "up to date"...? by the way the computer knows that the ipod is hooked on when i hook it up because it makes that noise when you plug in a usb device and when i unplug it it makes the other noise like when a usb device gets unplugged.
so i tired the whole star>contorl panel>etc.. i did find the apple mobile thing and disabled it then clicked on start. but no good... now i have a bigger problem