1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Iris’ Eventual Return

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by PorcelainVulpix, Oct 10, 2019.

1. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

Since Iris never got a cameo, what would you like to see if Iris possibly returns?

For me, I wouldn’t mind seeing the anime hint at Iris becoming Unova’s eventual champion. I also believe Iris has the potential of being the strongest of Ash’s previous companions, so I’d love to see how much stronger she’s gotten and possibly an intense battle between her and Ash.

I like the idea of her possibly appearing in the SM special and meeting one of the classmates. Maybe she could battle Kiawe

LilligantLewis likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I'd imagine she'd make a return showcasing her 6th new Pokemon in some dragon-themed episode involving some big dragon-themed character in the latest generations. Also wouldn't mind if Iris returned as Pokemon Champion as long as it's believable like the Adventures manga. Considering what the anime did to her character's Pokemon team, those are some big difficult shoes to build up to.

RLC, mehmeh1 and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  3. PorcelainVulpix

I completely agree but I have hope the writers will redeem her team. Misty’s team was kind of garbage in OS but she got most of her development off screen. I’d love to see Iris come back with a fully loaded kick @ss team.

4. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

I would like to see her with Deino and Druddigon which she traded for her Emolga and Excadrill.

Oh, and hopefully her Axew is at least Fraxure by now.

shoz999 and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  5. PorcelainVulpix

I really wouldn’t want to see her Emolga go, of all the main pokémon, it had one of my favorite personalities.

shoz999 and BabaVanga like this.
  6. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

She can always trade with Gou :)

7. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

I don't think Iris will return either.

8. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

I don’t think she will either but I hope she does . If she does I would love for her to have do something like Dawn and battle everyone on the cast.

9. Yokai_Fan

Yokai_Fan Member

Can they give her her Champion design? They refuse to give Misty and Brock their HGSS designs, but still.

10. Lionel_B

Lionel_B Well-Known Member

I hope we'll see it when Ash returns to Unova. The character had the cards to be interesting, but the writers introduced all the stuff that could have been developed without doing anything with it.

So maybe in a series that does not try to attract young audiences, we could better exploit it... What we could have done in XY, since she was pursuing Rayquaza the last time we seen, we could have given him a role in Mega-Evolution...

11. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

I wanna see Iris battle Ash with her Gible and have them both evolve during the fight.Then when her Gible evolves into Garchomp she can rematch Cynthia

12. Sham

Sham show the unknown

All I know is that Iris better show up with a mega Garchomp

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  13. AshxSatoshi

AshxSatoshi Ice Aurelia

Iris will return as Unova’s champion

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  14. Emboar_Rulez

I wanna see a 5v5 battle with ash and iris it would go

Emolga vs Snivy.they are rivals
    Axew vs Scraggy.They are best friends
    Excadrill vs Krookodile.
    Dragonite vs Charizard
    Gible vs Gible
    if she has a garchomp or gabite then it will go against Pikachu

15. Lionel_B

Lionel_B Well-Known Member

You know ... I think Axew does not sell anymore. I say that based on his absence as a starter in Super Dungeon Mystery.

If we review Iris, she may have evolved its Axew

16. Emboar_Rulez

Haxorus would be nice

17. Sham

Sham show the unknown

I don’t think he ever did. It’s not like I found him unappealing but I feel like a Dragon Pokémon like Gible or Bagon is more palatable as a “cute unevolved Pokémon”. Unfortunately they were introduced before Unova.

18. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

I bet next time Iris returns she'll be so strong that she would even challenge Lance for the championship title and if she wins she'll automatically be acknowledged worldwide as the strongest Dragon type pokemon trainer in the world. Would be great if it happens but 90% unlikely.

Leonhart, LilligantLewis and Sham like this.
  19. Emboar_Rulez

thats would be awesome but I think she will become the gym leader first.

20. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Is this series confirmed to not attract young audiences?

And not only that, but they said they never evolved Axew bc they didn't want to have to deal with animating Fraxure throughout every scene of an episode (since it's an out-of-ball mon) I'm sure they'd be fine with doing it for just one episode (or a few).