• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris’ Eventual Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Since Iris never got a cameo, what would you like to see if Iris possibly returns?

For me, I wouldn’t mind seeing the anime hint at Iris becoming Unova’s eventual champion. I also believe Iris has the potential of being the strongest of Ash’s previous companions, so I’d love to see how much stronger she’s gotten and possibly an intense battle between her and Ash.

I like the idea of her possibly appearing in the SM special and meeting one of the classmates. Maybe she could battle Kiawe

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd imagine she'd make a return showcasing her 6th new Pokemon in some dragon-themed episode involving some big dragon-themed character in the latest generations. Also wouldn't mind if Iris returned as Pokemon Champion as long as it's believable like the Adventures manga. Considering what the anime did to her character's Pokemon team, those are some big difficult shoes to build up to.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I'd imagine she'd make a return showcasing her 6th new Pokemon in some dragon-themed episode involving some big dragon-themed character in the latest generations. Also wouldn't mind if Iris returned as Pokemon Champion as long as it's believable like the Adventures manga. Considering what the anime did to her character's Pokemon team, those are some big difficult shoes to build up to.

I completely agree but I have hope the writers will redeem her team. Misty’s team was kind of garbage in OS but she got most of her development off screen. I’d love to see Iris come back with a fully loaded kick @ss team.

Lionel_B

I hope we'll see it when Ash returns to Unova. The character had the cards to be interesting, but the writers introduced all the stuff that could have been developed without doing anything with it.

So maybe in a series that does not try to attract young audiences, we could better exploit it... What we could have done in XY, since she was pursuing Rayquaza the last time we seen, we could have given him a role in Mega-Evolution...

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I wanna see Iris battle Ash with her Gible and have them both evolve during the fight.Then when her Gible evolves into Garchomp she can rematch Cynthia

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I wanna see a 5v5 battle with ash and iris it would go

Emolga vs Snivy.they are rivals
Axew vs Scraggy.They are best friends
Excadrill vs Krookodile.
Dragonite vs Charizard
Gible vs Gible
if she has a garchomp or gabite then it will go against Pikachu

Lionel_B

You know ... I think Axew does not sell anymore. I say that based on his absence as a starter in Super Dungeon Mystery.

If we review Iris, she may have evolved its Axew

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
You know ... I think Axew does not sell anymore. I say that based on his absence as a starter in Super Dungeon Mystery.

I don’t think he ever did. It’s not like I found him unappealing but I feel like a Dragon Pokémon like Gible or Bagon is more palatable as a “cute unevolved Pokémon”. Unfortunately they were introduced before Unova.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I bet next time Iris returns she'll be so strong that she would even challenge Lance for the championship title and if she wins she'll automatically be acknowledged worldwide as the strongest Dragon type pokemon trainer in the world. Would be great if it happens but 90% unlikely.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
So maybe in a series that does not try to attract young audiences

Is this series confirmed to not attract young audiences?

And not only that, but they said they never evolved Axew bc they didn't want to have to deal with animating Fraxure throughout every scene of an episode (since it's an out-of-ball mon) I'm sure they'd be fine with doing it for just one episode (or a few).

Status
Not open for further replies.