• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Cilan [spoil]ing discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in Aug/Sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
The thread title is
"Iris and Cilan leaving discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in August or September)"

This thread is for discuss the things any possible speculation about the events that will trigger the more than possible Iris' and Cilan's departure and at the end of Best Wishes.

This is the thread to share the opinion about the two, a resume of their characters and how they would be handled in the last episodes.

Remember that I don't recommend complaining about what shorter they are their time in the show. We knew that BW is a 3 years series, making shorter than AG and DP.

Try to not give speculation of the next travelling companion because we don't know everything about it in the XY anime. You can discuss it in the XY thread.

And I recommend making this thread a "positive" thread about Iris and Cilan. This isn't the best moment to rant about them.

And to end, the source where we know the possibly leaving of them.
http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/vicemon/media/IMG_2463_zps7d29c3a9.jpg.html

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
So this looks interesting! Them saying sayonara doesn't mean they won't come back like Brock did in AG!

More interesting to me is Claire and her shiny Krimigan, Ash vs Iris and Butterfree(but that isn't the theme of the thread!)!

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I expected at least one of the two to stay around for gen 6. This is pretty risky on the writers part; if they are just introducing two new travelling buddies for Ash, that'll be incredibly risky. Or if they're bringing old characters back, I'd be ecstatic.

It's a bit of a shame when you know they've had a lot of build up and screentime, and when it comes down to this, Ash and his pokemon may as well have had the screen time :(

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Raise your hand if you saw this coming since the beginning.

*raises hand*

The thread title is
"Iris and Cilan leaving discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in August or September)"

This thread is for discuss the things any possible speculation about the events that will trigger the more than possible Iris' and Cilan's departure and at the end of Best Wishes.

This is the thread to share the opinion about the two, a resume of their characters and how they would be handled in the last episodes.

Remember that I don't recommend complaining about what shorter they are their time in the show. We knew that BW is a 3 years series, making shorter than AG and DP.

Try to not give speculation of the next travelling companion because we don't know everything about it in the XY anime. You can discuss it in the XY thread.

And I recommend making this thread a "positive" thread about Iris and Cilan. This isn't the best moment to rant about them.

And to end, the source where we know the possibly leaving of them.
http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/vicemon/media/IMG_2463_zps7d29c3a9.jpg.html

I knew the time would come for them to depart but I can't help but feel very sad. Ash, Iris and Cilan have become my second favourite trio.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I would be glad if only Dent ends up leaving. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but after changing only the girls in the past sagas, it would be neat to change only the boy now. But that is very unlikely. Either way, I will miss Iris and Dent when they eventually leave the show, they are probably the best companions Satoshi ever had. I still miss Hikari after what, three years?

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Is that Ash's Butterfree? o.o

It might be possible. I hope it is in one reason. We only seen it once before after the release, and it is only in the introduction of one of the seasons. I would not hold my breathe though, that we seen Pokemon that we thought it was his, but really was not.

Haunter ゴースト

At the end of Johto and Hoenn it was treated as if Brock was leaving for good.

The page hints nothing other than it advertising BW's end. NOT XYs start.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Wow, first time I have seen that scan

So my first thoughts:
Oshawotts broken shell has to do with the dewott battle?
Is that ashes butterfree making a return or just a cameo in a flash back?
What's meowth and zoroark doing?
Are those female dragonite twins with flowers on their heads?
Claire is back, she was a boss I love her..
A nice shiny irish print drud, love it...hahaha
Would Claire have something to do with iris's goal, maybe something like training with her back in jhoto?

And finally sayonara!, I can't say that I didn't see it happening
Cilan doesn't do much lately and I won't miss him much
Iris is close to becoming very very strong and I'm guessing takes over the gym or something...
I'll miss iris abit but not near as much as dawn or misty
I'd did like the unova traveling trio but I'm glad to see a change

I think we may get 2 brand new partners for ash!:)

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
The artwork seems fake... I don't trust this. What magazine is this coming from?

(Pardon if it is indeed for real. I'm just sceptical...)

I think we may get 2 brand new partners for ash!:)[/QUOTE]

Great... So I have to get used to two new people again? Aw if Cilan leaves I'm gonna miss him so much... :(

Kein

AKA Silktree
At the end of Johto and Hoenn it was treated as if Brock was leaving for good.
But they didn't promote his departure months before the relevant episode. In fact, what they did reveal four months in advance was the fact that Brock would stay for AG while Misty would leave.

Brock didn't even have a faux departure at the end of AG. He and Ash didn't say goodbye to each other.

Last edited:

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I'll miss Cilan if he leaves, he's one of my favourite travelling partners :(

Also if that is indeed Ash's Butterfree, I think I may spontaneously combust in nostalgia.

JD

The artwork seems fake... I don't trust this. What magazine is this coming from?

(Pardon if it is indeed for real. I'm just sceptical...)

It's not fake. I'm guessing Iris is going to go off with Clair to train in Dragons Den, and Cilan I have no idea what he's going to do..

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
It's not fake. I'm guessing Iris is going to go off with Clair to train in Dragons Den, and Cilan I have no idea what he's going to do..

The tittle does say "unconfirmed" so I assume there is a possibility to be fake. And I'm still searching for a source...

JD

The tittle does say "unconfirmed" so I assume there is a possibility to be fake. And I'm still searching for a source...

I think it's unconfirmed that they're leaving. If this actually is fake which it probably isn't the guy that made it must have been really talented.

Graham Aker

I think it's unconfirmed that they're leaving. If this actually is fake which it probably isn't the guy that made it must have been really talented.

The Butterfree thing makes me question the legitimacy of this, the Druddigon artwork looks off too. Everthing else wouldn't be that hard to make up.

Last edited:

JD

The Butterfree thing makes me question the legitimacy of this, the Druddigon artwork looks a bit off.

I think it's real.. but April Fools Day is coming up right around the corner so it might be a hoax. I remember two years ago we got the "Ash's Palpitoad" figure and it was deemed as a fake and then he caught one a month afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.