• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Cilan [spoil]ing discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in Aug/Sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
@Locormus
I disagree, though. I think Dento has been the best character in Pkmn yet, but he's gotten very few 'serious' plots and such for him, so yes, I think he deserves much more. This isn't a thread for that, though, so let's not argue about that.

1. No underlying background story that acknowledges his actions.
2. No personal development.
3. Random plots based off a shaky quirk that lead no where: Fishing Sommelier, Metro Sommelier? Granted, a Stunfisk capture.
4. No goal development whatsoever.
5. No achievements throughout the series.

Definitely the best character in the animé yet. Just a notch below Tracey in my book, simply because Tracey achieved something whereas Cilan... hasn't.

Hence why I wouldn't mind Cilan leaving the group in BWda1, but alas he joins the group once more.

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh LOL Thats not really fair for Dento, its Tracey all over again. He didn't even get one a couple of episodes to foreshadow him leaving, I hope he works some place near by Ash so we can see him every now and than like we do with Tracey. I'm not even going to say any thing about Iris, any one who didn't see this coming well. I hope the new girl Ash mentors her, I like May or Dawn type thanks good-bye Iris, I won't say I'll miss you cuz I really won't matter of fact I'm looking forward to this more than any thing but err um byeXD

Guess Iris won't make it to Kanto? I don't want another Ash V.S Iris fight, we already saw Ash win last time, why do we need another?

Sorry Cybs, it does not look like Team Rocket trio is leaving either, no spoilers or titles talking about them and you'd think we'd get some thing on that since they've been here just as long as Ash, think they'll be following him to Kanto and than to the next region, only back to comedy since serious Team Rocket was given one last chance by the boss bum bum bum. Hurray! Ash stalkers 4life HA.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
^ What? Emolga joins Team Rocket? I think that's a temporary thing, but I wonder what will happen.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The tittle does say "unconfirmed" so I assume there is a possibility to be fake. And I'm still searching for a source...
Yeah something doesn't seem right about it, firstly, where's the top half of it, and Druddigon looks a little off too.

EDIT: Nevermind then....

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

But they didn't promote his departure months before the relevant episode. In fact, what they did reveal four months in advance was the fact that Brock would stay for AG while Misty would leave.

I don't know since i wasn't a huge follower back then, but that's still no solid confirmation.

We've only had the word 'Sayonara' being said to explain them leaving (which was pretty obvious anyway). Everybody says goodbye at departures, infact we see goodbye said at the end of every filler episode with a cotd. Just because they say goodbye doesn't mean they won't return for the start of XY (or at least one of them). As i've already said. This is promoting them leaving at the end of BW, it can very easily promote them returning when XY Anime details surface.

Brock didn't even have a faux departure at the end of AG. He and Ash didn't say goodbye to each other.

That's irrelevant, they did say goodbye regardless of whether it was executed well or not.

BlueDragonfangirl

Look, I can understand maybe Dento but they do this with every girl from every series.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
1. No underlying background story that acknowledges his actions.
2. No personal development.
3. Random plots based off a shaky quirk that lead no where: Fishing Sommelier, Metro Sommelier? Granted, a Stunfisk capture.
4. No goal development whatsoever.
5. No achievements throughout the series.

Definitely the best character in the animé yet. Just a notch below Tracey in my book, simply because Tracey achieved something whereas Cilan... hasn't.

Hence why I wouldn't mind Cilan leaving the group in BWda1, but alas he joins the group once more.

Sigh. As I said, I will not argue with you about this. There's enough stupid arguments in these forums.

---

On Topic, I love what we know about this Season. I hope Iris and Dento ends well, and not just 'Bye, see ya!'. I guess Iris will go back to being a Gym Leader, but I'm not sure what Dento will do. Just 'travel and trying to become a better 'that-thing-he-is-that-I-can't-spell-for-squat' doesn't sound like a good ending for him..

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm looking forward to these episodes. They all look awesome

diakyu

I don't think they are saying goodbye here. I mean look at Iris' facial expression. She looks nervous, not sad.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
This piece of info was revealed in a public anime festa, something that it's supposing to be visited in the first place. The question is, why reveal the departure so early? I will try to say the possible answers:

-We know that BW technically ends in 18th April. Everything past this date are fillers and set-up episodes who purpose is waiting for the time they can release the new series.

-And this. Because Best Wishes has technically ended the writers are focusing in the new anime series, the anime that promotes XY. Because the new anime has new characters in them nd Iris and Cilan aren't, they are trying to confirm via a "anime festa" their departures already for in no more than 3 months reveal the new characters (and something "strange", you never know, at least one character is technically confirmed). And if they hype arcs now, imagine what we should expect to hype the new series.

-Now it's making more clear and clear that the worldwide release are affecting the Japanese schedule to help the dub to air the anime as soon as the games are released. Now exist 4 possibility about how they handle the series:
A) The departure episodes would air 2-3 weeks before the games' release and the new series airs in the games' release as normal. The expected but now I doubt it.
B) The departure episodes woul air in July/August and after that they start to air the XY anime to tie with the XY promotion. The most probale option right now.
C) They air the departure episodes, they air 2 months of specials/cameos and air the XY series when the games' release. They also could air around 8 "Chronicles-like" episodes that the dub airs online later. Less probable but it's hinted by the lack of resolution of Burgundy and Georgia's rivalries and the presence of the "I love Marine" (Piplup) and "I love Gothic" (Croagunk). In that case, I said two pseudo-specials with Iris and Cilan (Ash will appear), a Dawn re-cameo and a Brock cameo.
D) They made a hiatus during 2 months to help catch up and air the anime around the same time. I don't see it.

diakyu

BW is not "technically" ending until XY starts. Some of the episodes revealed are not filler. That's crazy talk.

diakyu

Just because Sayonara is being said DOESN'T CONFIRM EITHER OF THEM WON'T RETURN FOR XY.
Yeah, everyone needs to remember when Brock would say goodbye only to come back a mere two episodes later.

You could usually tell by the way they edit the show if Brock was going to come back or not. If the edit of the last BW episode suggests that Iris and Cilan are not coming back, they probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.