1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Black & White' started by Serebii, May 26, 2011.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Eh, this episode was kind of weird because Excadrill was completely out of character, and partly because this was basically a copy of "Charizard Chills" and "Trials and Adulations," where a main character bonds with a disobedient Pokemon...

2. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I was really trying hard to make sense of what Excadrill's problem was, but the reason offered here didn't convince me to be honest. When had Iris ever misinterpreted Excadrill's feelings?

3. I was wondering the same thing. If anything it came off as Excadrill being sore about losing, and not letting it go. We saw Iris put effort into making Excadrill cheer up and train. I don't see how she did anything wrong here.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

Not too thrilled about Langley being called Georgia, but her voice is funny and she is too. Iris vs. Drilbur was kinda cute, when she was getting pulled away from the battle my her hair.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Doryuzu's issues with Iris didn't exactly make sense to me, either. In fact, the whole disobedience thing seemed contrived, almost like an attempt to mimic Lizardon's behavior from OS.

MockingJ likes this.
  6. It was nice to learn why Iris's Excadrill is so disobedient and see it learn Focus Blast. I have a super hard time believing that Iris won 99 battles in a row considering how sub-par her battling skills have been shown to be so far. Georgia was a fun character, and I was surprised that their rematch ended in a draw.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Well judging from her opponents in the flashbacks, she was facing average trainers, so her victory record might've been inflated by easy wins.

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

You know something I wonder after watching this episode....does anyone like Georgia? Because she's just a completely unlikable with her being sore loser and her eating the others breakfast. Does she get better later or is till like this?

MockingJ likes this.
  9. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

She's the most boring of the Unova rivals because she hardly changes and ends up staying as a sore loser as far as I can remember. She's worse than Burgundy because at least Burgundy's bitterness was kind of funny on occasion.

Sonnas likes this.
  10. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

It doesn't help that she barely shows up besides the Club Tournaments and Junior Cup. And after that we never see her again.