• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Dragon Buster Appears! Iris & Excadrill!!

Heading to Nimbasa City, Ash & Co. are confronted by a girl who claims she is the Dragon Buster and wants to challenge Iris. Iris accepts this challenge but faces a strong challenge when she has to use her Excadrill in the battle. Will Iris be able to make Excadrill listen enough to try and defeat the trainer's Beartic?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Dreamcoat

- Battle starts almost immediately, great!
- Lawl, Axew Vs. Beartic? GREAT MOVE IRIS XD
- Aaaand of course Axew is destroyed by Beartic's Ice Beam.
- Langley gloats a bit, Iris goes "O RLY?1" and continues the battle with Excadrill.
- Bear punch to the gut, and down goes Excadrill!
- Awww, Iris is all sad face.
- OMG FLASHBACK TIME! EXCADRILL AS A DRILBUR!
- Drilbur used Metal Claw. It's super effective, Iris fainted!
- Aww, she saves it from falling and they become friends.
- Moar flazbakz! Drilbur battling 651657561564 PKMN and evolving.
- Iris & Excadril Vs. Drayden & Haxorus! Haxorus couldn't care less, and Excadril goes down after 3 hits.
- Awwww, Excadril seems sadface that it let Iris down and lost a battle :'-(
- SUPER SECRET MIDNIGHT EXTRA GETTING STRONG TRAINING!!
- The food is gone! All thanks to Langley!
- REMATCH TIME!
- Excadril faints but manages to take down Beartic at the same time.
- Iris is all "You don't HAVE to win each time, you're great no matter what!!" and Excadril is all" EXCADRIL!!!" and they both hug and make up. AWWWWWW, ALL MUSHY AND STUFF!

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Poor Kibago he actually endured attacks so the thing is getting stronger :p, sad seeing it get trashed.

Dreamcoat Emolga would just run and Excadrill doesn't give a **** XD.

Damn Excadrill is a badass, he was putting it on Beartic but got smashed by a fightning attack I believe, stream cut on the attack.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So that ice breath looking attack was icicle crash, thought so.

Iris Flashback Time!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Damn Drillbur was dstrong beating Fraxure an Druidigons and other strong pokemons, loving the flashback.

Hum Shaga isn't Iris gramps in the anime? Oo she seems to not even know him, she was like Shaga? and the other guy explained her who he was.

playerking

Haxorus versus Excadrill.

And I'm guess Excadrill will lose.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Damn Drillbur was dstrong beating Fraxure an Druidigons and other strong pokemons, loving the flashback.

Hum Shaga isn't Iris gramps in the anime? Oo she seems to not even know him, she was like Shaga? and the other guy explained her who he was.
Iris and Drayden were never meant to be related

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Iris and Drayden were never meant to be related

How so? if they are ingame? I haven't heard anything from the anime directors saying they wouldn't make him her gramps, you mean they weren't meant to be family ingames either?

Anyway Haxorus destroyed Excadrill pretty bad and he seems frustrated.

Chimchar15

How so? if they are ingame? I haven't heard anything from the anime directors saying they wouldn't make him her gramps, you mean they weren't meant to be family ingames either?

Anyway Haxorus destroyed Excadrill pretty bad and he seems frustrated.

They were never related even in the games. Anyways that was a pretty awesome battle. Hah and another hah to all those who thought Iris and Dento for that matter wouldn't get good development. So far this trio has been balanced pretty well.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
They aren't related in-game either

Woot? I'm confused now everyone says he is her gramps, weird and I actually though I read that ingame.

Episode ended best Iris episode yet, Excadrill wasn't just disobeying her, he felt frustrated since he lost that is way he wasn't obeying.

Iris sleeps with it and talks with it, it leaves middle night and goes to train to learn a new attack which seems to be Metal Burst I think by the animation.

Rematch is freaking awesome and epic, Beartic and Excadrill end up tie and Iris goes to him and seems to encourage it along with Dent, Pikachu and Satoshi and he seems happy and hugs Iris.

Damn what a nice episode, the flashback was nice, the reason why it was disobeing was diferent aka it basicly wasn't disobeying it was just frustrated and only did something when it really had to defend itself like in the Scolipede episode, so the issue being resolved in one episode is understandable.

Great episode in all aspects, Beartic and Excadrill were super badass oh and Langley seemed to be a sore loser whining that Iris didnt beat her with Dragon type I believe.

thesmilewolfy

pokemon videographer
any1 know why excadrill disobeys iris? Is it because its sad it failed her and is too scared to fail her again?
Edit: nvm, what a unique way for it to disobey

Last edited:

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
he just seemed grandfatherly was all, so folks went with it.

RE: the ep.... what is with pokemon and characters/rivals whose entire personality is to obsessively hate on something/someone and act like complete dicks? i don't even find it entertaining. it's just annoying. why is this allowed to happen?

i hated that character. i hope she never comes back. she eats three people's breakfasts and just walks off and they just stand there. this is not how things work! dento and ash should hold her arms while iris swings from a vine and kicks her repeatedly in the stomach until she vomits blood. that's my ending. :D

RE: the ep.... what is with pokemon and characters/rivals whose entire personality is to obsessively hate on something/someone and act like complete dicks? i don't even find it entertaining. it's just annoying. why is this allowed to happen?

i hated that character. i hope she never comes back. she eats three people's breakfasts and just walks off and they just stand there. this is not how things work! dento and ash should hold her arms while iris swings from a vine and kicks her repeatedly in the stomach until she vomits blood. that's my ending. :D
I really like that :D

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Oh so that is why? weird lol.

I really didn't like her too much either, when she reappears we might get to know more about her since Iris issue is resolved now, she just seems ticked off all the time.

thesmilewolfy I just think it was frustrated from losing badly to Haxorus but since I don't know japanese I can't really be sure of it.

sunny love the picture in you signature, pure win XD.

playerking

Excadrill development and it obeyed Iris in one episode, greeeaatt. BW just keeps getting better, doesn't it. At least it seemed like a nice episode after all.

3 questions.

Did Langley know Iris, if so, how?

Why did Excadrill disobey Iris in the first place?

Is Langley now Iris's rival, because the same thing that told us about Ash getting a new Pokemon in the upcoming episode, said that Iris gets a Rival.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
1- I think she didn't, I didn't catch the start of the episode, I started watching when the opening ended.

2- Like I said I think it was just frustrated not actually disobeying her, but he didn't come out , out of frustration but if sunny or Sushi or whoever else can watch the episode and explain that to us it would be cool.

3- Most likelly she seems to be kind of hatefull and I think she will want to beat Iris again, plus I think she bragged that Iris didn't do it with a Dragon type so I can see Axew evolving and beating her later in the arc, not a fan of her atitude like sunny said but I hope we got some developments on that later on.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I really don't mind Excadrill being obedient in one episode since now we can actually see more of it finally. Also, I'm kinda glad Excadrill isn't treated as an invincible force, just a strong one, I was kinda worried that it would for some reason.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
Did Langley know Iris, if so, how?

Why did Excadrill disobey Iris in the first place?

Is Langley now Iris's rival, because the same thing that told us about Ash getting a new Pokemon in the upcoming episode, said that Iris gets a Rival.

1. She knew OF her. She said "You're Iris right? I've been looking for you." Iris didn't question this. None of them questioned ANY of the girl's really stupid behaviour, which drove me nuts. Ash and Dento were like vegetables.

2. This was a bit confusing to me, but it seems Excadrill's bad loss against Shaga was because of a bad call by Iris. Excadrill indicated to her it was a bad call but she made him do it anyway and he lost. This is why he went into his shell, he couldn't handle the loss after they'd won something like 100 times in a row. This is why he would not come out, listen to Iris, obey her commands, etc etc. He felt like she built him up and told him he could do anything and win all the time and then sabotaged him.

Is what I think was going on. Iris began crying and apologizing because she realized with Dento's advice she never bothered understanding how sabotaged Excadrill felt, that it was her own fault, he wasn't just sad he lost, he blamed her for not listening to him.

3. Probably. I want her to just be gone forever though. So annoying. XD