• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
sunnyshore you can't watch TV/anime haha you are too sensible, just plot and part of the story, jkg I was also oh poor thing but I know it is part of the story and we had friendly rivals before and now, Belle, Jun are the most recent examples you have to have some mean/competitive ones there.

dman_dustin

Unlike some of you, who despise Langley, she sort of failed for me.

Too much of a female dog? Sorry, but Ursula and Harley were a lot better in THAT department than Langley. Langley to me seemed like she was trying too hard be of THAT personality. Then again it might be because she came after Harley and Ursula.

I did love how she ate their food though, that was good for a laugh. Only because I couldn't see who had eaten their food. And then it showed Langley, in the "I ate your food, I'm not denying it." I laughed. I also like her "Byes" like she has somewhere more important to be. But other than that unappealing.

Other than Langley, this episode was really good, and it proved me right that Iris IS a good trainer. Now all of those who questioned that can be quiet. Unless you're going to argue all those wins meant nothing.

Axew, buddy, you're getting there, but you need some more moves......Oh wait, I meant Scraggy, forget you Axew......Just Kidding.

Excadrill- I like Excadrill happy. It makes Excadrill "ADORABLE" *Metal Claw'd in the face* But seriously, yeah, I'm glad Excadrill obeys now. Though I can't wait for a proper translation for what was exactly going on.

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
sunnyshore you can't watch TV/anime haha you are too sensible, just plot and part of the story, jkg I was also oh poor thing but I know it is part of the story and we had friendly rivals before and now, Belle, Jun are the most recent examples you have to have some mean/competitive ones there.

no!!!!! the anime must make sense at all times, it must be written perfectly and it must not cater only to little children!!!!! it must be FLAWLESS!! i'm as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take this anymore! *flips a table*

*flips every table*

no!!!!! the anime must make sense at all times, it must be written perfectly and it must not cater only to little children!!!!! it must be FLAWLESS!! i'm as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take this anymore! *flips a table*

*flips every table*

Maybe if you go watch Spongebob or something and then come back, Pokemon will seem better. ;)

Dax

Legend

*flips every table*

[img139]http://i45.*******.com/351iiaa.jpg[/img139]​

I gotta say, Axew is impressing me. The opponent was overwhelming but the little guy is really growing strong. He endured some strong attacks. Iris is raising it well.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
That ep.....made me hope to hell that Ash gets to face Drayden, and not Iris for the final badge. Not saying Axew couldnt become better, or Excadrill doesnt improve under the writers' tutelage, but Draydens Haxorus looks too beast. Ash needs to fight that, and beat that to look worthy!!

Swagmander

Earlier today, an extremely major spoiler was posted in the new character biographies, but now it seems to have been changed (Please do not open if you don't want to be spoiled, as it may be true).
Drayden is Iris's father.
Is this true or not?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That one rival chick was annoying, and not even in a good way. I was looking forward to seeing her, but she wasn't very impressive, at least in terms of her character. Her Beartic on the other hand, was pretty amazing. I liked that Iris's Axew put up a good fight, even if the outcome was predictable. I don't like Axew that much, but at least it's getting serious about battling. Getting some back story to Iris's character was great, but Drayden stole the episode! OMG, he's amazing! If the anime were to only feature him and Oshawott, I'd watch it 24/7! I liked that Excadrill grew closer to Iris, and although I was disappointed that it tied with Beartic, at least it gave us a good battle. So yeah, 8/10.

P.S. I like how at first, everyone was against the idea of Iris being involved with Opelucid City. Now it's been confirmed that she spent some time there, and everyone rushes to the other side :rolleyes:

minredd

Cartoonist
Earlier today, an extremely major spoiler was posted in the new character biographies, but now it seems to have been changed (Please do not open if you don't want to be spoiled, as it may be true).
Drayden is Iris's father.
Is this true or not?

It's not true. They're not related in any way.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I liked it. Wasn't my favorite, but a Pokemon that is both strong and listens to Iris now!?!?!

I like that. Maybe she'll catch another Pokemon to make up for that.

Now all we need, is for Drayden and Oshawoot to be in the same episode as The 4th Kira said, so that way it could be the best episode ever!

Salamandre

Most likely just a coincidence but dreyden has some resemblence to drake the hoenn elite 4. And yes in the 8th gym i totally want to see samurott v.s hexarous, the samarai slaying the nasty dragon:p(i really wonder why it doesn't take fighting or steel traits as it evolves but o well). The tents and flags in the tounement kinda ressembles those recreations of medieval tournements we see so it just fits the mood

Last edited:

Swagmander

XXD17

Draco rex
I really liked beartic's animation where they made it run on all fours like a real polar bear...I don't think they ever did that for ursaring...and excadrill is boss as always...now we (or maybe just me) wait for deino...

uber gon

Accept Change
So would Excadrill be the first pokemon to be disobedient because of its flaws and not because of its trainers?

Chimchar15

I think some of you guys need to get out more because I've definitely met characters with Langley's personalities before. I don't think the writers were trying to hard to make her *****y at all, some people are just like that even in real life. We need characters like this every once in a while,it can't be "Oh I'm an antagonist but not all that bad" all the time. The writers did their job making Langley hated builds up hype. Anyways great episode overall.

Salamandre

^
Thats what we have ghetsis for:D a power hungry man thats willing to manipulate everything. His son on the other hand really is too fictional. That said I do hope he appears in the anime perhaps even as someone from dreydens village(hydriegon is his best pokemon in the games). Hell maybe have a episode where in flashback drayden tries to stop ghetsis but gets his arse kicked

pkGamerB

I'll shred ya.
Got confused at one point. I thought when Iris and Excadrill were training it was a flashback...then Ash and Cilan came in lol.
Don't worry, so did I. xD

Anyway, I loved this episode. I really like Iris as a character, so it's always great to see her get some development, especially this deep. Kid Iris was so cute, especially when she kept getting knocked out by Drillbur. xD I really like her Excadrill a lot more too, now that we know why it was disobedient in the first place. I personally think this backstory was a refreshing change from the standard "strong Pokemon doesn't respect weak trainer, trainer saves Pokemon from danger, Pokemon listens now" plot for previous disobedient Pokemon (see: Primeape, Charizard, and Mamoswine). The battles in this ep were really good, especially the 2nd Iris vs Langley battle (Drill Run's animation looked amazing). Here's hoping Excadrill makes more appearances now, and that Iris starts to get more real battles in. I'm also hoping Langley makes more appearances as a recurring rival for Iris as the series goes on. Her personality made her really easy to dislike, but she was no a slouch in battle, which makes for a great anti-hero/antagonist, imo.

Just a side note, I think it's kinda cool to see that Iris is actually somewhat justified in criticizing Ash's battle skills, considering she's been a trainer for at least a couple of years longer than Ash, even by the anime's timeline (and was actually a pretty good one at that). Before, people were complaining because they were expecting her to be a new trainer, but this makes a little more sense now.

Last edited:

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
i understand i am playing into it, that they make these characters extremely annoying for a reason, and yes, i have known real people in my life who act this way. i said i hate these characters being in pokemon, i don't think i said SHE was "poor writing" though. if i did well, it's 5:40 AM XD i will explain what i do think is poor writing, however.

okay, here is my real problem, and i mentioned it multiple times as well. the lack of response. why do they all just stand there like idiots letting this girl act reprehensible? it almost gives the message "it's okay to act like this, nobody will stop you", and this happens all the time in pokemon. characters entire personalities will change based on if the plot calls for nasty behaviour to be okay, or not okay. when it should ALWAYS be not okay.

dento threw a fit over a single leaf falling into his stew. but he just stands there doing nothing when this girl eats the entire breakfast he made?

ash almost always loses it over food. hell, the entire shaymin/ash relationship started because she ate their pancakes. ash will have a reaction to a tiny cute pokemon that looks half dead eating pancakes, but not to this girl, who's already expressly stated her trainer's goal is to seek out dragon trainers from ryuu no sato and destroy them?

so i suppose i do think there is poor writing going on somewhat, but it's nothing that we don't see all the time... main character's entire personalities changing if necessary for an episode's one-time plot... meh!!

let me say something else that bothered me. WHY WHY did iris send out her low-level little kibago against that gigantic bear?? that baby could barely defeat a level one, newly hatched zuruggu and she sends it out against the bear. i know it finally mastered its move but that doesn't automatically mean it can defeat high-leveled opponents...who are ice-type... poor poor little baby.

for the record. i did NOT hate this episode. but i was extremely frustrated with how some characters acted so weirdly.
Langley wanted to fight dragon types

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Gotta say, the writers are doing their job in making Langley a hated character as I found her obnoxious after the first 43 seconds of the episode. I mean she goaded Iris into battle and then later ate a breakfast that she knew wasn't for her, just because. Shame really because as far as character designs go, I like it, though is is just me or does it look like she got her boots right out of Dawn's closet?

But other than her, I like the development that iris and Excadrill got in the episode and it shedding light on their relationship and why he acted the way he did. Nice to see him even learn Focus Blast which'll definitely help Iris if she battles Langley again in the future. And maybe now that Excadrill has made up with Iris, we'll be able to see him out more with the other pokemon and see how he interacts with them.