• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Professor Poke

lol, Drayden is all beard. And that old woman who gave Iris Axew looked evil.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
LOL at Iris getting beat up and dragged away over and over. Finally Excadrill is listening to her and we can all be happy.

n3f

I would like to see Iris battle Drayden when they reach the 8th gym. It seemed like he gave the old lady a nod when he was finished fighting Iris. It would be cool if her axew evolved like the 5th gym and during a battle with his drudignon it evolves to haxorus and they both knock each other out. Then comes excadrill vs haxorus and he ends up coming out on top by a hair maybe knocking haxorus out then fainting right after the match. Does anyone else think him nodding to the old lady and her giving iris the axew is forshadowing toward her possibly becoming the new gym leader like Isaid?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Damn this show is awesome :)

This show keeps getting better. A rival that's not so jerkish but at the same time a real *****. Better Pokemon characterization. And more character complexity.

Kibago lasted pretty long against Tsunbear nice job, but there's no way he could beat a Pokemon when he just started beating Zuruggu. Icicle Drop is kinda like Dragon Meteor Down Pour, I wonder if Kibago could learn Dragon Meteor Down Pour to counter it. But, yeah can't believe Rangurei just goes around looking for Dragon trainers and Masters to beat up. Rangurei's right, Iris does need another Dragon Type Pokemon.

Can't believe Rangurei is Mijumaru's voice. Love the way she said, "Tsunbear" and her attitude and the things she said, though she was acting kinda rude like Shuuti using "Kimi".

I loved the story. I love the way Iris met Doryuuzu when he was a Mogurewu and he was a trouble makers. After trying and trying again she finally got Mogurewu and beat him in a battle and the two started training together to get stronger. That jumping around and kicking to beat Mongurewu was amazing. The way that little thing could take down such strong Pokemon. The way he held her and she held him and how much they love each other. Doryuuzu was really devastated over that loss, I mean damn white eyes like he was really dying and hurt on the inside.

I'm surprised Doryuuzu was so little, I thought that thing would be huge but, it's little compared to Iris. From what Iris and Dento were saying, Doryuuzu knew from that first attack that he could not win that battle, but Iris kept pushing him and pushing him to fight a battle that he knew he couldn't win.

The apology was so heart felt. Judging from the flash backs before Iris met Satoshi and Dento Iris tried and tried and tried to show she wanted to still be his friend. To play with him and train, offer him apples, and all types of stuff, but he just didn't want to interact with her.

I can't believe he went to all that just to learn Militancy Blast just to please her makes sense since he loves her and he needed her just to master it. He really isn't like Mamoo or Lizardon at all. I hated Lizardon and Mamoo for being smug *** holes who think there above there trainers, but I'm glad Doryuuzu's reason was a good reason. Hell they stayed up all night training together just like the old days just to beat Rangurei's Tsunbear.

I would have preferred Rangurei be picking her teeth with a toothpick not wiping her face with a handkerchief it would have made her look waaaaaaay more badass, since I think she looks like a biker chick. She really stayed cool in battle even though Tsunbear kept getting attacked. Iris screaming Doryuuzu's name really gave him the energy to continue even though he was down for the count. I really thought Tsunbear had won for a second there. Not sure if I mentioned this but, I love the Liberty Garden music that played after the battle, this being a draw opens up the door for the ドラゴンバスター to appear again. The smug way she returned Tsunbear to it's ball and sticking it to Dento's cooking lol. That hugging at the end to showed there renewed friendship and that they love each other was awesome.

Please let Rangurei appear again. She's tooooooooooooooooooooooooo good a chance to pass up! She's not a absolute ***** like Urara and Harley, but she has more to her character and has better things to do. Other then make her rival look bad the way Urara and Harley did pretty much all the time. She wants to get stronger, she's a serious girl rival. None of that girly ******** that Bel, Cabernet, and Urara pulled all the time. She's trying to beat strong trainers and she left with a tie, I don't even think she was trying too hard I mean Tsunbear sent Doryuuzu flying. She needs to come and show up again with more Pokemon maybe the evolved forms of Banipuuchi? Or maybe Tsunbear's pre-evolved form? Heck, it can be a none-ice type with Ice moves. Rangurei is just a gift wrapped up in a red bow.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
It wasn't necessarily the attack Iris kept commanding against Haxorus.. If I'm right, she ordered four different attacks: Metal Claw, Slash (or Fury Swipes), Dig and Drill Run..

It was Excadrill that thought that Iris had put him up against an opponent he couldn't possibly hope to win against, and that Iris did so because she thought that Excadrill was capable of doing so. Of course it lost, and got upset at Iris for not listening to him when it said to her that he couldn't beat Haxorus, right before Iris ordered Dig/Drill Run, and at the same time ashamed that it lost and betrayed Iris' trust in it..

Yeah that's probably it.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Can someone just verify a couple of things for me?

If Iris, when she had Drilbur, looked about, if she is 10 now, only 7 or 8 back then? With a Pokemon, would she have been eligible to do the gym and league challenges? If so, why dont loads of trainers befriend Pokemon at young ages and go out into the wild?

Professor Poke

If Iris, when she had Drilbur, looked about, if she is 10 now, only 7 or 8 back then? With a Pokemon, would she have been eligible to do the gym and league challenges? If so, why dont loads of trainers befriend Pokemon at young ages and go out into the wild?

Most trainers have parents, even if it's just their mom. Iris is pretty much an orphan and can do whatever the hell she wants.

shac

Because the writers wanted it so....

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Most trainers have parents, even if it's just their mom. Iris is pretty much an orphan and can do whatever the hell she wants.

Orphan? Really? Cheers man, didnt even know she was an orphan, thanks.

Because the writers wanted it so....

Eesh, Im not saying it as if its real life, just suggesting that this idea could have been brought into force so much earlier in the show, supposing Pokemon fill the whole Pokemon world in the animé.

Remmie

Orphan? Really? Cheers man, didnt even know she was an orphan, thanks.

They didn't show her parents yet, why does people thinks she is an orphan? Just because they didn't appear doesn't mean that she doesn't have any parents. Can we be a little bit more logical please?

Professor Poke

They didn't show her parents yet, why does people thinks she is an orphan? Just because they didn't appear doesn't mean that she doesn't have any parents. Can we be a little bit more logical please?

She obviously doesn't have any. The elder didn't consult them when she gave Iris an axew. They weren't there either when she won their local tournament. I would imagine meeting the dragon master is a pretty important thing.

Any self respecting parent would also have done something if their daughter came home covered with bruises every single day.

Heck she is the only dark skinned person in her hometown iirc. White/asian people don't randomly pop out black kids. Anime or not.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Just watched the episode without subs. It would've been great to know what they were saying :p. Anyways, I loved how we got to learn more about Iris and her past. And FINALLY, Doryuzu listens to her :3.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Definitely one of the best BW episodes. I wasn't really feeling Iris as a character before this, but with the development she received, she became a lot more interesting. If Langley appears again as a recurring rival for her, it will give her a nice, solid role as a secondary protagonist.

I think Langley VS. Iris 2 might be the best battle in BW thus far. It wasn't long and it wasn't elaborate, but it was extremely action-packed and fast-paced, making it very, very exciting to watch.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Can't believe Rangurei is Mijumaru's voice. Love the way she said, "Tsunbear" and her attitude and the things she said, though she was acting kinda rude like Shuuti using "Kimi".

Really? I always thought Mijumaru was done by Ikue (Pikachu), since they sound alike to me.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
This was a great episode. Iris was serious with her training, that's why.
Excadrill can use Aura Sphere?!?! Or what is that?

Grey Wind

I'm gald that Excadrill is listening, but I wish that it wasn't overnight. And the flashbacks were cool, especially seeing Drayden and Haxorus.

Squirtle_007

Really, the writers are doing a magnificent job with Ash´s compannions now that there isn´t a sidequest, knowing Iris and Cilan is loving them:

- Looks like this season is the "Girl Power" season, Ash with Bianca, Cilan with Cabernet (hopefully) and Iris with Langley, I hope this girl keeps appearing, everybody needs a "Harley" rival
- So, for Iris, everyone is "such a child", even a girl that looks more "developed" than her
- Even losing, Axew´s battle was pretty good, he acted very brave and attacked even when his oponent was an Ice-type Pokémon, I think the next step in his training is resistence
- Iris should caught that Deerling, I want Deerling in the main cast, anyway, when we got to see a Deerling that is not Spring Pink?, almost a year, and is still spring
- So, Drillbur was Iris´s first Pokémon huh?, that´s new and unexpected but ... I kinda expected that Iris caught him all by herself
- Haxorus vs. Excadrill was huge, and Drayden looking at the old lady that gave Axew to Iris seems like a bright future to her
- And Cilan used his Connosieur abilities ... at last
- And Excadrill wasn´t an idiot, just being ashamed to let Iris down AND felt pressured by her, wow, Pokémon sure has deeper personalities than main characters sometimes
- Wow, Langley sure can eat, and eat fast, a breakfast for three in a couple of minutes, she had to throw a burp of satisfaction after that feast
- Excadrill vs. Beartic 2 has to be one of the best matches in this series, is good to see two punches collide and not making an explosion and the double KO makes room to another Langley episode ... or that´s what I hope so