• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Too bad Georgia is extremely one dimensional and unlikeable here.

Characters with no depth.

Oh leave her alone already! Some people with high pride like Iris may need a character like her to snap her into her own reality. I'm wondering that if this didn't happened, that Excadrill will be still disobedient and she would probably had a problem with it in the Don battle. This episode was not just for Iris but for Excadrill too. Some Pokemon needs a bad kick in the butt to wake them up.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Too bad Georgia is extremely one dimensional and unlikeable here.

Characters with no depth.

What your kidding right?
She's got the same amount of seriousness as Paul had but she is a strong and willing rival.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Fock. Yes. Georgia.
That has got to be my favorite dub name ever, and doncha think that she sounds a lot like Asuka Langley Souryuu from Evangelion?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Fock. Yes. Georgia.
That has got to be my favorite dub name ever, and doncha think that she sounds a lot like Asuka Langley Souryuu from Evangelion?
She sounds more langleyish to me really.
Drayden sounds pretty nice in the dub...I would think he'd be kind of concieted but he wasn't...

Drayden sounds a little off to me but that's just my opinion.

Janovy

Banned

gliscor&yanmega

Georgia is a fine dub name, although I liked Langley better. I wasn't really crazy about her dub voice. But even so, I like Georgia and I'll eventually get used to her voice and name.

I don't really like the sound of sad Iris in the dub, doesn't really sound like a sad moment, kind of wanted to laugh when she was crying...maybe I'm just cold hearted.

I do like the sound of happy Excadrill though, then again I like the sound of it all the time, I love it's dub voice.

Drayden sounded pretty nice too, wasn't really expecting it but I still liked it.

Haxorus's dub voice I like as well. Beartic was cool too.

Overall I enjoyed this episode as much as the Japanese version.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
It would be an interesting twist if it started disobeying again later down the road.

No señor, that would be a crappy writing schtick.

Iris actually suffered a disobedient pokemon for much longer than we saw on screen.

A decent amount of time went by between when she lost the dragon village festival, where he began to ignore her existence, to when she joined up with Ash.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
one thing I don't get when did iris capture excadrill in a pokeball because kids can only get pokeballs when they turn 10 and when iris meet drillbur she was about 7-8

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
This episode was indeed one of the best so far in Black and White...It also reveals that Iris is not a beginning trainer but she has been battling for quite a time... Drayden was awesome. It will be thrilling to see Ash battle with Drayden in the future

Battra

Certainly a better episode than we've gotten from the previous ones, especially with the character development between Iris & Excadrill, & the flashback's really help show off the Iris was a wild child from the start. Seeing Beartic an all fours was very nice it's good to see Pokemon acting like they're real world counter parts more it helps bring more personality to them.

pokefandt

Georgia's dub name is actually really clever when you think on it.

She may be named after Saint George, who in mythology slayed a dragon.

If that's true the dub writers went up a notch in my book.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
one thing I don't get when did iris capture excadrill in a pokeball because kids can only get pokeballs when they turn 10 and when iris meet drillbur she was about 7-8

It is quite possible that Iris brought her new friend drilbur into the village and after that one of the older members of the village gave her a pokeball so she was able to catch it.