• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, this episode was kind of weird because Excadrill was completely out of character, and partly because this was basically a copy of "Charizard Chills" and "Trials and Adulations," where a main character bonds with a disobedient Pokemon...

Alloutℯ

Banned
I was really trying hard to make sense of what Excadrill's problem was, but the reason offered here didn't convince me to be honest. When had Iris ever misinterpreted Excadrill's feelings?

I was wondering the same thing. If anything it came off as Excadrill being sore about losing, and not letting it go. We saw Iris put effort into making Excadrill cheer up and train. I don't see how she did anything wrong here.

Shayuin

Banned
Not too thrilled about Langley being called Georgia, but her voice is funny and she is too. Iris vs. Drilbur was kinda cute, when she was getting pulled away from the battle my her hair.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was wondering the same thing. If anything it came off as Excadrill being sore about losing, and not letting it go. We saw Iris put effort into making Excadrill cheer up and train. I don't see how she did anything wrong here.

Doryuzu's issues with Iris didn't exactly make sense to me, either. In fact, the whole disobedience thing seemed contrived, almost like an attempt to mimic Lizardon's behavior from OS.

It was nice to learn why Iris's Excadrill is so disobedient and see it learn Focus Blast. I have a super hard time believing that Iris won 99 battles in a row considering how sub-par her battling skills have been shown to be so far. Georgia was a fun character, and I was surprised that their rematch ended in a draw.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I have a super hard time believing that Iris won 99 battles in a row considering how sub-par her battling skills have been shown to be so far.

Well judging from her opponents in the flashbacks, she was facing average trainers, so her victory record might've been inflated by easy wins.

Sonnas

You know something I wonder after watching this episode....does anyone like Georgia? Because she's just a completely unlikable with her being sore loser and her eating the others breakfast. Does she get better later or is till like this?

MockingJ

Banned
You know something I wonder after watching this episode....does anyone like Georgia? Because she's just a completely unlikable with her being sore loser and her eating the others breakfast. Does she get better later or is till like this?

She's the most boring of the Unova rivals because she hardly changes and ends up staying as a sore loser as far as I can remember. She's worse than Burgundy because at least Burgundy's bitterness was kind of funny on occasion.

Sonnas

She's the most boring of the Unova rivals because she hardly changes and ends up staying as a sore loser as far as I can remember. She's worse than Burgundy because at least Burgundy's bitterness was kind of funny on occasion.
It doesn't help that she barely shows up besides the Club Tournaments and Junior Cup. And after that we never see her again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

She's supposed to be unlikable because she's Iris's default rival in the Best Wishes saga, although this episode sort of exaggerated her personality and made her seem like a villain when she's just a typical Harley-like rival.

Amazing and emotional episode! DRILLBUR IS SO CUTE!
Excadrill and Beartic are badasses!
Love seeing Cilan talk to Iris.
I wonder if Iris is scared of Fairy types.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Decent episode. Georgia was annoying here, especially when she ate the group's breakfast. I liked seeing Iris never give up even after losing to Drilbur many times. Her bonding with Excadrill was heartwarming, and I was glad to see him finally become obedient again, even if he didn't actually beat Beartic in the rematch.
7/10

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Great episode for Iris and Excadrill's development. Georgia is decent"

Episode: 8/10

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Loved this episode. Georgia is by far the funniest rival. It was nice having Excadrill and Iris finally confront their feelings and getting to understand each other’s. Even going as far as to say he’d never have to battle again as long as she got her best friend again. This episode was sweet. And again Georgia made it all the more better