• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and Serena have shown the most growth out of all his companions.

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
I can't believe people are upset at facts.
But honestly as better as the Sinnoh Contests were compared to Hoenn contests i like how they judged Hoenn Contests by numbers
like 95, 85 you know

togepikindness

But honestly altho May's contests were just her winning and winning and winning (boooring) she truly shows the most growth

togepikindness

togepikindness

I really did not like how the contests in AG were only about strength and power instead of the beauty and grace of showcasing off your pokemon. That’s the true point of contests. Brute and strength power is for normal battles. That’s why May lost against Solidad, and if May continues battling like that in contests she will never be a top coordinator. May was hardly shown training. Its really upsetting that AG lacked this aspect. We hardly saw May training for her contests. If May needed to train and learn a new strategy, she did it off-screen. Hell, her contests were sometimes off-screen as Ash went off to train and the show focused on him. I also don’t think any of May’s Pokémon ever got a spotlight episode outside the eps she capture them. For Combusken her main starter even after it evolved I don’t recall May and it ever bonding at all outside a Contest. The rest of her Pokémon were treated similarly. May also did not enter any competitions except that one poke ringer thing and of course in the fillers she was just in the sidelines.
Puh-leeze. It's like you've never watched Pokemon Advanced Generation before. You right about that the contests in AG was like that but honestly you think that's facts about may?

Syedsan

But since her growth isn't goal-based people wouldn't care lol
I liked Lillie's growth up to the aether arc but sadly the backhalf of SM doesn't do to much with her. She gets the Z crystal but it's the same thing all the other SM characters do. Even the Mohn stuff is more about their family than Lillie herself getting any growth out of it.

Puh-leeze. It's like you've never watched Pokemon Advanced Generation before. You right about that the contests in AG was like that but honestly you think that's facts about may?
People have literally posted episodes that focus on May training or eps that focus on her character or Pokemon outside of Contests and she pretends it never happened. You can tell by her posts she doesn't actually know what happened in the series besides what she reads online. And none of May's final contest battles were off-screen as the Ash training didn't cut away from the fights themselves.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I liked Lillie's growth up to the aether arc but sadly the backhalf of SM doesn't do to much with her. She gets the Z crystal but it's the same thing all the other SM characters do. Even the Mohn stuff is more about their family than Lillie herself getting any growth out of it.
Getting the Z crystal, learning about Mohn and getting Magearna and setting out for her journey were all amazing character growth episodes as well that advanced her and ended her on a high note. Yes between the aether arc and Mohn she didn't have much story wise because they wanted to focus on her having developed from her PTSD, letting her shine more in fillers and interacting with Pokemon before bringing in the Mohn plot thread
Also sidenote, how many ****ing emails do you have Scott?

togepikindness

Yes, its facts about May. I hate to break it to you, but it is what is. I don't make the rules.
Honestly, that is not FACTS about May. But I don't want to argue with you, idc if people are misguided

Bendicion

Water Master
Since 2004. Wish I was that consistent with doing homework.
Sorry for the debates, but I'm not allowing Cybercubed, that May stan, to get away with slandering Misty in every thread. He/She is clearly bitter how May was treated in Hoenn that he/she tries to project it onto Misty. Yes some things are true, but exaggerating how Misty did absolutely nothing for the entire span of Johto is trolling.

Bendicion

Water Master
I thought May's growth was decent at the time, until Dawn came along. May felt like a prototype character for Dawn who was better written imo.
Dawn was definitely the better-written character, which makes sense considering May was kind of like a test run. Her contests were also more well-written - and I really enjoyed them from an entertainment perspective, I also liked that Dawn didn't always make it through the appeals round. It was refreshing and more realistic than May constantly getting in. (Deus ex machina)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I feel like Lillie had a neat distinctive arc, the only downsides were the cheap way they solved her backstory and the fact that afterwards they just kind of stopped doing much with her, being more just a cute supporting character (though granted she was at least fun in that regard, not slipping into the background as much as some of the other Pokegirls did when they weren't the focus).
Distinct in the sense that she didn't have an active goal involving Pokemon perhaps, but I was never particularly impressed with her development. I suppose it was accurate to how she was portrayed in the games, but in this instance I think the writers should've taken a lot more creative liberty with her character and done something different. Also, I still think she should've caught a second Pokemon in SM instead of just inheriting Magearna.

togepikindness

Imagine creating thousands upon thousands of accounts just to prove that May is the most liked.
Excuse me? You're the one trolling about how awesome Misty is and giving non-reasonable facts other characters (in this case, May) you should look at yourself