• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

PokeMaster366

Just saw the episode, and I'm starting to feel bad for Cilan. He's starting to feel more like a background character that only acts as flamboyant as he does because he wants/needs the attention.

Anyway, it was a great episode by normal standards, and I'm hoping that we get to see that Hydreigon from the beginning terrorize the group in the future. Just imagine how things would go if Dragonite recognized that Hydreigon and they butted heads again.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Just saw the episode, and I'm starting to feel bad for Cilan. He's starting to feel more like a background character that only acts as flamboyant as he does because he wants/needs the attention.

He clearly wasn't a background character last episode. Sometimes they don't center around every character within one episode. This was mostly about Iris and Dragonite so really everyone else was pretty much "background" not just Dento. Though they didn't have to kick him out at the vent

gohan5

Irisboy
He clearly wasn't a background character last episode. Sometimes they don't center around every character within one episode. This was mostly about Iris and Dragonite so really everyone else was pretty much "background" not just Dento. Though they didn't have to kick him out at the vent

Well he ultimately served a purpose in the end, when Iris asked Ash to find evidence to help Dragonite. Ash, Dawn and Dento went and found the video stuff so he wasn't completely out of the thing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just watched the subbed version of this episode and it was interesting imo. I liked the part where Ash and Dawn team up against the Dragonite with Piplup and Oshawott in that mini battle. I loved all the parts with Dawn XD. I give this episode a 7/10 overall.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Yeah, pretty bland same old stuff, but at least Iris is actually worth something now.

Janovy

Banned
I like how Ash was confident in Iris's skills. When Jenny offered him a Poké Ball to catch the Dragonite if he doesn't calm down, Ash refused it claiming that Iris will definitely be able to calm him down.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I enjoyed this episode and all the actions that went on, it's defiantly above-average. Defiantly a good episode for sure.

-Hikari, when the episode started off I liked that moment of seeing her fiddling around with her hair like that. I also liked how they played "By Your Side~Hikari's Theme" during that moment. The only thing that was missing was a Bubblebeam hair-doing by Pochama. Shame that didn't get retained in BW2. Got a slight smirk from her words to Kairyu, takes a lot of balls to stand up to a raging Dragon Hikari. Glad she was around because Iris would have been toast without the help of her and Satoshi's dual Water-types. That ending scene with Hikari screaming about how a Dragon Master should talk, awesome.

-Sanzandora, I liked how the episode began with Sanzandora and Kairyuu fighting against each other. Really got a kick out of the triple Hyper Beam. The fact the writers debuted a piece of Team Plasma music during that scene with Sanzandora and the fact Ghetsis owns a Sanzandora makes me think that Dragon Pokemon belongs to Team Plasma. Though it might be wishful thinking. Either way, I'm sure Kairyu has unfinished business with Sanzandora, they wouldn't just give it such a short premiere for nothing. At least I hope not.

-Meleotta. I actually liked her, her singing just makes things feel so mellow and calm. I imagine that Meleotta's singing is partially like what it feels like to be high(on life?). Either way I liked her singing once again, when trying to soothe Kairyu. I wish we had saw its Step Forme more though, a dancing Meleotta calming Kairyu with a dance would have been nice or Meleotta just kicking its butt with In-Fight.

-Mijumaru and Pochama. I like Mijumaru's Hydro Pump animation still and his hotachi throwing scene. With Meleotta, Kibago, Pikachu, Mijumaru, Pochama, Koil, and Kairyu around that's way too many out-of-the-ball Pokemon at once for my taste. It just felt like too much.

-Iris, girl was outstanding for many parts in this episode. The thing I liked most about her in this episode was her blind faith in Kairyu and in Dragon-types in general. Alongside Satoshi and Hikari, trying to help a temperamental Kairyu like that was pretty endearing. I liked the relation made by Satoshi about Dragon Masters, Coordinators, and Trainers being one in the same. I especially liked the scene where she's in front of Junsa and tells for the Pokemon to attack her and not only defends Kairyu but Dragon-types' honor and how they're truly good Pokemon. You really get a sense of urgency and heartfelt care during the scene and that's probably what gave it so much emotion, intensity, and depth. It really does hurt and is hard to deal with being blamed for something you didn't do, since Kairyu was the indirect destroyer of the transformer. She finally got herself a second Dragon-type and I thought it was enjoyable hearing her say, "I caught a Kairyu, by the dedication of Dragons!" Either way I'm glad to know that Iris was brought one step closer to her goal. She caught herself a fairy tale like Dragon Pokemon, flies, breathes fire, angry, etc. I look forward to seeing the heart connection of the those two in the future.

-Kairyu was easily the gem of this episode. So much personality and moments that made me care for it a lot. It's so weird to not see a Kairyu with that derpy Sugimori Art face that they usually have. I thought it was really adorable how it protected the Mamepato like that and taking a blast straight to the backside, that Kairyu's a big, rough, softy. I thought closing itself off to a room in the power plant after wrecking one of the transformers by accident was somewhat weird a choice. I thought it was pretty nice how Kairyu is pretty sucky at showing more submissive or happy emotions so simply let out a loud roar to let Iris know it wanted to be apart of her team. "Throw a Monster Ball already, girl!" XD Though catching a fully-evolved Pokemon right off the bat doesn't leave the taste of award-winning writing, I'm optimistic. The conflicted scene about whether to leave or not was nice too. You really get a the feeling the gruff Pokemon is warming up to Iris. Yeah even though it is a fully-evolved Pokemon, I have no doubt in my mind Iris earned Kairyu. She built a rapport with it and truly supported it when it had that nasty injury even and was in a load of turmoil. So, I hope Iris catches two more Dragon-type Pokemon in the future to fill out the rest of her team, Monozu or Trapinch please. Heck, even Fukamaru.

-Nice ending churchy music at the scene where they bid a farewell to each other.

-Yep, around six or seven weeks and I'm already sick of Team Rocket's Live Caster. I wish they would at least change up the gag or something each time. In other news the new TR project looks somewhat interesting, hopefully it's good when it finally debuts. I still think they could use a new Pokemon or two or at least have Musashi's bat evolve.

vodor

Banned
I'm keep wondering what the White beam Attack that Hydreigon was using!
Was it -
1) Dragon breath
2) Dragon Pulse
3) Twister
Please let it be Dragon Pulse!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yeah, pretty bland same old stuff, but at least Iris is actually worth something now.

Who's to say that she wasn't worth anything? It's not rather if she's worthy or not, it's that if they keep putting her in the background to do nothing but whine and bark, then it will get annoying after a while.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Who's to say that she wasn't worth anything? It's not rather if she's worthy or not, it's that if they keep putting her in the background to do nothing but whine and bark, then it will get annoying after a while.

She did nothing substantial for her Dragon Master goal until this episode, that's what I meant.

Janovy

Banned
She did nothing substantial for her Dragon Master goal until this episode, that's what I meant.
Except that's wrong since she taught Emmy the ways of dragon types and did her best to help Deino come out of its shell. And not to mention Axew mastering Dragon Rage and learning new moves, all of those are substantial for her goal.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Except that's wrong since she taught Emmy the ways of dragon types and did her best to help Deino come out of its shell. And not to mention Axew mastering Dragon Rage and learning new moves, all of those are substantial for her goal.

Emmy and Dragon Rage were very early. Deino was very minor.
She never trained with Axew to learn those moves Outrage and Giga Impact were pulled out of his butt.

Janovy

Banned
Emmy and Dragon Rage were very early. Deino was very minor.
She never trained with Axew to learn those moves Outrage and Giga Impact were pulled out of his butt.
She still battled with Axew a lot going as far to challenge Cynthia.

All of those are substantial, you can't tell me otherwise.

Janovy

Banned
What was the last time Axew battled on-screen before the whole Cynthia scenario.
I guess in the Kami Trio two-parter, though I'm not sure if that really counts.

Look, the point here isn't the BS-ery of Giga Impact or anything, it's that Iris did do SOMETHING.

PokeMaster366

I guess in the Kami Trio two-parter, though I'm not sure if that really counts.

Look, the point here isn't the BS-ery of Giga Impact or anything, it's that Iris did do SOMETHING.

I think Taidow is more upset because Dragonite, before being around for even five episodes, is going to get more serious, on-screen battles (and wins) than Axew, who has been with Iris since the beginning of the BW saga. Not counting fights against TR, Scraggy, and wild Pokemon, Axew has only been in two battles like that, and he got curb-stomped in one of them. The other one was that Don Tournament battle against Luke's Golett where he got copped out by a move that we've never seen in action since.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Average episode IMHO

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Iris getting Dragonite and this episode didn't make it things better. Compared to other "bonding episodes that end in capture" it's a bit... lacking. Maybe, it's because I'm bothered with Iris getting such powerful pokemon yet I think the whole situation could have been handled better.

Even the episode where Dawn got Togekiss felt less... lacking. At least, it was a standard pokemon and we can argue it was a situation that kind of "reversed" the whole releases (this time instead of the gang giving away an evolved strong poke, they are receiving it).

Anyway, I like how this episode worked a bit more Iris' goal. It was an element that really need some fleshing out.

joep05

master of disaster
a character with the desire to become a dragon master (or anyone for that matter) getting a dragonite is a thumbs up in my book, my bet is that dragonite probably wont be properly "tamed" until the end of the bw series. i was disappointed in the deino episode when she didnt get deino, i thought that it would've been a great addition to her team and plus the whole progression into hydreigon stuff, with dragonite she just kinda... got a really strong pokemon just like that, i dont really care how she got it provided it wasnt a cheesy insult , im just glad she got it. i feel like she should have a deino and a druddigon. i like excadrill (emolga...mehh), but obviously from a dragon trainers perspective, they have no place on her team.