• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

RickHoenn

Banned
This episode aired today in Cartoon Network, I'm kinda lost with the dub =/

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Finally, Iris gets to own a second Dragon-type after a hundred or so episodes... So, are Wild Hydreigons eeeeevheeeeeeel?

I found the Oshawott Scalchop Rage scene funny, his scalchop just bounced everywhere and it just lands on his hand so casually. Also, Dragonite's "It's not like I like you LIKE you, I just like you" reason to join Iris.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I could really care less about Dawn's Pokemon, especially that ****ing penguin.

I just find Charizard and Dragonite very similar. Both are extremely strong dragons (I know Charizard isn't dragon type, but he is a dragon) that inexperienced trainers suddenly obtained.

What does Piplup have anything to do with Mamoswine? Just because you don't like Piplup has no bearing on Mamoswine.

I'm not a huge fan of the dub because I think they tend to ruin 95% of the episodes with their voices(I'm talking about PUSA here) but this one was decent. This episode is of course special to me since it's really the first one where the writers decide to fully focus on Iris's Dragon master goal, so I was kind of expecting them to ruin it by doing their usual PUSA nonsense with the voice acting, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The original is still miles better though.

Nice to see they kept Dragonite's original voice though so I'll give the dub version a 7/10 on this one.

XXD17

Draco rex
I just find Charizard and Dragonite very similar. Both are extremely strong dragons (I know Charizard isn't dragon type, but he is a dragon) that inexperienced trainers suddenly obtained.

I wouldn't say they were that similar considering how much bonding Ash had with charmander prior to it evolving into a disobedient charmeleon...which I always found odd...dragonite came disobedient...and as a fully evolved powerhouse

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Iris was great in this episode, when standing up for Dragonite against the other police officers and Jenny. I felt as though she was able to bond decently with him for a start. Dragonite is a plain boss; always looking for a battle. Now that's exciting!

Also, Team Rocket mentioned "the boss" in a sense that he's coming back in some sort, when observing their progress with the Abyssal Ruins. Kind of hints out that Giovanni is out there (not to sound like captain obvious) and still connected with TR.

Can't wait for this Junior Cup to finally begin!

Supersonicbro

even though i already saw this episode, i kinda don't agree with iris' whole "no dragon type pokemon are evil" type ideals and being kinda biased because she's a dragon trainer. Even though everyone said what dragonite did, she kept saying nope nope nope dragons are all good. especially when she has so much fear/dislike with ice types despite not having met one (well at least before the ferroseed episode).

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
In the games Dragonite is always portrayed as the nice Dragon but the anime has always done a good job of making him look scary when he's pissed off and this episode is no exception. Well... It's just a matter of time until we start seeing Iris and Dragonite shipping ;)

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I found this episode gripping from the introduction. It was so nice to see Iris take control of the situation (and in effect the episode) and try to convince everyone that the stigma associated with Dragon types is a myth. However, looking at that hydreigon it isn't always the case. It was interesting to see Iris' bond to dragonite, however it took a little bit longer for dragonite to bond to Iris. It was intriguing to see that psychic bond between Iris and Dragonite and I wonder if it is a unique ability for people of the village of dragons. Finally, I'm glad the issue was resolved and Iris has the opportunity to harness Dragonite's power and a rather childish temper.

Anyway, onto the next one!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was quite well. I liked every moment of it, well minus the part with Officer Jenny being oblivious to existence of the conveniently placed security cameras in the woods.

Battra

It's nice to see the writer's actually remembered Iris's goal of becoming a Dragon Master after 88 episodes & finally gave her a non useless Dragon Pokemon since we can't have Axew evolve. Speaking of Axew it looks like the writer's seem to have forgotten that Axew knows Outrage and we could've had episodes focusing on it learning to control Outrage. It's also handy to have a Deus ex Legendary around to help you out when you get stuck writing. Average badly written character episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's nice to see the writer's actually remembered Iris's goal of becoming a Dragon Master after 88 episodes & finally gave her a non useless Dragon Pokemon since we can't have Axew evolve. Speaking of Axew it looks like the writer's seem to have forgotten that Axew knows Outrage and we could've had episodes focusing on it learning to control Outrage. It's also handy to have a Deus ex Legendary around to help you out when you get stuck writing. Average badly written character episode.

You're now just figuring that out?:rolleyes:

Care to explain how it was badly written? Because all I saw was progression and development with a girl's dragon master goal. You should try taking off the unnecessary hate glasses every once in a while and embrace episodes like this that give actual character development with added emotions. We don't get these often btw.

You're now just figuring that out?:rolleyes:

I see you're trolling, Casey. I expect more out of you but I'm starting to see that hate is your middle name.

Nanami

Banned
Geez Jenny is starting to sound an awful lot like Debbie Mae West to me. I enjoyed the episode. Dawn's shout at the end was pretty random XD

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode, it was very nice to see Iris stand up for Dragonite and then later got Dragonite. Now Iris has a strong Dragon-Type Pokémon. Officer Jenny was weird in this episode.

Langley

natural cure ⭐
This episode was quite well. I liked every moment of it, well minus the part with Officer Jenny being oblivious to existence of the conveniently placed security cameras in the woods.

Yeeeeaaah that was kind of weird. It's disappointing considering the BW Jennies have been remarkably competent. :/!

I liked the episode a lot, even though I'd already hyped it up for myself. It was fun and Dragonite has a really different dynamic compared to Excadrill's former disobedience. I was a bit sad that Dragonite was going to be disobedient, but the fact that this one is so different to, say, the one in Mewtwo Strikes Back just makes it stand out as a character and feel interesting. And it's just so adorably grumpy, while remaining potentially dangerous to Iris and her wellbeing. If she becomes really great friends with it or someday releases it disappointed, it would be engaging either way. The episode set it up well. I guess I was a bit sad at the lack of Cilan, but Iris needed the moment to shine as a passionate, emotional character without any criticism.

It was immature and biased of Iris to proclaim that all dragons are good, but the writing realised this. It's good that they're keeping up with Iris' flaws! She has them and it doesn't detract from her being a really wonderful character.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Care to explain how it was badly written? Because all I saw was progression and development with a girl's dragon master goal. You should try taking off the unnecessary hate glasses every once in a while and embrace episodes like this that give actual character development with added emotions. We don't get these often btw.

I see you're trolling, Casey. I expect more out of you but I'm starting to see that hate is your middle name.

No, I just never liked Iris. It has nothing to do with hate. There is a difference. I still never saw the point of her having Dragonite when she has and already strong Excadrill and Emonga. All Axew needs to do is be trained more but sadly, they threw this in my face. No insult to you, but it's a bit strange.