• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I'm starting this thread regarding the possibility of Iris' cameo in the anime XYZ arc. We all know that at some point each girl companion from past generation had rejoined Ash in his travels in the next series. And since it looks for certain that they did not really end up that tradition for Dawn and even made her return more extended than past usual ones, it's safe to assume that Iris will appear in Kalos. But that is debatable.

With high amount of Ash episodes, Serena being totally neglected and does not have proper pokemon for defeating any of Iris dragons (maybe only if Sylveon VS Axew, but that would be pretty pathetic and dissapointing). Or do you guys see Iris just appearing in some kind of special?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I'm starting this thread regarding the possibility of Iris' cameo in the anime XYZ arc. We all know that at some point each girl companion from past generation had rejoined Ash in his travels in the next series. And since it looks for certain that they did not really end up that tradition for Dawn and even made her return more extended than past usual ones, it's safe to assume that Iris will appear in Kalos. But that is debatable.

With high amount of Ash episodes, Serena being totally neglected and does not have proper pokemon for defeating any of Iris dragons (maybe only if Sylveon VS Axew, but that would be pretty pathetic and dissapointing). Or do you guys see Iris just appearing in some kind of special?

It is a bit late for Iris to return at this point. Yes, past female companions have returned in the next region Ash was in but patterns could be broken. If she returns, the writers should leave out that catch phrase and just have her battle Serena. I think Iris would use Dragonite or Gible/Gabite against Sylveon. However Axew may have evolved at some point.

Red and Blue

We still have six months before XY ends so there is some room for 1 or 2 episodes of her.

If not there is always Sun and Moon. Hawaii is technically part of the United States and Unova was based on New York

Sidagam

It is a bit late for Iris to return at this point.

Sooooooooo it's too late for Iris to return for 3-4 episodes but it's not too late for Ash to catch another Pokemon, amirite??

That's some backwards logic. There's plenty of time for a Iris cameo, while there is next to no time for a new capture and development to a point where any audience member actual cares about

As someone who never liked Iris at all, I would love to see her come back and battle Noivern and Goodra, only to lose

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't see her appearing.

Also there is a thread for this already.

Who cares, it's not as if there aren't five threads discussing the league..

Not a massive Iris fan, but I for thought her episodes in BW were at least entertaining and consistent.

How aboit Dedenne vs. Axew?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It would really suck if she doesnt get at least an episode or two to come back, especially after everything dawn got in bw. They could easily have a quick mini plot line that involves her coming to kalos to see drasna or something ad a trial from drayden to become the gym leader.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess she may come back after the Team Flare arc and before the league. If there is some kind of tournament or if she battles Serena for some reason, Iris is destined to lose.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I am very anxious about Iris' return. It's taking quite a long time and with the clock ticking faster due to Sun and Moon, I'm so afraid they would just not make her return at this point.
However, the returning female companion is a very popular occurence so I doubt they would just cut Iris out. Even though most people did not appreciate BW, I'm sure most of them would rather pick a couple of Iris-returning episodes than only have fillers.

That being said, I don't think she is going to return before the Team Flare arc is over with. I speculate her return being either shortly before the League (maybe help out Ash in his training and meet with Drasna) or during the League to watch Ash's matches (and possibly train with him in-between his matches). There's also the possibility of her returning after the League events, as writers don't always know what to do with them: they could always throw Iris in for a good amount of episode to make them more entertaining.

If Iris doesn't return, I am going to be very mad. She's one of my favorite Pokégirls. I'm excited to see how her team is doing and how she's handling the Opelucid Gym Leader thing.

riceant

I don't think they will have Iris come to Kalos.
I think after the league, Ash will go back to Kanto, with or without Serena (Clemont/Bonnie are definitely leaving the cast), and meet up with Iris/Cilan there for one or two episodes (remember at the end of Unova, Cilan and Iris were traveling in Kanto). Would be nice to see Misty and Brock again even for a few minutes as Ash's Kanto friends throw him a celebration party or something (especially if he wins the league).

Speaking of his old friends, a thought crossed my mind. I think Ash is much older than 10 now. He doesn't know it because he stopped counting/forgot his birthday due to being so dense. He only knew his age when he lived with Delia because she would tell him directly. So thus, in his mind, it never crossed him that his age should be increasing, and the narrator could simply be playing along, using the age that Ash believes himself to be. Either way, he's probably around 12-15 but hasn't hit puberty yet. Maybe he's about to, and that's why they are making him more mature.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't think they will have Iris come to Kalos.
I think after the league, Ash will go back to Kanto, with or without Serena (Clemont/Bonnie are definitely leaving the cast), and meet up with Iris/Cilan there for one or two episodes (remember at the end of Unova, Cilan and Iris were traveling in Kanto). Would be nice to see Misty and Brock again even for a few minutes as Ash's Kanto friends throw him a celebration party or something (especially if he wins the league).

Speaking of his old friends, a thought crossed my mind. I think Ash is much older than 10 now. He doesn't know it because he stopped counting/forgot his birthday due to being so dense. He only knew his age when he lived with Delia because she would tell him directly. So thus, in his mind, it never crossed him that his age should be increasing, and the narrator could simply be playing along, using the age that Ash believes himself to be. Either way, he's probably around 12-15 but hasn't hit puberty yet. Maybe he's about to, and that's why they are making him more mature.

He is ten.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Let's see...XY(&Z) will have just under 20 episodes left after Ash gets the last badge, ending in late October or early November with, oh...a little over 140 episodes (though it could be less with all the weeks off for specials and breaks) .
That could be enough time for a 2-3 episode guest stint like with Misty in AG (twice) and May in DP. The trick is for her to come back without it feeling forced and awkward (like Dawn in BW).
Me, I can see her traveling to Kalos wanting to meet and/or challenge Drasna (who should probably get an animated appearance just to be fair), and maybe try fighting Fairy-types.

Sadly, it feels like it's too late :(

- They have to finish up the current saga AND be getting ready for the Sun & Moon era, so they might just not be able to fit her in.
- XY has broken from tradition in several places already, so that could include the former girl companion coming back.
- They might not be eager to bring her back since she's the least(?) popular girl, from the least popular saga.
- They'll probably even go "Hey, we gave her a special episode! That's good enough, right?"

We'll have to wait and see until it's all over, but for now her chances aren't very good at all :(

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I need to do my math again since I'm sure we have a bit more then "under 20" episodes left.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I need to do my math again since I'm sure we have a bit more then "under 20" episodes left.

Depending on breaks and when xy will end before sun and moon starting, there probably is actually 20 or so episodes left right now, maybe a couple more but that's it

Janovy

Banned
I wish it was erased, I still scrath my head how the same guy that directed DP came up with horrible BW saga, something happened behind closed doors I guess, at least he got replaced as he rightfully deserved, ugh...
~
Thank God Iris is not coming back, it seems XY's director decided not to bring her or Cilan back or anything to do with BW, thank you Tetsuo Yajima for XY. :p
Sorry to burst your hatred bubble, but Tomioka is still in charge of the series composition as he was in DP and BW.

Also you're deluding yourself if you think any of these directors share your silly hatred of a fictional 10-year old girl.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Iris coming back would be kinda neat. However, considering how far we are and how many things there are to do until the end of XY, it's becoming more and more unlikely that she will get a cameo. At this point, it would feel more forced than not, and could be handled in a very rushed way.

I'm not against her coming back, despite my sentiments toward her, but I personally believe her chances are quite slim.

Red and Blue

She could return during the League episodes and maybe be a spectator there like in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.