• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
maybe she'll come ( as tradition )
or not and the only time i think she can make her appearance is after the kalos league , maybe to battle ash's noivern or just like that.....exploring

I doubt she'd come back only to battle Ash's Noivern, although perhaps she would just come back to explore Kalos. Still even in this case, she likely wouldn't stay long cuz there's other stuff happening that take priority hee hee. ^^;

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Janovy

Banned
Doesn't her voice actress Aoi Yuuki have a tight schedule?
She does indeed, she has become a very popular VA. Same with Mamoru Miyano (Dento's VA), maybe that could be the reason why they're not making cameos.

Red and Blue

If the voice actress is on a tight schedule then I wouldn't expect a ton of episodes from Iris if she truly does return. Just one or two episodes

Janovy

Banned
truly a masterful comeback... for a 5 year old :p

stay insecure
I find it hilarious that defending XY is super okay because it's the best show ever and no matter how passive-aggressive or downright aggressive a person becomes, it's alright because it's XY. But as soon as people start defending BW people start calling them out on being passive agressive even when they really aren't because BW is **** and anyone who defends it must be a shitty person.

Double standards ftw.

Anyway, Iris isn't coming back. Very unlikely. Unfortunate, because XY could benefit from an entertaining character.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I'm literally screaming @ people not getting over this. IN 2016.

Shows how much of an untouchable god Ash is to most anime fans. And then the anime serves them well with miss "girly girl who doesn't do a thing but fawn over him".

Sucks that the best pokégirl has little to no chances to come back due to the schedule of the league arc/TF. I still have hope for a mini Iris/Drasna arc..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm literally screaming @ people not getting over this. IN 2016.

Shows how much of an untouchable god Ash is to most anime fans. And then the anime serves them well with miss "girly girl who doesn't do a thing but fawn over him".

Sucks that the best pokégirl has little to no chances to come back due to the schedule of the league arc/TF. I still have hope for a mini Iris/Drasna arc..

Whats sucks is that XY got really good ratings, so the next girl probably will be lillie and she will also always fawn over ash and blush around him and have a huge crush but never tell him so we have to have episodes dedicated to ash being oblivious about stuff again.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What really irks me is that people criticize Iris' catchphrase which shouldn't be taken seriously since it hardly got to Ash when most of them are the same ones that criticize BW Ash for being "childish" and stuff.

I mean shouldn't you all be agreeing with what she said?

I guess that is part of it. People were so annoyed that ash got "reset' in BW, so Iris calling him out for it just put even more salt in the wounds. If ash was at DP level or better and she said the same stuff, she would just look kind of stupid. So basically people were just mad that she hammered in the point of ash getting worse in BW,

Soniman

Break the Limit
I find it hilarious that defending XY is super okay because it's the best show ever and no matter how passive-aggressive or downright aggressive a person becomes, it's alright because it's XY. But as soon as people start defending BW people start calling them out on being passive agressive even when they really aren't because BW is **** and anyone who defends it must be a shitty person.

Double standards ftw.
LOL you're right if ceartain over sensitive BW fans have to rely in petty insults they're not at fault whatsoever and are completely justified, it's only the XY fans who act **tty, the BW fans are just poor victims and posts like these really show that.

I don't even hate BW but this attitude is getting tiring

(okay im gonna avoid this topic now lol)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Whats sucks is that XY got really good ratings, so the next girl probably will be lillie and she will also always fawn over ash and blush around him and have a huge crush but never tell him so we have to have episodes dedicated to ash being oblivious about stuff again.
Ratings don't really mean anything now a days, I believe.
What really irks me is that people criticize Iris' catchphrase which shouldn't be taken seriously since it hardly got to Ash when most of them are the same ones that criticize BW Ash for being "childish" and stuff.

I mean shouldn't you all be agreeing with what she said?

I know right? Besides it's clearly obviously that she was just teasing Ash. She teased Cilan too by calling him annoying and stuff and it seemed like no one really cared that much...

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Lol XY ratings are lower than BW. The ratings are falling ever since Johto with only BF and early DP having better ratings than the other parts of the series.

kemal07

Poor Iris, I honestly can't see her returning now. How many episodes are left after the league?

The only way I can see Iris returning is during an episode with Drasna, who appears to be the only Kalos Elite Four member yet to appear in the anime one way or another.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Gradual ratings drop is only normal for a long running series. Hype fades and things get less popular over time. The actual quality of the show probably doesn't matter much.

Status
Not open for further replies.