• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FulgoreX

Banned
Well that's it then, its safe to say Iris really isn't appearing. Really makes me wonder if Serena will get a cameo in Sun/Moon or if she'll be ignored too.

If that's the case then we can assume the writers are just done with old characters and will never have any of them appear. I think Serena has a chance if only due to Amour's popularity.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Maybe Iris will appear in either Serena or Clemont's special like Brock appeared in Cilan's.

Janovy

Banned
Maybe Iris will appear in either Serena or Clemont's special like Brock appeared in Cilan's.
This would be the perfection scenario, which is why it's not going to happen. <_<

Red and Blue

We still have six episodes left after the Flare climax. Its not too late. They could easily dedicate on of those episodes to Iris

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
We still have six episodes left after the Flare climax. Its not too late. They could easily dedicate on of those episodes to Iris

And half of those go to goodbyes. The rest is Alola prep. They'd literally have to shoehorn her into Oak's lab in order to squeeze a reunion in.

Markerz

And half of those go to goodbyes. The rest is Alola prep. They'd literally have to shoehorn her into Oak's lab in order to squeeze a reunion in.

• Last episode of XY&Z
  • Ash is riding a train to the docks for his departure ship
  • Sees Iris across the cabin from him, nods in acknowledgement
  • Iris nods back, scene switches to external view of train approaching dockyard
  • Next scene is Ash on the ship, Iris nowhere to be seen
That would be pretty underwhelming, even if done in the style of the ending for the Dark Knight Rises.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Iris, and Dent got their special episodes, that was enough, I don't want them to be shoehorned into the story like Hikari was last region(at least Haruka made sense).

Red and Blue

They only need to dedicate one episode on Ash's return to Pallet Town before he leaves for Alola which will obviously be the last XYZ episode. We already know one episode out of the six is going to Clemont, so that leaves us with four. Two could be farewell episodes for Serena and Clemont and two for A mini arc involving Iris.

FulgoreX

Banned
They only need to dedicate one episode on Ash's return to Pallet Town before he leaves for Alola which will obviously be the last XYZ episode. We already know one episode out of the six is going to Clemont, so that leaves us with four. Two could be farewell episodes for Serena and Clemont and two for A mini arc involving Iris.

For goodness sakes, they're not going to focus on Iris when they're setting up goodbyes for the XY cast and setting up Sun/Moon. She's obviously not appearing.

Red and Blue

For goodness sakes, they're not going to focus on Iris when they're setting up goodbyes for the XY cast and setting up Sun/Moon. She's obviously not appearing.

All im saying is just wait. We have six weeks remaining don't write her off just yet.

GamerGirlNanami

I am not a fan of her in the anime but I so no reason why her return could not be in S&M. I would not be shocked if they do a few returns around the first season or so which really could work out to be fun and interesting over only bring back the past girl for a bit in the next series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It wouldn't be fair to Iris' fans if she doesn't get a chance to return, plus she has great chemistry with pretty much anyone that's near her. I still say that both her and Dawn's chemistry were the best and I'd love to see how she would interact with Serena, Clemont, or Bonnie

Janovy

Banned
Calling it now.

Iris comes back in the final episode and convinces Ash's mom that he is such a little kid that he needs to go back to school.

And then we skip to Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.