• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Maybe they are taking time to bring her back as champion? So they want legit time to pass before bring her back like at least 4 or so seasons

Ash defeats Champion Iris, then she goes crying? Sure, not why?
Nah, she will become the next Opelucid Gym Leader in the future, Drayden stated.
The writers will make Ash's and his friends' dreams come true at the end of the anime.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I can see Iris visiting the Alola region. Johto doesn't have as many Dragon type Pokémon as much as she expected it to be... and Kibago gets an Alolan Form.

FulgoreX

Banned
I can see Iris visiting the Alola region. Johto doesn't have as many Dragon type Pokémon as much as she expected it to be... and Kibago gets an Alolan Form.

They're not going to have a character from two gens prior show up. 5th gen is now two gens old, Iris advertises nothing for Sun/Moon

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
They're not going to have a character from two gens prior show up. 5th gen is now two gens old, Iris advertises nothing for Sun/Moon

Well Misty & Brock appeared in BW through a flashback. I believe anything's possible as long as the writers find a good way to incorporate said character. Dawn barely advertised for BW Season 2 yet she came and stayed for a 9 episode vacation. I want S&M to have more continuity than XY in terms of showing Ash's past accomplishments and friends.

FulgoreX

Banned
Well Misty & Brock appeared in BW through a flashback.

And that was only showing Charizard's old episodes. Same reason they showed Damian and Liza of the Charicific valley. It wasn't specifically about the human characters. They just happened to be in his episodes

I believe anything's possible as long as the writers find a good way to incorporate said character. Dawn barely advertised for BW Season 2 yet she came and stayed for a 9 episode vacation. I want S&M to have more continuity than XY in terms of showing Ash's past accomplishments and friends.

Dawn came back in the saga after she left, just like Misty/May did.

XY is the saga after Iris left, and she did not appear. Once Sun/Moon starts, it'll be two gens removed from BW. She's a 5th gen character who advertises nothing from a 7th gen anime.

lucipher

I have to say I am so glad she will not be seen again. Out of all the chars in Pokemon she was my least favorite even Tracey was placed Higher on my like list..

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have to say I am so glad she will not be seen again. Out of all the chars in Pokemon she was my least favorite even Tracey was placed Higher on my like list..

Even if u didn't like her she still deserved to be seen again, like the rest of the main girls..

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
even though i highly doubt there will be any cameos, i think cilan has a higher chance of coming back than iris due to his whole sommelier persona and language fits kalos aka pokefrance. i could imagine him being fascinated by lumiose tower and comparing prism tower to some amazing food or taste

sheld999

Every iteration of the anime has had Delia show up usually earlier on. XY did it too.

It's nothing new.

and she could only be there for a small time like in black and white. we saw her visiting unova with oak. maybe this time she on holiday and leaves after a few ep and just dissapear till the next region/ swimsuit contest

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Even though , it's unlikely, after Xerosic( A-G goodbye episode) there are 3 episodes remaining. 1 is Pallet. That means 2 episodes more to go. Maybe Iris returns for those 2 episodes? I mean what will we do for these 2 episodes? I doubt it will be Ash helping CoTD from TR, that would be pointless and stupid.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Even though , it's unlikely, after Xerosic( A-G goodbye episode) there are 3 episodes remaining. 1 is Pallet. That means 2 episodes more to go. Maybe Iris returns for those 2 episodes? I mean what will we do for these 2 episodes? I doubt it will be Ash helping CoTD from TR, that would be pointless and stupid.

It's actually 2 episodes in Pallet, most of the time. But could still be 1. And I don't think they will spent 2 episodes on Ash alone so maybe there will be some characters returning, but it would be weird that Iris will show up in the last seconds. I would rather see her in Alola then here, because it would be absolutely pointless. Or it will be a last goodbye between Ash and Serena? Still nothing confirmed even though it looks like XYZ 145 is her last one.

DannyDiglett

I don't think Iris will appear in one of the remaining XYZ episodes, but I would really like to see an episode of the Sun & Moon series where she catches an Alolan Exeggutor because it's part Dragon-type.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think Iris will appear in one of the remaining XYZ episodes, but I would really like to see an episode of the Sun & Moon series where she catches an Alolan Exeggutor because it's part Dragon-type.

Serena would be returning for an appearance in Sun/Moon, not Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.