• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
In an ideal world I would hope Iris will return as the champion of Unova during the Flare arc and have some special connection with Zygarde. But since it isn't I don't see her returning cause there aren't many episodes left for an arc.
Anime Iris is nowhere near ready to be Champion of a region. Endgame Iris when they finally decide to end Ash's journey and hopefully with a timeskip should be champion though. Would have been nice to see Iris tie in with some plot with Drasna seeing as she's the only member of the Kalos E4 not to appear at all.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Anime Iris is nowhere near ready to be Champion of a region. Endgame Iris when they finally decide to end Ash's journey and hopefully with a timeskip should be champion though. Would have been nice to see Iris tie in with some plot with Drasna seeing as she's the only member of the Kalos E4 not to appear at all.

I think Iris appearing because of Drasna is the only way we could see her at this point. I suppose she would only show up for two episodes max then. Perhaps a quick pre-league dragon tournament for 2-3 episodes to give Noivern more development, and possibly Goodra some use? I guess that means after the next set of battles announced, she would have to come back around then / finish the team flare arc before the league? I think the league will begin in August and finish end of september or early October with the XYZ saga being finished in November.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly, I don't think it's likely. But seeing Ash's dragons vs. Iris' dragons would be a good battle..

Axew vs. Gible
Gabite vs. Noivern
Dragonite vs. Goodra.

Or let there be a Drago"mite", where Dragon-type enthusiasts participate and have Goodra vs. Dragonite be the final. There are now plenty dragon-types in order to pull this off.. From Sawyer participating with Shelgon/Salamence and stuff like Druddigon, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Kingdra, (Mega-)Altaria, Flygon, Dragonair, Zweilous, Mega-Ampharos, Zard-X. There's also Mega Sceptile, bit I'd rather see Sawyer keep that for the league. And general "dragon"-like critters, like Gyarados could also participate. Would be an awesome idea.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Honestly, I don't think it's likely. But seeing Ash's dragons vs. Iris' dragons would be a good battle..

Axew vs. Gible
Gabite vs. Noivern
Dragonite vs. Goodra.

Or let there be a Drago"mite", where Dragon-type enthusiasts participate and have Goodra vs. Dragonite be the final. There are now plenty dragon-types in order to pull this off.. From Sawyer participating with Shelgon/Salamence and stuff like Druddigon, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Kingdra, (Mega-)Altaria, Flygon, Dragonair, Zweilous, Mega-Ampharos, Zard-X. There's also Mega Sceptile, bit I'd rather see Sawyer keep that for the league. And general "dragon"-like critters, like Gyarados could also participate. Would be an awesome idea.

That could br a neat idea. However, Axew deserves to be Iris' first Dragon to evolve, not the recent Gible.

I don't know if we have enough time for a tournament before the League. Maybe Drasna could just host a dragon festival. That festival could be the thing that brings Iris to Kalos.

Locormus

That could br a neat idea. However, Axew deserves to be Iris' first Dragon to evolve, not the recent Gible.

I don't know if we have enough time for a tournament before the League. Maybe Drasna could just host a dragon festival. That festival could be the thing that brings Iris to Kalos.

If we say there's twenty episodes left, then realistically, we could have had a three-part tournament, but when you have the team flare conclusion (also likely at least a two-parter) and the league (minimum of six episodes), then that just seems too close to each other.

XYZ28: Winding Woods
XYZ29: Snowbelle Rematch
XYZ30: Carbink and Goodra
XYZ31: Pancham
XYZ32: Charizard/Team Flare conclusion Pt1/2
1.: Team Flare conclusion Pt2/2
12. First episode of the league (1/6)
13. League (2/6)
14. League (3/6)
15. League (4/6)
16. League (5/6)
17. Last episode of the League (6/6)
18. Wrapping up episode 1.
19. Wrapping up episode 2.
20. Last episode of XYZ.

If you look at it this way, we have ten episodes left of which we can't yet deduce what will happen. If this Drago"mite" is a two-parter, then I'm all for it. It could still fit, but any longer and I think it will stand in the way of the league. That being said, there were 9 episodes between the Junior Cup and the Unova League, which also held a two-part arc with the Therian Formes and the "two-part"-conclusion to Iris' storyline. So while cramped and probably too late, there is time for three episodes in which Iris could return for a small tournament. I mean ten episodes (assuming Team Flare arc ends with a two-parter, starting with XYZ32 and the league is a minimum of 6 episodes) is a whole lot of episodes for nothing to happen, when XYZ has been a high-gear series as of late (with only a few fillers in between here and there).

Cradily17

Considering how much Iris is afraid of Ice-type Pokémon, I wonder how she'd react to seeing a Fairy-type Pokémon for the first time.

Locormus

Considering how much Iris is afraid of Ice-type Pokémon, I wonder how she'd react to seeing a Fairy-type Pokémon for the first time.

Kinda like Goomy, I'd reckon.. Her reaction to Mega Altaria would be hilarious to say the least.. xD

Jangobadass

Surprise!

Why do people keep saying that when we don't have a title or summary yet :confused:

Has everyone COPLETELY forgotten about poor Trevor :confused:

For me it feels just a little too soon to end the Flare arc.
Also, if anything the TF finale will be 3 episodes. Heck, they may even break the record and go for 4 for all we know...

Also, a couple of variables to throw in: more weeks off for specials/breaks besides the movie (especially since we've had more than usual already), and if XY ends a little earlier than usual like BW did (mayhap even earlier?)

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But we don't know if Rayquaza's in Kalos. I really don't want one to show up anyway even if Iris comes with it because we saw enough of Rayquaza last year...

Even if she does come back, Rayquaza might not be her motivation for heading to Kalos any ways. Maybe she would come to Kalos to find a Garchompite for her presumable Garchomp. :3

WaterShuriken

If we say there's twenty episodes left, then realistically, we could have had a three-part tournament, but when you have the team flare conclusion (also likely at least a two-parter) and the league (minimum of six episodes), then that just seems too close to each other.

XYZ28: Winding Woods
XYZ29: Snowbelle Rematch
XYZ30: Carbink and Goodra
XYZ31: Pancham
12. First episode of the league (1/6)
13. League (2/6)
14. League (3/6)
15. League (4/6)
16. League (5/6)
17. Last episode of the League (6/6)
18. Wrapping up episode 1.
19. Wrapping up episode 2.
20. Last episode of XYZ.

If you look at it this way, we have ten episodes left of which we can't yet deduce what will happen. If this Drago"mite" is a two-parter, then I'm all for it. It could still fit, but any longer and I think it will stand in the way of the league. That being said, there were 9 episodes between the Junior Cup and the Unova League, which also held a two-part arc with the Therian Formes and the "two-part"-conclusion to Iris' storyline. So while cramped and probably too late, there is time for three episodes in which Iris could return for a small tournament. I mean ten episodes (assuming Team Flare arc ends with a two-parter, starting with XYZ32 and the league is a minimum of 6 episodes) is a whole lot of episodes for nothing to happen, when XYZ has been a high-gear series as of late (with only a few fillers in between here and there).

Oh yeah I forgot I also did a bit of speculating on this on the first page. I retract my previous statement about a tournament of some kind.

May 12 | Winding Woods
May 19 | Snowbelle Gym
May 26 | Wetlands
-
June 02 | Lumiose City Part 1 / 4 [Serena, Pancham, and Shauna]
June 09 | Lumiose City Part 2 / 4 ****evor, Charizard, and Ash]
June 16 | Lumiose City Part 3 / 4 [Tierno, Mega-Blastoise, and Ash]
June 23 | Lumiose City Part 4 / 4 [Limone, Mega-Blaizken, and Clemont]
June 30 | Team Flare Part 1 / 3 [Alain vs Ash for Squishy]
-
July 07 | Team Flare Part 2 / 3
July 14 | break for Volcanion & Magearna movie
July 21 | Team Flare Part 3 / 3 [Squishy leaves the group]
July 28 | Lumiose City - Alain decides to enter the league, will take place in 3 months. Grace calls Serena, tells her Drasna is hosting an event at Vaniville and wants Serena to perform as the runner-up Kalos Queen. Iris arrives to Kalos at the end of the episode arriving at Sycamore's Lab.
-
Aug 04 | Vaniville Town 1 / 4 - Ash (Noivern) vs Iris (Dragonite). Drasna watches from afar. Then Drasna (Noivern) vs Iris (Gible).
Aug 11 | Vaniville Town 2 / 4 - Dragon Festival begins. Serena performs. Iris learns about Fairy-types. Battle Tournament begins, winner can face Drasna. Montage showing Top 16 and Top 8. (Hawlucha, Talonflame)(Braixen, Pancham)(Bunnelby, Luxray)(Excadrill, Emolga)
Aug 18 | Vaniville Town 3 / 4 - Top 4 Serena (Sylveon) vs Iris (Axew) Axew evolves. Ash (Pikachu) vs Clemont (Chespin). Top 2 Ash (Noivern) vs Serena (Sylveon)
Aug 25 | Vaniville Town 4 / 4 - Ash (Ash-Greninja) vs Drasna (Mega-Altaria). Iris leaves.
-
Sep 01 | Santalune City - On the way to the league, they meet up with Alexa who will write articles on the Kalos League.
Sep 08 | Kalos League 1 / 7 - Opening Ceremonies, Reserves returning. Rival meet ups.
Sep 15 | Kalos League 2 / 7 Top 64
Sep 22 | Kalos League 3 / 7 Top 32 (montage) & Top 16
Sep 29 | Kalos League 4 / 7 Top 8
-
Oct 06 | Kalos League 5 / 7 Semifinals (1/2)
Oct 13 | Kalos League 6 / 7 Semifinals (2/2), Finals (1/2)
Oct 20 | Kalos League 7 / 7 Finals (2/2) and closing
Oct 27 | Lumiose City - Goodbye Kalos. (Clemont, Bonnie, Serena, Sycamore, Alexa)
-
Nov 03 | Pallet Town [Ash]
Nov 10 | [week break between series]
Nov 17 | Sun & Moon [Episodes 1 & 2]
Nov 24 | Sun & Moon Episode 3

Of course this is just my speculation and wishes but I do think there is time for at least 4 episodes, which I believe is what previous girls (minus Dawn) got.

JudySpell

Banned

Assuming she's never seen Fairy types before she would probably think they're cute at 1st until she finds out that they can cream Dragons.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Maybe she would come to Kalos to find a Garchompite for her presumable Garchomp. :3

I don't think that will happen. I meant, we already have Mega Garchomp episode.
She may go to Kalos to meet Drasna; one of Dragon-Type Masters.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Oh yeah I forgot I also did a bit of speculating on this on the first page. I retract my previous statement about a tournament of some kind.

Of course this is just my speculation and wishes but I do think there is time for at least 4 episodes, which I believe is what previous girls (minus Dawn) got.

Cool story, bro. I actually think your ideas are way better than how it'll actually turn out.

Arceus knows there will be an annoying number fillers, many of which will be standard issue. :(

Assuming she's never seen Fairy types before she would probably think they're cute at 1st until she finds out that they can cream Dragons.

Heck, who's to say she be less scared of Fairies than Ice-types?

That actually sounds like an interesting reversal: terrified of Ice-types, defiant of Fairy-types!

Also...what they use her to debut Mega-Dragonite :confused: (though I'd think there are characters just a little more worthy)
<_<
>_>

Last edited:

sheld999

think she comes before start of league and watch ash during the league and stay with them till end of league while she goes off finding the kalos elite four dragon guy and fight him

jrizza88

Meteorite

May 12 | Winding Woods
May 19 | Snowbelle Gym
May 26 | Wetlands
-
-
July 28 | Lumiose City - Alain decides to enter the league, will take place in 3 months. Grace calls Serena, tells her Drasna is hosting an event at Vaniville and wants Serena to perform as the runner-up Kalos Queen. Iris arrives to Kalos at the end of the episode arriving at Sycamore's Lab.
-
Aug 04 | Vaniville Town 1 / 4 - Ash (Noivern) vs Iris (Dragonite). Drasna watches from afar. Then Drasna (Noivern) vs Iris (Gible).
Aug 11 | Vaniville Town 2 / 4 - Dragon Festival begins. Serena performs. Iris learns about Fairy-types. Battle Tournament begins, winner can face Drasna. Montage showing Top 16 and Top 8. (Hawlucha, Talonflame)(Braixen, Pancham)(Bunnelby, Luxray)(Excadrill, Emolga)
Aug 18 | Vaniville Town 3 / 4 - Top 4 Serena (Sylveon) vs Iris (Axew) Axew evolves. Ash (Pikachu) vs Clemont (Chespin). Top 2 Ash (Noivern) vs Serena (Sylveon)
Aug 25 | Vaniville Town 4 / 4 - Ash (Ash-Greninja) vs Drasna (Mega-Altaria). Iris leaves.
-
Sep 01 | Santalune City - On the way to the league, they meet up with Alexa who will write articles on the Kalos League.
Sep 08 | Kalos League 1 / 7 - Opening Ceremonies, Reserves returning. Rival meet ups.
-
Oct 27 | Lumiose City - Goodbye Kalos. (Clemont, Bonnie, Serena, Sycamore, Alexa)
-

Brilliant for the way you did this. Only thing I would change are the matchups in the tournament, although it would be neat to see Axew evolve (finally), although a Gabite for Slyveon match seems more exciting imo.

Mirto

May 12 | Winding Woods
May 19 | Snowbelle Gym
May 26 | Wetlands
-
-
-
-
-
-

But... Wetlands is on June 9th :(

I'd rather see:

XYZ30-31 Lumiose City
32-35 Team Flare Arc
37-40 Iris comeback
42-48 Kalos League
50 - Bye bye 6th Gen

There is always a break on August

ShadowForce720

I'd rather see:

XYZ30-31 Lumiose City
32-35 Team Flare Arc
37-40 Iris comeback
42-48 Kalos League
50 - Bye bye 6th Gen

No there isn't always a break on August. Plus other then the taking a break for the movie, when pokemon usually takes a break is when another show needs the spot, also when we get a case where get 2 episodes for that Thursday then pokemon will take a break to make up an episode in a couple cases it's been a case where Naruto had to make up an episode.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Iris doesn't return though.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

I'd rather see:

XYZ30-31 Lumiose City
32-35 Team Flare Arc
37-40 Iris comeback
42-48 Kalos League
50 - Bye bye 6th Gen

No there wasn't a break in august in one of the XY years. Although i did make a mistake in some of the May/June airdates, so I'll have to bump out an episode or two from my speculation.

I'll put it in spoil tags for people who don't want to see my fanfiction.

[spoil]
May 26 | Winding Woods
----------
June 02 | Snowbelle Gym
June 09 | Wetlands
June 16 | Lumiose City (1/3) | Pancham- Serena & Shauna
June 23 | Lumiose City (2/3) | Charizard- Trevor
June 30 | Lumiose City (3/3) | Tierno & Mega-Blastoise
----------
July 07 | Team Flare Climax (1/4) | Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Charizard! Battle for Puni-chan!!
July 14 | [break for Volcanion & Magearna movie]
July 21 | Team Flare Climax (2/4) | 50% Zygarde vs 50% Zygarde!!
July 28 | Team Flare Climax 1-Hour Special!! (3&4/4) | The Greatest Crisis to face Kalos!! & The Ultimate Weapon! Perfect Zygarde Appears!!
----------
Aug 04 | Lumiose City | Aftermath.
  • Alain, traveling with Mairin will attempt to enter the Kalos League, which will take place in 3 months.
  • Clemont confronts why Limone hid the fact that he is Blaziken Mask from him and Bonnie.
  • Serena is contacted by Grace, telling her she was invited to perform at Dragon Fes, a festival hosted by Drasna at Vaniville Town
  • Iris arrives by plane to Lumiose City in the final minute of the episode.
Aug 11 | Lumiose City | Iris meets up with Ash by coincidence again. She is traveling to the Dragon Fes to get the chance to battle Drasna of the Kalos Elite Four. She and Ash battle with Noivern and Dragonite in the same spot Ash battled Clemont in.

Aug 18 | Vaniville Town (1/3) | Alexa appears. She will write an article about the festival. Dragon Fes begins. Serena performs and Iris learns about Fairy-types' immunity to Dragon-types.
Battle Tournament begins. Montage showing Top 16 and Top 8.
* Noivern and Talonflame for Ash
* Sylveon and Pancham for Serena
* Luxray and Bunnelby for Clemont
* Excadrill and Emolga for Iris

Aug 25 | Vaniville Town (2/3) | Dragon Fes continues. Top 4 and Top 2.
* Serena (Sylveon) vs Iris (Axew/Fraxure) | Axew evolves, but Serena wins.
* Clemont (Chespin) vs Ash (Pikachu) | Pikachu wins.
-
* Ash (Hawlucha) vs Serena (Braixen) | Braixen pulls out a new Psychic move and Hawlucha pulls out a Rock Tomb.
------
Sep 01 | Vaniville Town (3/3) | Ash (Ash-Greninja) vs Drasna (Mega-Altaria) during the festival. In the evening near sundown, Iris also requests a battle with Drasna, even though she lost. Drasna accepts to help a fellow Dragon Master. Gible vs Altaria. Gible starts to learn Draco Meteor. Drasna offers Iris the chance to go with her so she can help Gible master it. Iris leaves the group.

Sep 08 | Kalos League (1/8) | Opening Ceremonies. Reserves returning. Rival meet ups.

Sep 15 | Kalos League (2/8) | Preliminaries - All 1 vs 1.
* Ash vs Jimmy | Pikachu vs Pikachu

Sep 22 | Kalos League (3/8) | Top 64 - 3 vs 3
* Ash vs Trevor | Talonflame vs Charizard is the main match-up.

Sep 29 | Kalos League (4/8) | Top 32 (montage) & Top 16 - 3 vs 3
Top 32
* Ash vs ??? | Noivern vs Dragalge is the only battle shown.

Top 16
* Ash vs Astrid | Hawlucha vs Mega-Absol is the main match-up
---------
Oct 06 | Kalos League (5/8) | Top 8 6 vs 6
* Ash vs Sawyer | Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Sceptile is the main match-up.

Oct 13 | Kalos League (6/8) | Top 4 6 vs 6
* Ash vs Tierno | Goodra vs Mega-Blastoise is the main match-up.

Oct 20 | Kalos League (7/8) Semifinals end and Finals begin.

Oct 27 | Kalos League (8/8) Finals | Ash (Ash-Greninja) vs Alain (Mega-Charizard), finishes. Alain is the Pokémon League Champion.
----------
Nov 03 | Lumiose City | Ash thanks Alexa, Sycamore, and Limone for all their help. Ash spends one final day with Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. They all see him at the airport.

Nov 10 | Pallet Town | Ash spends time with all his Pokémon. Delia receives a call from her sister. She just moved to Alola with her daughter and Meowth and wants Delia and Ash to visit.

Nov 17 | [week break between series and Sun and Moon release]

Nov 24 | Sun & Moon [Episodes 1 & 2] *I realized they always start the new series the Thursday after the game release.*
-----------[/spoil]

But in summary, I think Iris could be on the main cast for about 5 episodes. Aug 04 - Sep 01. Dawn was the exception to the girls return. Misty got 2 appearances in AG but 5 episodes total. May got 5 episodes in DP. Dawn got like 9 episodes, but she didn't do much at all.

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
@WaterSuriken
About the dragon tournament theory; don't forget Goodra may be coming back! ;)

And here's another thing I just thought of: what if they're saving her (and Cilan) for an anniversary special :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.