• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroLightningFlash

I personally wouldn't mind if Iris showed up in Kalos at some point. She wasn't that bad really apart from her 'such a kid' thing, maybe after the Zygarde plot is over, she could come back for some episodes (why not-i mean after the League there may not be anything else going on in the anime (unless the League starts before the Zygarde plot finishes), may as well bring her back for then right? xD.

The other girls came back at some point the following generation so i don't think it's fair if Iris doesn't get the same (even though she isn't my favorite). If Iris doesn't come back though then i'll start worrying if Serena or any new girls from this point forth and the future would ever show up again...

PrincessKairiSkye

No it hasn't.

For %90 of the fanbase it has lol

I just hope they forget her and she is not returning. Heck I'd rather have Tracy appear for an episode in XYZ. Unless they made her like game Iris I am ok with the pattern being broken. Or instead of a girl bring Cilan back who japan seemed to love and the USA fans did not seem to mind too much. I can see Cilan falling in love with Kalos culture and the Ash /Cilan dynamic was just so much better than AS/ Iris

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Previous female companions don't have to come back. The current series is about Ash travelling with current companions. There is always a 50/50 chance but returning companions are not mandatory to the series itself. Plus there are pokemon specials for older companions.

PrincessKairiSkye

Previous female companions don't have to come back. The current series is about Ash travelling with current companions. There is always a 50/50 chance but returning companions are not mandatory to the series itself. Plus there are pokemon specials for older companions.

Unless they play a big role in the games. Like if for example a past gym leader ends up becoming a e4 member in a future gen (Which would be cool)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why do people keep saying that when we don't have a title or summary yet :confused:

Has everyone COPLETELY forgotten about poor Trevor :confused:

For me it feels just a little too soon to end the Flare arc.
Also, if anything the TF finale will be 3 episodes. Heck, they may even break the record and go for 4 for all we know...

Also, a couple of variables to throw in: more weeks off for specials/breaks besides the movie (especially since we've had more than usual already), and if XY ends a little earlier than usual like BW did (mayhap even earlier?)

There's a reason why there was a slash in between Charizard and Team Flare pt1. It dictates that it could be either. And by writing just "Charizard" I left open the possibility that it could be either Alan's, Trevor, or a random one that's not Ash's.

For me, it would only make sense to end the Team Flare-arc in Lumiose City and that's where they are heading. So unless they're going on a detour for no good reason, they might as well wrap it up.

@WaterSuriken
About the dragon tournament theory; don't forget Goodra may be coming back! ;)

And here's another thing I just thought of: what if they're saving her (and Cilan) for an anniversary special :confused:

Sigh.. Cilan can stay away.. Unless he's reached his S-class rank, I'm not interested. He had a clear goal in Best Wishes (going from A-rank to S-rank), but the writers never did anything with it. He was badly written and needs to stay away unless they've improved him (which I doubt they would)..

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
There's a reason why there was a slash in between Charizard and Team Flare pt1. It dictates that it could be either. And by writing just "Charizard" I left open the possibility that it could be either Alan's, Trevor, or a random one that's not Ash's.

For me, it would only make sense to end the Team Flare-arc in Lumiose City and that's where they are heading. So unless they're going on a detour for no good reason, they might as well wrap it up.

Sigh.. Cilan can stay away.. Unless he's reached his S-class rank, I'm not interested. He had a clear goal in Best Wishes (going from A-rank to S-rank), but the writers never did anything with it. He was badly written and needs to stay away unless they've improved him (which I doubt they would)..

I agree. Cilan can just get a cameo once Iris returns, like how Brock did when Dawn returned

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I imagine Iris will return trying to master(?) her new Garchomp with a Garchompite, only for TR to steal her stuff, forcing her and the group to chase them down while she narrates her tribulations with making her not-Ash's Gible evolve. Once they catch up with TR, she and James will engage in a forceful Mega Evolution sequence which predictably ends with her mastering(?) the form and blowing TR away. Cue sundown.

And Axew never evolved during the whole time and will get lost chasing a Vivillon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I imagine Iris will return trying to master(?) her new Garchomp with a Garchompite, only for TR to steal her stuff, forcing her and the group to chase them down while she narrates her tribulations with making her not-Ash's Gible evolve. Once they catch up with TR, she and James will engage in a forceful Mega Evolution sequence which predictably ends with her mastering(?) the form and blowing TR away. Cue sundown.

And Axew never evolved during the whole time and will get lost chasing a Vivillon.

But we already had the rogue/TR-controlled Mega Garchomp.. -.-

PlatinumManzai

I Love You!
Why bother female companions come back? Just let Ash enjoy his journey XD
He always friendzone girls, anyways

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd take Cilan returning a million times before Iris. The male never returned in the past cause Brock was always with the cast, I'd love it if the male got to return. Kalos even suits Cilan, I originally thought he was staying when we first saw it.

The only reason I'd want Iris back is to see Serena kick Dragonite's *** with Sylveon. And that could easily be a special like Brock meeting Cilan.

Iris should stay away unless it's Axew who evolved. He wanted to evolve unlike the other mascots. It was part of her task wasn't it? But nope, a Dragonite fell out of the sky and into her lap. It needs to be at least Fraxure by now.

And I don't want to see her with a Garchomp before Ash. She doesn't need two fully evolved psuedos, she's not the main character.

INB4 nothing changed at all like Dawn's team

PrincessKairiSkye

I'd take Cilan returning a million times before Iris. The male never returned in the past cause Brock was always with the cast, I'd love it if the male got to return. Kalos even suits Cilan, I originally thought he was staying when we first saw it.

The only reason I'd want Iris back is to see Serena kick Dragonite's *** with Sylveon. And that could easily be a special like Brock meeting Cilan.

Iris should stay away unless it's Axew who evolved. He wanted to evolve unlike the other mascots. It was part of her task wasn't it? But nope, a Dragonite fell out of the sky and into her lap. It needs to be at least Fraxure by now.

And I don't want to see her with a Garchomp before Ash. She doesn't need two fully evolved psuedos, she's not the main character.

INB4 nothing changed at all like Dawn's team

Pretty sure Cyndquil evolved yet nobody said a thing.

ShadowForce720

Pretty sure Cyndquil evolved yet nobody said a thing.

That's because Ash's Cyndaquil evolved before Dawn's Cyndaquil. Ash's Cyndaquil evolve during the Sinnoh League, where Dawn's Cyndaquil didn't evolve until a special that took place after Ash had left Sinnoh. If Ash's Gible were to happen to become a Garchomp first and then Iris's Gible became a Garchomp then people wouldn't really have much of an issue with it other then if Axew still hasn't evolved at that point.

Last edited:

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
So i guess now with the league confirmed things don't look to good for Iris :( unless its a post league but that depends on how long the Team flare arc and league are.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Unless Iris went to Kalos to meet Drasna, she has absolutely no reason to come back...

Well, Dawn came back just to get tips watching not-contests in Unova, but even then, all she did was participate in a battling tourney.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Honestly with XY's utter lack of continuity from previous sagas they probably want this as self contained as possible

Sprinter1988

To be honest, I don't think we can go by previous patterns to determine what will happen anymore.
I mean, in the past Ash has always caught a grass type starter and that didn't happen this time.
Since Johto all gym battles (apart from one or two exceptions like Chuck and Lenora) have been three on three (with Ash talking on Cilan, Chili and Cress in order to follow this trend) but now in Kalos it has become more usual for two pokemon to become the norm.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think Iris appearing at this point is as unlikely as Amourshipping becoming canon. And while I won't sit here and say I can guarantee she won't appear, I will say that I'm honestly kinda surprised anyone still thinks she has much of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.