1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Iris comeback speculation thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Hanto, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Well Iris could appear for a couple of episodes. Iris doesn't need to be interested in Showcases to help Serena out in something.

In Misty's Hoenn return, she interacted with May but it was about Togepi.
    In her Kanto return, Misty bonded with Max instead about being the younger siblings.

In May's Sinnoh return, she helped Dawn get over her slump.

In Dawn's Unova return, she helped console Iris over Dragonite's disobedience compared to Mamoswine.

So maybe having Iris in Kalos, she could bond more with Bonnie if Squishy has already left the group by then. She could interact with Serena and maybe just show her how a girl could also be aggressive in battling.

2. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

After looking at your Screen Name, it all makes sense.

Her not returning actually opens the door to no character returning again ever except for maybe Tracey so that's something

Actually it would be better if she interacted with Clemont cause they are almost opposite of each other.

3. ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117 Well-Known Member

maybe she'll come ( as tradition )
    or not and the only time i think she can make her appearance is after the kalos league , maybe to battle ash's noivern or just like that.....exploring

4. ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117 Well-Known Member

maybe she'll come ( as tradition )
    or not and the only time i think she can make her appearance is after the kalos league , maybe to battle ash's noivern or just like that..... While exploring she may meet up with ash's gang.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Uh, what now? I'm lost.

6. I see the "main female lead returning" more as a coincidence than a pattern. I don't think it's likely that she will return

His post makes no sense. It's probably trolling; ignore it.

7. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

The person that challenges Ash to a battle in the first Kalos League episode will be Iris.

8. Janovy

Janovy Banned

So glad the haters aren't writing this show, otherwise we'd never get a competent female character that's not a typical cute female character.

I also find it amusing how the haters never point out the flaws in Iris, they simply state they hate her and are done with it. What more proof does one need of mindless hate?

9. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 45 seconds."

Oh well.

-----------

Mega Garchomp will be fun.

10. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I'm just upset her type master arc didn't really go anywhere.

11. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

At least she didn't praise every inch of ground ash stepped on like some other girl....not gonna mention names, but...

12. Janovy

Janovy Banned

You can't really blame her because the 'Master' title is so vaguely defined that it will likely never come true in the show while it lasts. Much like Ash's Pokemon Master.

13. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

They actually made it pretty clear it's a title handed out by the Dragon Village to those considered worthy of it. It's not the same as Kasumi's "Water Pokemon Master", which just seemed to be shortform for "recognized as the best Water Pokemon Trainer in the world"; "Dragon Master" was an actual title that people actually had, and when a Gym Leader like Shaga can have it, it's hardly presented as some impossibly unattainable world champion-tier goal either.

14. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

That is true, although "being worthy" is still vague because there isnt some clear straightforward checkmarks until you get the title. It would have helped if drayden was introduced earlier in BW to really set it up.

15. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I guess Iris beating Drayden would make her worthy of becoming the Dragon Master, if he indeed holds that title.

Then again, Drayden did suggest to Iris that she become a gym leader but Iris refused, so perhaps Iris wants to become the Dragon Master in her own way, through travelling.

16. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

What they should have done is have Iris come to kalos to challenge Drasna, and she actually beats her. Drasna then tells her that she should go back to unova to take over as the new gym leader and that she is a true dragon master.

17. Darkness Angel

Darkness Angel Lover of Fate-Chan

If Iris appears once again it will most likely be a cameo with her just watching the league on a tv screen,

18. dp045

dp045 Well-Known Member

As happened in Hoen? Well, I believe this to be the most likely option to give at least some continuity to anime remembering that there are other colleagues who accompanied Ash during his travels.

19. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Doubt it. Dragon Masters were presented as people with a deep connection to dragons, not just strong Trainers. It's Iris' ability to read the hearts of dragons that's going to be the key to the title, not just winning a battle against some random person holding it.

20. Janovy

Janovy Banned

In that case, it would really be difficult to determine what makes Iris worthy of that title which brings me back to my original point - it's vaguely defined. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.