• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris comeback speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xol

Team Plasma Grunt
I'm not expecting any arc for Iris at this point, however I expect she'll a cameo in some form. Most likely she'll be watching Ash compete in the Kalos League on television whilst in Johto. Either that, or perhaps the opposite, similar to the end of Sinnoh - after the league Ash catches Iris on television in a battle with the champion Diantha/Drake or a Unova/Kalos Elite Four member.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'd be very surprised if Iris didn't return. I know XY has broken a few patterns but the previous female character returning has always been something I looked forward to. It honestly pains me that we might not see Iris make a quick return in Kalos...

I do not stop hoping, though. The League is taking place really soon and the Team Flare arc could either be over with quickly or be long enough for Iris to join and aid Ash's group.

Janovy

Banned

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Did she ever ride him, though?

It doesn't matter if she did or not during Best Wishes. All that matters is that she can ride him. Lance's Dragonite could have both Lance and Ash on its back, and Iris' Dragonite sure does not lack strength.

It's an interesting idea to have Iris fly over to Kalos on Dragonite's back. Definitely would show how much their relationship has evolved.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Judging by how the league is coming and the lack of hints of Iris returning seems to indicate that she won't come back. Not all female companions have to return just because previous female companions have done so. In my opinion, we probably won't see a returning female companion for this region.

HoennPrincessAlyvia

Judging by how the league is coming and the lack of hints of Iris returning seems to indicate that she won't come back. Not all female companions have to return just because previous female companions have done so. In my opinion, we probably won't see a returning female companion for this region.

I would love to see Misty and Brock in the last ep where Misty tells him about Alola and something like she had been going their to catch new water types. Would be nice for the older fans and to the mark the anniversary with the OG group. As for Irias while i'm not a fan of her I am going to use the likely new opening to decide if she is back or not. Like I would not be shocked if the Wulfric part of the OP is replaced by something new. So if it has no Irias I'm going with her not being back.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could imagine Iris will appear after the league, as it is probable there will be a filler arc between Sun and Moon.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm starting to think she might not come back.

I'm not even bothered, for once i don't want the previous female lead to return. The less references to BW, the better in my opinion. Other than Ash's Pokemon he caught in Unova, the rest can stay away.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
She'll appear watching the league in the dragon village

That is the only thing i can see happening at this point. which will be upsetting since she didn't get to come to the Kalos region so we can see some progression but it will be nice because it will show that Iris still exists and maybe we will see other characters watching like Dawn and Brock.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
She'll appear watching the league in the dragon village

Heheh. Now that I suppose they could do. I'm as confident in Iris not really returning as I am in Ash traveling through Alola, and I find it hard to believe there are still so many people who think Iris will return. But hey, I suppose I could be wrong.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Heheh. Now that I suppose they could do. I'm as confident in Iris not really returning as I am in Ash traveling through Alola, and I find it hard to believe there are still so many people who think Iris will return. But hey, I suppose I could be wrong.

I'd prefer if she came back in Alola for an anniversary episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I've changed my mind about Iris returning. I'd rather they just used the remaining episodes developing Serena and her team unless Iris returns to help with her development in some way.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I've changed my mind about Iris returning. I'd rather they just used the remaining episodes developing Serena and her team unless Iris returns to help with her development in some way.

I don't see why not. May helped Dawn's development so I don't see why Iris can't help Serena's.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I don't see why not. May helped Dawn's development so I don't see why Iris can't help Serena's.

But how do you think Iris would be able to help Serena? May was a Coordinator, just like Dawn. Iris, though, is striving to become a Dragon Master, and her personality does not seem to lend itself to liking Pokémon Showcases, or wanting to become a Performer. I think that there is little she could offer Serena, especially since Serena's current issue is the small size of her fanbase, rather than any shortcoming in her ability as a Performer.

As for whether or not she will appear, I think that it's unlikely at this late point in XYZ. We only have until November before Sun and Moon come out. Given that we're getting the League now, and that Team Flare will likely be dealt with either during the League or right after, that won't leave a lot of time for her coming back, at least in XYZ. She may appear in Alola, but I would guess that Serena would be more likely to appear there than Iris, assuming both don't make a comeback there. Now, as mentioned in a post above, we could get a cameo of Iris watching the Kalos League but I wouldn't expect much more than that, or possibly a phone call after the League's completion, in XYZ. There just isn't enough time for her return to be done justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.