• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' role in B2W2! B2W2 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Iris is an badass pokemon trainer whether you like her or not. She a really strong battler but i don't see her becoming the champion in the anime.

What show are you watching? She has one strong Pokemon and has otherwise been shown to be rather weak in the anime.

What show are you watching? She has one strong Pokemon and has otherwise been shown to be rather weak in the anime.

You mean what so you been watching!!!! She isn't weak as she appears, but she does need to train her an lot more.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know I said that most people are suddenly fans of Iris, but then I looked at the opposite end of the spectrum and noticed the people who are extremely pressed. I'm honestly surprised these people spend so much energy bashing Iris. I would love to hear what these people think about Cilan and all his DEM victories; I bet they just love that. :rolleyes:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I know I said that most people are suddenly fans of Iris, but then I looked at the opposite end of the spectrum and noticed the people who are extremely pressed. I'm honestly surprised these people spend so much energy bashing Iris. I would love to hear what these people think about Cilan and all his DEM victories; I bet they just love that. :rolleyes:

I like them both equally, but Iris' role in the Club battle was so biased.
Cilan hasn't had any DEM wins as I can remember. I may be wrong though.

EspNeon

Badge Collector

I disagree. She managed to win the "Club Battle Tournament" outranking 15 other challengers including Ash. She also held a 99 Win streak before she faced Drayden. I'm not a huge fan of her but I certainly don't think she is weak. I think some people will think Iris is weak since her Axew hasn't evolved, her Emolga can't evolve which just leaves Excadrill as the only fully evolved member of her team.

With this revelation, I am intrigued as to how she will be used in the anime. I can't see her becoming champion and beating Alder although I can see her becoming a major threat in the World Tournament.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Iris is a good battler and trainer. The only issue is that the writers don't give her any new pokemon to work with.

She's fairly average, IMO. Its only her Excadrill that's making her look strong. Axew and Emonga are average at best and no stronger than any other female protagonists pokemon.

Is it possible that she could win the junior tournament and battle Alder? It'd be interesting if she does.

I suppose its possible. I hope not though

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
I could see the anime team have her be champion next time she appears after Best Wishes (in Gen VI). But not during the duration of the show.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
I could see the anime team have her be champion next time she appears after Best Wishes (in Gen VI). But not during the duration of the show.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Is it possible that she could win the junior tournament and battle Alder? It'd be interesting if she does.

I highly doubt it Iris only has 3 team members all of which have a huge amount of potential but for her to win something that's this big of a deal this early is highly unlikely.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I highly doubt it Iris only has 3 team members all of which have a huge amount of potential but for her to win something that's this big of a deal this early is highly unlikely.
Excadrill's potential got lowered after being used constantly...Emolga will never have any...so Axew is pretty much the only one that has it right now.

So yeah, she ain't winning unless the writer pull her victory out of their...thin air

Excadrill's potential got lowered after being used constantly...Emolga will never have any...so Axew is pretty much the only one that has it right now.

So yeah, she ain't winning unless the writer pull her victory out of their...thin air

Or give her that Dragonite to have a second strong pokemon to use in the tournament.

Janovy

Banned
Iris being a Champion in B2/W2 is pretty amazing but I doubt any of that will carry over into the current season.

The writers are clearly taking a different approach with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.