• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' role in B2W2! B2W2 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 57, Druddigon Lv. 57, Aggron Lv. 57, Archeops Lv. 57, Lapras Lv. 57 Haxorus Lv. 59

Definitely puts her 'interest' towards Cynthia in todays episode into a whole new perspective.

Discuss

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

It's interesting that's for sure, but I definetly don't see Anime Iris becoming a Champion, at the most hopefully a Gym Leader at the end of BW, and then maybe in a very distant future saga returns as a champion.

Evolving Axew would be a start.

hmmm that is most certainly unexpected. not sure how it would effect anime iris but be interesting to see

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Champion Iris...
Bulbagarden's Iris thread is going to love this.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Wooo, that's interesting.

Even if that role isn't implanted here (and most of me doubts it will be) Iris is still getting some interesting roles- She had a battle against Shirona, will be involved in a plot with a rampaging Kairyu and lets not forget Shaga appearing in the World Tournament who'll definitely effect her in a way.

So yeah, while Dent does his thing, Iris is getting all this cool and interesting stuff so nobody should complain. And everybody's happy. End of story!

Last edited:
However the anime is a very different universe. Team Plasma are nowhere to be found and other key elements from the games are missing. So it's possible this Junior Cup might show that for the future Iris has the potential to become a champion herself. I don't expect her to beat Alder in the tournament but she might come close if she wins though.

The other hint we can get from this is that when Ash departs from Unova Iris will have decided to start battling gyms so she could one day become champion of Unova. That could have been her "hidden" dream all along besides being a dragon master.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
The game developers had to pander and eventually needed to have a Champion of "color", so now we have Iris as champion in the game continuity.

However the anime is a very different universe. Team Plasma are nowhere to be found and other key elements from the games are missing. So it's possible this Junior Cup might show that for the future Iris has the potential to become a champion herself. I don't expect her to beat Alder in the tournament but she might come close if she wins though.

A Champion of "color"? lol.

You know Iris isn't Black right? She's likely based on the native Ainu people of Japan's, so if anything, she's like, Indian-Japanese.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Huh...interesting....*begins to think of new fanfiction*

gohan5

Irisboy
The game developers had to pander and eventually needed to have a Champion of "color", so now we have Iris as champion in the game continuity.

The other hint we can get from this is that when Ash departs from Unova Iris will have decided to start battling gyms so she could one day become champion of Unova. That could have been her "hidden" dream all along besides being a dragon master.

Excuse me? Color? Not only do you not know the game developers intentions, but also that could be taken offensively.

I think that Iris winding up being the Champion in B2W2 is just one of the most surprising things that have happened, along with the Gym Leader shake up. Although it's nice to see that she hasn't been forgotten about with Drayden taking over the Opelucid Gym again. I wonder if Lenora, Cilan, Chili, and Cress have been promoted to Elite Four or are otherwise in the game somehow.

A Champion of "color"? lol.

You know Iris isn't Black right? She's likely based on the native Ainu people of Japan's, so if anything, she's like, Indian-Japanese.

It could mean anyone who is ethnic.

In either case, I think this change in the game wont affect the current state of the anime at all. Otherwise we would have seen Iris' development leading to this. But I think it will affect how she leaves the cast, as she pursues a new quest on her own to beat Alder.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Knowing that this could be her final outcome, her catchphrase suddenly became less annoying.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Excuse me? Color? Not only do you not know the game developers intentions, but also that could be taken offensively.

Well it's comfirmed. DiamondClass is Teshub.

I think that Iris winding up being the Champion in B2W2 is just one of the most surprising things that have happened, along with the Gym Leader shake up. Although it's nice to see that she hasn't been forgotten about with Drayden taking over the Opelucid Gym again. I wonder if Lenora, Cilan, Chili, and Cress have been promoted to Elite Four or are otherwise in the game somehow.

Irisboy! *comes crying* People are telling me scary things that Dento might have DIED. ;-; I think Dento/Chili/Cress are warming up people with their tea. Plus I think I read the E4 is still the same...or same types. :/ It would be cool if they were promoted though.

JD

I have a feeling that she's going to win the World Tournament. She'll probably end up beating Drayden in the finals.

Oversensitive much?

We would expect the current champion of the game to be Hilbert or Hilda. Iris being a champion sort of comes out of left field, because she was just a young gym leader and not even Elite Four. So far the Champions have been light skinned people, so putting up Iris for that was really about diversity more than it making sense by fitting with the events of the previous game. We know the protagonists wanted to be champions, but never had any hint regarding that being Iris' (in game) goal.

gohan5

Irisboy
Irisboy! *comes crying* People are telling me scary things that Dento might have DIED. ;-; I think Dento/Chili/Cress are warming up people with their tea. Plus I think I read the E4 is still the same...or same types. :/ It would be cool if they were promoted though.

I hope they still are involved in the games somehow, it'd be weird if they just disappeared.

I wonder if this will be hinted at in the anime anymore, I mean aside from Iris's infatuation with Cynthia :p Like maybe she catches atleast one more Pokemon from the evolutionary family of her new in game team.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Oversensitive much?

We would expect the current champion of the game to be Hilbert or Hilda. Iris being a champion sort of comes out of left field, because she was just a young gym leader and not even Elite Four. So far the Champions have been light skinned people, so putting up Iris for that was really about diversity.

Yes but a woman in BW said that Iris had the potential to succeed Drayden, so after 2 years she succeeded him and Alder.

Yes but a woman in BW said that Iris had the potential to succeed Drayden, so after 2 years she succeeded him and Alder.

Meaning it was more probable for Drayden to be Champion than Iris.

I also think that the battle Iris had with Cynthia might be the catalyst for her to begin thinking about challenging the League and be a dragon type using champion like she saw Cynthia with garchomp.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Oversensitive much?

We would expect the current champion of the game to be Hilbert or Hilda. Iris being a champion sort of comes out of left field, because she was just a young gym leader and not even Elite Four. So far the Champions have been light skinned people, so putting up Iris for that was really about diversity more than it making sense by fitting with the events of the previous game. We know the protagonists wanted to be champions, but never had any hint regarding that being Iris' (in game) goal.

So you're implying she's a token champion? I don't believe that, she's been shown to be a prodigy in the game (and to a lesser extent in the anime) so I expect her to grow more powerful with time. I'm sure she earned her title as the champion in those two years since the first games.

This. It wasn't completely out of left field for her to show growth, just nobody expected her to replace Alder.

Status
Not open for further replies.