• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' role in B2W2! B2W2 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I hope they still are involved in the games somehow, it'd be weird if they just disappeared.

Yeah I know. Or if there are remakes they could have went to Hoenn.

I wonder if this will be hinted at in the anime anymore, I mean aside from Iris's infatuation with Cynthia :p Like maybe she catches atleast one more Pokemon from the evolutionary family of her new in game team.

I'm expecting her to win the Junior Cup. Maybe not DEFEAT Alder, but get there. I don't think she'll become Champion in the anime. (I kind of hope not. I'm so used to the main characters being n00bs with a dream)

Haunter ゴースト

Here's a little comparison guys:

Anime Iris:

-Had only just truly began training a baby Axew once she met Ash.
-Has 2 different Pokemon not related to Dragon types.
-Has met Drayden once who believes she has potential.

B/W Iris:

-Is a Gym Leader.
-Only has 3 Pokemon all of which are Dragon Types, owns a a Fraxure and Haxorus, no Axew.
-Drayden believes she has potential as a trainer.

B2/W2 Iris:

-Is the Champion...
-Owns three dragon types, and three different Pokemon. None are the same as her anime team.
-Is much more older now.

---------------------

I don't know if anybody sees what im getting at here but Anime Iris is barely anything like her game counterpart, unless she evolves Axew and meets/battles Drayden, the best status I can see her becoming is a gym leader.

The anime is weird like that, sometimes it seems to keep up with the current state of the games. But then in many ways it seems to be like "prequels", and maybe we will get to see in Season 2 the transition of Iris as young trainer to gym leader, or young trainer to league hopeful.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

Anime Iris:

B/W Iris:

-Is a Gym Leader.
-Only has 3 Pokemon all of which are Dragon Types, owns a a Fraxure and Haxorus, no Axew.

B2/W2 Iris:

-Is the Champion...
-Owns three dragon types, and three different Pokemon. None are the same as her anime team.
-Is much more older now.

---------------------

I don't know if anybody sees what im getting at here but Anime Iris is barely anything like her game counterpart, unless she evolves Axew and meets/battles Drayden, the best status I can see her becoming is a gym leader.

She's met and battled Shaga/Draydent already......but yeah, likely she'll re-encounter him.

gohan5

Irisboy
Yeah I know. Or if there are remakes they could have went to Hoenn.

Eh could be, I just kinda want more info about them. Even if you can't battle them, a new look or something would be cool.

I'm expecting her to win the Junior Cup. Maybe not DEFEAT Alder, but get there. I don't think she'll become Champion in the anime. (I kind of hope not. I'm so used to the main characters being n00bs with a dream)

Really? I don't really see her winning the thing, if she enters. She might fight Dawn or someone strong but I doubt she'd win. Oh yeah she definitely won't become champion in the anime, when Ash hasn't come close to becoming one (excluding Orange League).

Well she is traveling with the group, so she can't be as powerful as she is in the games. She's the most powerful trainer in the game now, that'd be too much. It is funny though that she just so happens to be the most powerful gym leader, with Drayden, in the first games and then the Champion in B2W2. It'd be interesting if she had all that power in the anime but ultimately doesn't make for a good journey if she can pound everyone into the ground.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I honestly did not see Iris as the Champion...

Wow, I still don't think he will become champion in the anime.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Eh could be, I just kinda want more info about them. Even if you can't battle them, a new look or something would be cool.

As long as they are in the games I'll be happy. Even if they are the Shadow Triad at this point. XD But heck, I wouldn't mind if they were de-promoted and decided to make a living by selling their tea. Perhaps they are battle-able and afterwards they can teach your starter the ultimate move (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon?) If Gold could, THEY could. A new look would also be nice. XD I'm interested to see how much they've grown. :3

Really? I don't really see her winning the thing, if she enters. She might fight Dawn or someone strong but I doubt she'd win. Oh yeah she definitely won't become champion in the anime, when Ash hasn't come close to becoming one (excluding Orange League).

True....but you never know. XDDDD

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How does anyone expect little 10 year old Iris with the team she currently has to be a champion?

Seriously the games and anime are not the same.

Iris being an champion in the new BW2 series games is a bit of a shock to me. But in the anime i don't see Iris being a pokemon League champion and i also don't see her becoming an Gym Leader at the end of the BW series either, since her goal is to become an Dragon Master not staying behind being a Gym Leader.

She's most likely not going to be champion any time soon, but I hope we see hints that what she is in the games could be her future when she's out of the show. I think this is pretty cool to hear that she's champion and now that we're in season 2, hopefully she'll amp up her team as the saga goes on. I kinda hope she catches a pokemon from one of the lines in her in-game team too. I kinda would like to see Lapras but we'll see.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I'm actually very shocked at this news, i was expecting that maybe Drayden or another Elite 4 member could replace Alder as champion, but Iris? Man! Anyway as for effecting her in the anime, at this point i wouldn't see it taking a drastic effect to be honest she's never followed the trends the first Black and White set for her, so i'm very much doubting that she's going to head towards Championship in Season 2 just because that's her fate in the second game. We can expect her to get stronger though, we've already seen Axew learn Giga Impact which is a very powerful move so i think we can hopefully expect a few more new moves and captures throughout season 2.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Anime Iris:

B/W Iris:

-Is a Gym Leader.

B2/W2 Iris:

-Is the Champion...
-Is much more older now.

---------------------

And making a cameo as the new Unova Champion two years later ;) Dumdumdum! :p

If anything, now we know that that Archeops knowing Dragonbreath wasn't trivial, but a hint.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
VERY surprised that so few people saw this coming. Once Drayden was confirmed and Iris was not, I figured she would be either champ or E4. She just seemed to have that "chosen one" kinda feel to her.

I think the most we can expect is a new pokemon based on her in game team

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Hmmm. Iris champion in the games. Unexpected but I doubt that's going to be the case in the anime.

I would be more excited if this had anything to do with the anime. The most I can wish for at this point is Iris catching a pokemon from her list in the game in the anime.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I do want her to get Aron in the anime though, and maybe Deino to go with her new champion team in the anime.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I would be more excited if this had anything to do with the anime. The most I can wish for at this point is Iris catching a pokemon from her list in the game in the anime.

I want her to get a Lapras and Lairon. Those are decent pokemon, but yeah.. Lairon could passed in favor of Excadrill :p

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wasn't expecting Iris to be a champion in the games. However, that doesn't mean jack sh!t in the show since no one grows up. However, I would like to see some dragon Pokemon choices for her in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.