• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' role in B2W2! B2W2 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

G50

No longer posting
An unofficial contest for her to wear it could be possible, but it is more likely at a ceremony.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, I think Iris' role in BW2 will add only a very interesting bit of trivia for anime!Iris.

However, I wouldn't mind if that was somehow used. Or even if anime!Iris gets a varition of her BW2 counterpart's hairstyle.

G50

No longer posting
It could be possible that she expands her goal (once she becomes a Dragon Master), to become a champion next. Although I don't think it will be a goal of hers at all in the anime.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
It could be possible that she expands her goal (once she becomes a Dragon Master), to become a champion next. Although I don't think it will be a goal of hers at all in the anime.

If that happens, I hope her team will get a change. Because I can't see her as a champion with the current Pokemon she has verses the ones she has in the games.

G50

No longer posting
If that happens, I hope her team will get a change. Because I can't see her as a champion with the current Pokemon she has verses the ones she has in the games.

She'd probably just get one evolution and one capture and somehow incorporate the "becoming Champion" goal change.

I hope none of that happens, and she just ends up wearing the outfit for something else.

An unofficial contest for her to wear it could be possible, but it is more likely at a ceremony.

It could be like how she dressed up for summoning Landorus, but instead she would be dressing up for something else.. Eh. I'm not a huge fan of her new outfit, but it's okay.

I am Lu

We probably will see Iris in her new outfit at some point, even if just for one or two episodes. Like how Dawn wore her outfit from Platinum as winter wear, then switched back to her usual attire.

oxygen

Banned
Seriously if iris would ever become (by some miracle) champion before ash i would quit watching the anime. I've been seeing this series since i was 4 and see ash continuing his journey, region after region not for him be ultrapassed by a random girl...
But IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

This. Very much.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Seriously if iris would ever become (by some miracle) champion before ash i would quit watching the anime. I've been seeing this series since i was 4 and see ash continuing his journey, region after region not for him be ultrapassed by a random girl...

Of course it wont happen, but sooner or later it HAS to; Pokemon for storys sake NEEDS a child champion. Whether that is Ash in decades time or someone else sooner, all the champions we see now are adults.

And if theyre all adults..................that just makes Ash grow ever further away from accomplishing his goal.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Not gonna happen in the anime, I expect them to go this route when they allow characters to AGE!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN, tho...

zeno48

Zaker!
Not gonna happen in the anime, I expect them to go this route when they allow characters to AGE!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN, tho...

It would be unrealistic, i agree with you 100%.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I don't think Iris' role in the games will affect the anime. Maybe some build up to it at the end of the series, but I don't think that Iris will magically enter the league and win it all.
I think she'll do amazing in the Champions League, and that Drayden is amazed by her talent, and decide to train her to become Unova's strongest trainer.

PAndrews

Why should Iris being champion on B2&W2 affect her anime counterpart

In B&W Iris was the 8th Gym Leader (or the person who taught you Draco Meteor and working with Drayden), while also in possession of a Haxorus, Fraxure and Druddigon.
In the Anime she was a trainer who won a tournament with Exadrill, got curbstomped by Drayden and set off to train Axew.

Her game counterpart was a dragon master and gym leader, and 2 years later became champion (which isn't a huge leap from Gym8).
Since her Anime counterpart is still working towards the level of her B&W game counterpart, in seems fairly obvious the "champion status" isn't happening during her anime run.

At most I see Iris leaving to become Drayden's apprentice and fellow gym leader at the end of BW2 stating that she will someday become champion when she says goodbye to Ash (perhaps saying they'll have another match when they are both champions)

pokemon fan 132

I doubt changes in BW2 games are going to affect that much Iris in anime.
Granted we can't know for sure if in anime there exists some alternate way to become champion without having to collect badges and enter regional league first, like its case with gym or E4 position with there existing more than one way to become one.

While she is champion in new games and showed to be prodigy trainer in anime(at much younger age than Ash scoring 99 wins with only Excadrill) with both Drayden and Cynthia recognizing potential in her to become very strong trainer one day, at this point Iris is still far too young to cut for champion material.

She is still fairly unpolished in her skills, Axew has a lot more growing to do before he evolves and reach ultimate stage, and Iris herself didn't managed to connect with dragon types to such degree to fully understand their feelings and hearts, like dragon masters do. In strength and battling abilities she has a lot more to learn too being far from level of strongest dragon trainers out there, such as Drayden or Lance.

At best i could see her due to changes in BW2 games eventually becoming Drayden, Cynthia or some other elite trainer apprentice training under their care and learning new things, before she becomes ready to take on E4 challenge and becomes champion few years from now in future.

Interestingly enough E4 route would be logical way for Misty to go down as well, considering how her dream was to become water master(best water trainer in world) never achieving it. And her game counterpart in Gold and Silver did said how she plans to travel in future to grow stronger making sense from game perspective too

Her game counterpart was a dragon master and gym leader, and 2 years later became champion (which isn't a huge leap from Gym8).
Since her Anime counterpart is still working towards the level of her B&W game counterpart, in seems fairly obvious the "champion status" isn't happening during her anime run.

Actually her game counterpart started to be referred as dragon master once she got promoted to champion.

G50

No longer posting
With Iris not being a Gym Leader like in the games, more than likely the same thing will apply to being a champion.

I don't see how they could apply it to the anime.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Iris, IMHO has not been treated like May and Dawn were, as equals of Ash. I mean yes, Iris was shown to be a compotent trainer at a young age with Excadrill but the writers seem to be holding her back from what they know she can do. For instance, there have been chances for Iris to catch more Dragon Pokemon but the writers dont seem to want her to improve her battling skills, just yet. This leads me to believe Iris will go to the new 6th Gen region with or without Ash and get the character development she needs and deserves.

And also, when have the games not had the champion they depict in the anime? We've seen every Champion as a Champion even in one episode (Steven) so I doubt they'll just have a Champion reduced to a non-developed travel companion.

PAndrews

And also, when have the games not had the champion they depict in the anime? We've seen every Champion as a Champion even in one episode (Steven) so I doubt they'll just have a Champion reduced to a non-developed travel companion.

Blue became the champion at the end of R&B, though his reign lasted a whole 5 minutes :D
Red then became Kanto's champion by beating Blue (which is stated in G&S)

Ash is based on Red and Gary is based on Blue, yet neither of them are Champions and Gary isn't Viridian's gym leader either.
Not all characters in the Anime follow their game counterparts, so Iris being champion in B2W2 doesn't mean her Anime version will be

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
Woooooow.............

Champion.........Iris.................

Clearly anime Iris is about 15 years too early to be Champion.

It's not in the anime but gary(( 1st generation )) also became the champion!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think it's cool that Iris will be the champion in BW2 games. In the anime it really is a shame Iris isn't seen training regularly or being as active as she could have been. Regardless my opinion on Iris remains unchanged. I'm happy she could accomplish such a thing in the games but anime wise I'm still not at all interested in the character. Maybe when she cameos in gen 6 she can be the champion of Unova, and really mock Ash by calling him a kid. I'd love to see Iris just tease him with that crown of hers, I know Ash fans will hate it though.

Still there's a chance it won't even happen. Remember Gary's run as the Kanto champion and Virdian Gym Leader? Neither do I because it never happend.

Status
Not open for further replies.