• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' role in B2W2! B2W2 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
FUUUUUU

I thought when you said "B2W2 Spoilers" in the title you meant anime spoilers... I don't give a crap about those.

[img139]http://i4.ifrm.com/7145/127/emo/catchitsmilie.gif[/img139]

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't think Iris' role in the games will affect the anime. Maybe some build up to it at the end of the series, but I don't think that Iris will magically enter the league and win it all.
I think she'll do amazing in the Champions League, and that Drayden is amazed by her talent, and decide to train her to become Unova's strongest trainer.

You might have a point. If I remember correctly, Gary was made the Viridan gym leader in the games when LG/FR came out and also in HG/SS also. Yet we've seen him being a traveling researcher in the anime, so what does that tell you? It means that not everything we wish that happened in the games will come true. Like for example they probably will never make Brock's brother the gym leader in the games or will never give us the option of Misty's sisters like with Cialn's brothers due to the fact that none of them were even in the game.

In reality, this all is so farfetched. I would have love for Iris to be a Dragon champion just like Lance but I wished I saw more of that extra ablity in the actual anime.

Haunter ゴースト

FUUUUUU

I thought when you said "B2W2 Spoilers" in the title you meant anime spoilers... I don't give a crap about those.

[img139]http://i4.ifrm.com/7145/127/emo/catchitsmilie.gif[/img139]

Oh man, I can only imagine how pissed you are over this.

That's extremely unlucky, but for a future warning. We refer to Black and White 2 (the games) as B2W2, and the new Season Best Wishes 2 as BW2.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Blue became the champion at the end of R&B, though his reign lasted a whole 5 minutes :D
Red then became Kanto's champion by beating Blue (which is stated in G&S)

Ash is based on Red and Gary is based on Blue, yet neither of them are Champions and Gary isn't Viridian's gym leader either.
Not all characters in the Anime follow their game counterparts, so Iris being champion in B2W2 doesn't mean her Anime version will be
I agree with the Red and Ash and Blue and Gary part but, I think that the only reason Ash never got as accomplished as Red is because the writers still have things to advertise and Gary as Champion would mean he wouldn't have ever battled Ash and have Ash win the battle. Though, that was earlier in the franchise and we've seem them incooperate game elements in the anime alot more often than Kanto/Jhoto. So Iris being Champion might not just be in-game but a new ooprutunity to expand on in the anime after Unova. Just saying... :)

Drohn

The game version of Iris was already very different in the original Black or White (Gym Leader of the last gym in one of them, I forgot which). It did surprise me though that she was the champion, I expected (and hoped) the previous playable character would be the new champion

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I think her new sprite has a quinceanera kinda vibe. According to the story, Iris takes the main player and his rival down to Castelia Sewers. Does she go down there in that dress?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I think her new sprite has a quinceanera kinda vibe. According to the story, Iris takes the main player and his rival down to Castelia Sewers. Does she go down there in that dress?
She wears her regular clothes while walking around. And she only wears the dress because Drayden picked it out.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
The game version of Iris was already very different in the original Black or White (Gym Leader of the last gym in one of them, I forgot which). It did surprise me though that she was the champion, I expected (and hoped) the previous playable character would be the new champion

I know that's right. Black and white 2 is a very wierd game compared to the other extra exclusive games they ahve ever made. I mean Iris, Cheren, Bianca looking like a drowning nerd and everyone grown up and them replacing the main characters with new ones. I like some things but not everything.

However for Iris, I don't know if they'll follow the story for her like in the games. If they did, she would have had different Pokemon. Mostly dragons, and she would be more humble and stronger than what she's seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.