• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' VA Discussion

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Sounds better than the japanese one.

Cobalt_Latios

So with Dawn gone, do you think her VA ( Emily Jeaness ) will voice Iris, or is it a completely new actress? Well, I hope she keeps doing her work, I really enjoyed the voice work of her playing as Dawn. Now if it's Lisa Ortiz ( Mars ), oh yes.
Hahahaha.

No.

Saw it

She sounded nothing Like Shaymin
Well, that does sound similar, and it does work. But, I thought Shaymin was voiced by Emily Jeness?

Iris sort of sounded like May from what I can tell. The video quality wasn't that great though, so maybe I didn't hear her properly. Anyway, I didn't really don't care what she sounds like since I rarely pay much attention to the female characters. I was just interested in hearing her voice so that I could identify her VA. I'll probably have to give it a few days though, since I'm still sort of confused about her VA's identity.
IN bold: Michele Knotz?

Else: Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well.

P.S. Was Ted voicing Giovanni in that clip? I could have sworn I heard Ted's voice :3
I don't know... but it very well could be. I mean, he's already appeared enough times voicing various characters, so, the fact that Giovanni's presence will be higher in Unova does present more opportunity's for Ted.

Great and all... but, I'll wait till I can actually "hear" her voice properly.

....*rewatches*

I'm almost tempted to go with Michele Knotz for her voice.

/CL

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
i liked it. Sounded perfectly fine to me. I don't see any problems with her English VA.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Yeah, that sounds kinda like May.

Anyway, I heard the line in better quality. Not...really that bad. Which is kinda surprising.

pokefandt

No real opinion from me because we got exactly ONE line from her and a extremly short one at that. I'll wait till the episode premieres to pass judgement.

Kdude146

Iris has the same voice has May and yes Giovanni's 1st vice actor came back in DP so that is him

Cobalt_Latios

I TOTALLY heard Bakura's voice as Giovanni (And yes, I know Ted voices Bakura too).

But I really want a higher quality clip. But for now, here's one thats better than the other one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBgeIKNiaZg
*watches*

Aside from the early "shaky cam", I rather enjoyed that.

Wow, Iris may just be voiced by Michele Knotz.

Yeah, that sounds kinda like May.

Anyway, I heard the line in better quality. Not...really that bad. Which is kinda surprising.
Yeah, although, this time Michele doesn't have to "copy" VT to match May, so I'm guessing she's trying to sound like how the Jap VA might. Which makes a lot more sense.

I cant wait to hear Jimmy Zoppi's Head Cold Version of james :(
Serious JZ James. That is going to be weird.

/CL

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
What if it's someone new...? XD

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I still say she sounds like melenie from bulbasaurs hidden village but hey it could just be me

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So the possible VA's are

Amy Palant (Shaymin)
Eileen Stevens (Lyra)
Michele Knotz (May, jessie, Misty, Joy)
and Tara Jayne (Melanie)

After listining to all of the voices again, it seems like, Tara and Eileen, are the least likely, the others, seem alright. Unless, it's a new VA.

Also, nice to see Giovanni with his old voice(?).

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
So the possible VA's are

Amy Palant (Shaymin)
Eileen Stevens (Lyra)
Michele Knotz (May, jessie, Misty, Joy)
and Tara Jayne (Melanie)

After listining to all of the voices again, it seems like, Tara and Eileen, are the least likely, the others, seem alright. Unless, it's a new VA.

Also, nice to see Giovanni with his old voice(?).

yer ted lewis did voice giovanni'

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I wonder why, they brought back his old VA in DP, maybe because he actually has a bigger coming up, and the other one, didn't feel like doing a big part.

Medea

Excalibur
Um, okay. I've been listening to these very bad quality videos while at work and a couple of times since I got home. You know what, it may very well be Michele Knotz doing Iris. But I still want to hold on to my prediction of Iris being done by Kether Donahue (whom you might remember as Candice). So unknown.

And YES THAT IS TED LEWIS. Actually, Ted Lewis returned doing Giovanni's voice a while ago. Just as well as I 'disliked' Craig Blair's Giovanni...among other things.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
i actually don't know if they are going to change james voice due to confusion amongst audience ect.. i think we actually might be stuck with that voice of james ' for ever :"(

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
I'm hoping this is a new va for Iris, I mean come on we need characters with original voices more. Anyone agree? :)