• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' VA Discussion

Sabonea_Masukippa

How come you all don't want IRIS to be voiced by an African-American?

Nobody doesn't want her to be voiced by an African-American, however, since she isn't African or American, there are other possibilities to consider.

Also, still waiting on the interview where the designer said she was based on a 'black child'.

koolayray

Nobody doesn't want her to be voiced by an African-American, however, since she isn't African or American, there are other possibilities to consider.

Also, still waiting on the interview where the designer said she was based on a 'black child'.

So, I take it you hate Black people? Here's the article http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/clear-scans-of-august-corocoro-leaking. & a blog from BROTHA DOUG http://cdouglas90.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/open-letter-to-the-pokemon-company-international/

Sabonea_Masukippa

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Until further notice, Iris is an ambiguously brown Unovian.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Which was exactly my point in saying that Iris in neither African nor American, she is Unovan and (surprise) she is only slightly darker than I am, and lighter than many of my relatives, despite us having no recent African ancestors (Sri Lankan, if you must know).

koolayray

Excuse me?

How presumptuous of you.

Show me anything that I said that shows I 'hate' black people. I'll wait.

And no where does it say that she's based on a 'black child', your words, not mine.

The tone of your response shows it. The way you said "We don't want her to be voiced by an African-American". That kinda hurts my feelings. As a Black fan, I'm highly offended.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The tone of your response shows it. The way you said "We don't want her to be voiced by an African-American". That kinda hurts my feelings. As a Black fan, I'm highly offended.

He never said that he said nobody here is saying they don't want her to be voiced by a African American.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I actually never said that, so. Yeah.

JD

He never said "We don't want her to be voiced by an African-American" I don't know what your talking about I'm black too but I'm not offended. Anyway isn't Iris already confirmed to be voiced by Eileen Stevens Lyra's VA and Zorua's? They sounded pretty similar when I heard Iris during the small Cartoon Network preview.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

koolayray

koolayray

He never said "We don't want her to be voiced by an African-American" I don't know what your talking about I'm black too but I'm not offended. Anyway isn't Iris already confirmed to be voiced by Eileen Stevens Lyra's VA and Zorua's? They sounded pretty similar when I heard Iris during the small Cartoon Network preview.

How do I know you're Black? I get tired of people posting that on the internet. Show a pic or something.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Yes you did. "Nobody doesn't want her to be voiced by an African-American, however, since she isn't African or American, there are other possibilities to consider."

Let me rephrase:

'No person here is saying that they don't want Iris to be voiced by an African-American actress. However, as Iris is Unovan and not African or American and her background is ambiguous, there is no reason to suppose that she should, or that everyone should want/expect her to be voiced by an African-American.'

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes you did. "Nobody doesn't want her to be voiced by an African-American, however, since she isn't African or American, there are other possibilities to consider."

I think you all should really read Brotha Doug's blog on this whole situation. He even defends Asians not being main characters in Airbender movie. http://cdouglas90.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/open-letter-to-the-pokemon-company-international/

lol he made a mistake it was a typo also don't double or triple post it is against the rules. You have to wait till someone makes a post before you post.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫

I agree with this and also koolayray you seemed to be offended easily by something why not just end it and not say things to make it worse :(

koolayray

Have any of you seen the show THE BOONDOCKS? I'm just fighting for respect among the anime community. The Boondocks may be American made, but still shows a liking to Black anime.