• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' VA Discussion

Encyclopika

The Queen
As long as Koolayray is being an obvious troll, can you guys stop arguing with him. :/ Thanks. Get back on topic...this is about a VA for Iris and such, not if Iris being colored in a darker shade than the other characters will cause racist issues on this forum.

9___9 I really can't believe you guys are still doing that.

EnGallade

Say Whaaaaat?
Is the fan base really ready for a darker shade character?

Okay on topic with just four days to go I really want to hear Iris's voice since her small line only made me think she sounds familiar ..

EnGallade

Say Whaaaaat?
Just asking a simple question..

Just wish people wouldn't be immature about the Pokemon Black and white game but soon it died down and now this is becoming a problem...I won't understand the problem with not having a VA matching the characters race but that's just my few words not to offend you.

We should see how the first two episodes will be then judge.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Is the fan base really ready for a darker shade character?

Okay on topic with just four days to go I really want to hear Iris's voice since her small line only made me think she sounds familiar ..

Are you kidding me? They needed to replace Brock and added someone like Iris earlier so that we could get used to someone else being the darker color character on the show. Besides with they way they made Iris's design, it turned out to be pretty good. Her voice doesn't seem like it's for her but she is still just a kid. So we don't want her voice to be too deep and too with an attitude.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
To me she sounded like Lyra a bit. but i dont mind who it is ^_^

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
the voice actor for iris is defiantly the voice actor for lyra and zorua its been all around the forums that Eileen Stevens' is the voice actor

and LOL at the people who though Michelle Knotz was voicing iris'' don't be stupaaadd!!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
She has the same voice as the latest may, so i wouldn't be surprised if it was Michele. She doesn't sound like Lyra, all that much, not completely, a bit, but it doesn't sound completely like eileen.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Very few people actually care about the VA. Well once the VA isn't completely useless like some of the current ones

If it's Lyra's VA then she'll hopefully be treated well as Lyra was done quite well as well

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
It is cool that Iris has the same voice actress as Lyra and Zorua. I liked Lyra's voice a lot it was an awesome voice. Zorua's voice was an awesome one and sounded really cute. I can't wait to hear more of her voice. It sounds really cool.

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
I had a laugh at the previous 5 pages.

I do believe her voice actor is Eileen Stevens. I manually observed her waveforms of her audio clips, Lyra, and Iris. I see some evidence and similarities in vowels that point to her, such as a significant minimum between two similar peaks of a maximum. Her wave period is also tending to be similar. As a control, I analyzed Dawn and Ash's voice as well. Of course I found no significant similarities. But, it's just a little observation/hypothesis, but using my eyes and ears, I think Eileen Stevens is the voice actress for Iris. I would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge in audio analysis could confirm that.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I had a laugh at the previous 5 pages.

I do believe her voice actor is Eileen Stevens. I manually observed her waveforms of her audio clips, Lyra, and Iris. I see some evidence and similarities in vowels that point to her, such as a significant minimum between two similar peaks of a maximum. Her wave period is also tending to be similar. As a control, I analyzed Dawn and Ash's voice as well. Of course I found no significant similarities. But, it's just a little observation/hypothesis, but using my eyes and ears, I think Eileen Stevens is the voice actress for Iris. I would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge in audio analysis could confirm that.

blame cybercubed for bringing this whole may thing up in the first place''

it doesn't sound anything like her'

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
blame cybercubed for bringing this whole may thing up in the first place''

it doesn't sound anything like her'

Blame is weighed on all participants.

Voice actors can't be just anybody. They have to be able to match and disguise their voice to meet different requirements. However, voice actors may be able to control apparent sound, BUT, they can't completely control what harmonics accompany their voices.

And I just did a little bit of something called a "Spectrum Analysis" Basically, what it shows is the amplitude of pitches, and I found that that pitches of slightly higher than 1000 Hz were significantly lower than other pitches. This was true for Lyra, the first girl in Eileen's anime sample clip, and in Iris.

Even more evidence for Lyra and Iris is that at precisely 6000-7000 Hz it's the lowest point in the decibels axis before finally stopping at around 20000 Hz. Basically, I have scientific proof that Iris is being voiced by Eileen Stevens, or so I have it implied, because I may be wrong, since this behavior is not present in a few other points in Eileen's clips.

Another finding: ~2000 Hz is a maximum for both Lyra and Iris. I believe the presence of 7000 Hz in the other anime clips of Eileen are because she acts with more maturity, while the first girl, Lyra, and Iris bring a more playful nature. And still, much more confident it's Eileen. As a control, Dawn has a more steady logarithmic decrease.

Last edited:

Define.

Blame is weighed on all participants.

Voice actors can't be just anybody. They have to be able to match and disguise their voice to meet different requirements. However, voice actors may be able to control apparent sound, BUT, they can't completely control what harmonics accompany their voices.

And I just did a little bit of something called a "Spectrum Analysis" Basically, what it shows is the amplitude of pitches, and I found that that pitches of slightly higher than 1000 Hz were significantly lower than other pitches. This was true for Lyra, the first girl in Eileen's anime sample clip, and in Iris.

Even more evidence for Lyra and Iris is that at precisely 6000-7000 Hz it's the lowest point in the decibels axis before finally stopping at around 20000 Hz. Basically, I have scientific proof that Iris is being voiced by Eileen Stevens, or so I have it implied, because I may be wrong, since this behavior is not present in a few other points in Eileen's clips.

Another finding: ~2000 Hz is a maximum for both Lyra and Iris. I believe the presence of 7000 Hz in the other anime clips of Eileen are because she acts with more maturity, while the first girl, Lyra, and Iris bring a more playful nature. And still, much more confident it's Eileen. As a control, Dawn has a more steady logarithmic decrease.

Wow you really know your stuff!

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
I just want to say while I believe Iris is Black and it would be wonderful if her VA was a Black female (since there needs to be more), I actually like her dub voice even if the girl voicing her isn't Black like Iris is. As someone mentioned early Ash is a boy and he's voiced by a girl.... :X

Really hope that helps with peoples anger.

Last edited:

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
We still didn't get a name of whose Iris VA is?

SmartD

Iris' english voice sounds nice, I wonder who voices her. I can't wait for the dub to come this weekend.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
I say she did well in the episodes today ^^