• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris' VA Discussion

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
Whoops, I was right. It was Eileen Stevens. And I was the only one to prove it instead of merely speculating.

I should probably do this Spectrum Analysis more often. Just give me a voice clip and a voice actor.

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
Whoops, I was right. It was Eileen Stevens.

Ew.

The preview sound good but her voice don't fit Iris in the whole English atmosphere, she should've sounded more mature...

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
Yea she does, but not mature enough.

Like I said it don't fit the atmosphere, if she had her Japanese voice in the English dub it wouldn't sound right either. I think her voice is more childish than Eng VA Dawns....

matt0044

Kaia

I haven't watched any of the dubbed Black/White yet, watched bits and pieces of the first episode of it, but only did that so I could hear how Iris's voice in english sounds. And to be honest, I don't mind it, actually not mind I do like it.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I think her dub so far is phenomenal, I'm having more issues with some of the Pokemon dubs but Iris' is perfect. Can't wait to check out Cilan's.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
1)What little I've heard of Iris' dub voice sounds okay to me. It's not as squeaky as the JP voice, which is a good thing since English dubs can't really pull off the super-high-pitched voices as well as Japan can.
2)This is really more of a non-spoilers matter by now, so I'm moving this to the general PAD forum(...after making sure that any spoilers in the posts here are marked, although VA discussion doesn't lend itself to much spoiler talk!)

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
I really like Iris' voice. It fits her really well. It sounds really cool. It is cool to hear Lyra and Zorua's voice as hers. I can't wait to here more of her voice.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
I'm still a bit undecided. I got used to the Japanese voice already, so I'll have to get used to this one as well. She sounds a tad weird on certain phrases, but most of the time I actually enjoyed the voice.

Hopefully I continue enjoying the voice throughout the series. So far it isn't bad.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I think the Japanese voice is a bit whiny. the American voice is kind of better.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
How do we know Iris is even 10? Was it officially stated or just speculation?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
How do we know Iris is even 10? Was it officially stated or just speculation?

Going by the fact that so far all 10 year olds have magically been roughly the same height I think it would be safe to say Iris is 10, that is just an assumption though.

Crystal_Power

The Champion!
ROFL Eileen Stevens is Irish! XD

Wait no no no, it's nothing wrong with Irish. I mean she's Irish and is voicing a character named Iris. Just a little funny coincidence. :)

yeminied

Iris has a fantastic dub voice. As impossible as it may sound the dub is actually better than the original in one way.