• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris VS Clair! The Road to Dragon Master! (BWDASP2)

SinnohEevee

So Dragonite wins when not listening to Iris, but loses when it listens to her? What type of message are the staff sending?

Janovy

Banned
So Dragonite wins when not listening to Iris, but loses when it listens to her? What type of message are the staff sending?
Dragonite loses because it has not fully adapted to being an obedient Pokemon. It has to adapt to working as partners with Iris instead of doing what it wants.

When it fights as it likes and loses its temper, it goes crazy and starts rampaging. It can be difficult to stop it, but it can be also difficult to control it.

It's pretty simple if you think about it. Also, friendly reminder that last time Dragonite went crazy and didn't listen to Iris, it lost to Ash's Krookodile.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Hard work hardly works?

Dragonite loses because it has not fully adapted to being an obedient Pokemon.

When it fights as it likes and loses its temper, it goes crazy and starts rampaging. It can be difficult to stop it, but it can be also difficult to control it.

It's pretty simple if you think about it.

But pretty ridiculous it hasn't won anything after listening to Iris.

Janovy

Banned

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I still wish it won against something after it beat Dawn. Maybe if Serena gets a special we can see a battle between the two where Dragonite finally gets another win. but we all know that the battle will be left unfinished since it's a battle involving Serena

SinnohEevee

I still wish it won against something after it beat Dawn. Maybe if Serena gets a special we can see a battle between the two where Dragonite finally gets another win. but we all know that the battle will be left unfinished since it's a battle involving Serena

Since Serena is popular while Iris is unpopular, they would probably pull a DEM to make the former win...

Spyro39

Since Serena is popular while Iris is unpopular, they would probably pull a DEM to make the former win...

Or maybe if Serena wins in a battle against Iris, it would be following the tradition of current Pokegirl beats previous Pokegirl. Popularity had nothing to do with Dawn beating May or Iris beating Dawn.

SinnohEevee

I just watched it and I liked it, even though I am not a fan of Iris.

Dragonite lost but it had a moment of disobedience. However, Clair is strong. But Iris did a good battle. Let's not forget Clair is already a Dragon Master and has more experience than Iris.

I didn't quite understand why Gible was biting stuff. I know a Skarmory carried it to the city, but I was watching with Spanish subtitles (a language I don't speak but can sometimes understand).

I also liked Iris' Ho-Oh moment with Rayquaza. I wish we could see her and Zinnia with the Legendary dragon.

Overall, I rate it 8/10.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dragonite lost but it had a moment of disobedience. However, Clair is strong. But Iris did a good battle. Let's not forget Clair is already a Dragon Master and has more experience than Iris.

I suppose that when we take Ibuki's immense skill into account (which was displayed when she previously fought Satoshi), her defeating Iris was realistic enough. I was more disappointed that the match came down to Ibuki's new Shiny Crimgan versus Iris's Kairyu, instead of Ibuki finishing things with Hakuryu, which was her main Pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
More random BW episodes, this episode was a nice call back to Iris remembering and being inspired by Clair during DA. It's actually funny that this technically Iris' second Gym battle.

I'm glad the ending provided context that she's a free spirit. When Clair asks where she's going she simply said "I don't know". She knows that the opportunity with Drayden is there anytime but being cooped up in a building awaiting challengers doesn't seem like her thing.

The battle was....something and my least favorite part. Dragonite has got to hold the record as the least dependable battle. It's almost somewhat weird that Iris marveled around Drayden, Cynthia and Clair but said almost nothing to Lance. I'm assuming it's because the anime never touched on them being cousins.

Bonding with Gible and actually catching him somewhat makes up for Deino

They Rayquaza thing being a mirror of Ash wishing upon watching Ho-Oh was a nice reflection of how they have similar paths and dreams while also being distinctive

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I really wish Iris actually beat Clair in this episode, it would have tied up her arc nicely, would have given Dragonite a major catharsis and victory/maturity display after it bonded with Iris, and would have ended her character in BW on a high, showing her to be extremely powerful and a free spirit to do what she wants, leading to her return in JN

Before JN, as it stood, this was such a terrible way to end of Iris and be her finale, girl was done dirty, glad JN gave her more respect!

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
It was a decent episode. I wish they had focused more on the battle. Have Iris fight 3 vs. 3 against Claire to at least grant her some victories and showcase other pokemon besides Dragonite.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The narrator wishing her good luck on her journey at the end breaking the four wall was for sure foreshadowing. Even the flying Rayquaza was a sign of good things to come. Love to see it.

Still mad this never got brought over to America.
Don’t forget that the only episode they think was worth being dubbed was that boring Alexa special at the end.

Last edited: