• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris VS Clair! The Road to Dragon Master! (BWDASP2)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm pressed that Iris lost; I wish she had won because that would've been progress. At least Iris caught that Gible, which I hope develops in the future. Overall, I expected more from this special since we waited half a year for it. :x

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh, I don't know. Dawn came in second place in the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Ok so she didn't win, but she was a lot closer to achieving her goal that Iris has ever been to achieving hers. May's doing well too.
Plus, Brock went to Pokemon Medical School and was apprenticing under a Pokemon Doctor when Cilan met him in their special. I'd say that Brock's well on the way to achieving that goal.

They've all been very close or are currently working towards it but I mean that Misty, at her place as a respected Gym Leader of the Curulean City is what you can consider a "Water Pokemon Master" at least in some form.

Sprinter1988

They've all been very close or are currently working towards it but I mean that Misty, at her place as a respected Gym Leader of the Curulean City is what you can consider a "Water Pokemon Master" at least in some form.

True enough. I meant that, with the exception of Ash (who gets sh** upon from a great height at the end of every series) and Iris and Cilan (who never really made and real headway towards their respective goals) the others are doing ok.

pokemon fan 132

Episode started of kinda subpar in beginning, but through middle picked up and became very good. I enjoyed in Gible mischief and funny behavior. Biting Axew head, making holes all over the town causing chaos left and right not being able to adapt to new surrounding.

Iris trying to understand its feelings and thoughts was endearing to see with whole scene of climbing on clock tower almost falling of to approach and save small dragon being admiring. She once again lived up to impression in coming of agile and athletic character. Which payed of in end giving us insight in how Gible got himself to end up in Blackthorn city(taking nap on a tree and from what it seemed accidentally ending on Scarmory back landing in town).

Encounter with Clair was pretty interesting and battle between Druddigon and Dragonite was easily highlight of episode imo. At one moment you could even get impression how Dragonite was going to win, especially when Iris sorted her thoughts deciding to connect to her pokemon feelings and inner sttength working like one. Which was definitely worthwhile invoking in Dragonite unused strength starting to overbear Clair Druddigon with thunder punch and dragon rush smashing it into the ground.
Even thoigh it was just one on one battle, intensity and lot of emotion going there made it exciting.

In end Dragonite still lost, but this was actually positive thing to me. Because it revealed how Iris still has lot to learn in becoming true dragon expert earning right to get title of dragon master assigned to her. She showed remarkable improvement but also through this episode revealed how optimal synchronization between her and dragon types haven't been achieved yet in fully understanding their feelings and internal fears or desires giving space for improvement. In realizing how to use them to maximum potential.

Gible capture at end was like icing on the cake rewarding both to Iris character and her fans making new friend and fellow partner on her journey bursting with happiness and confidence of becoming famous and recogniozed dragon expert eventually. Even more so when seeing Raiquaza gliding through sky.

Misty didn't came closer toward water master dream, let alone achieved it being in same position like Iris.
Whole reason Misty left gym was to pursue dream,several times stating how she wants to become worlds best water pokemon trainer/master.
So how exactlyy being gym leader before meeting Ash leaving position to pursue water master dream just to later take it over due to sister laziness and need can be considered achieving or coming closer toward her career?
Truth is it cannot.

Misty showed interest in E4 Lorelei wanting to become skilled one day like her as renowned water expert in world , with dream of becoming strongest water trainer entailing to reach levels of E4 trainers(best mono trainers in world/in games called type masters)or even champions like Wallace(possibly strongest water user so far). With her goal showing to involve traveling, entering tournaments, battling other water experts and learning how to understand their full power by exploring on various species and places(like Ash dream involves).

In Whirl cup episodes, it was further proven how gym has very little conections to Mistys goal.Prof.Elm himself confirmed in "Around the Whirlpool" followed by dialogue from sea Priest Maya how winner of Whirl Cup wins title Alpha Omega of water types,by which water masters(sea heroes) in past used to be called, classifying prestige water competitions as tasks which are needed to be fullfilled in order for someone to come even close toward this goal.

At best gym can serve as somekind of "stepping stone",but for all reasons stated above goal of becoming water master cannot be accomplished by being gym leader not being nearly enough.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

Well that's the unfortunate crux of every main character in the show, whatever dreams of aspirations they have you'll probably never see it actually come to fruition unless the Pokemon Franchise croaks. I think Misty is the only one who got anything resembling her dream fulfilled.
It's more about how little she's progressed as a 'dragon master', I don't want to harp on the only having two dragons thing but is there really anything she can do with dragons now that she's couldn't at the beginning? It seems like the only reason she's reached a competitive level of strength is because she caught a really powerful Dragonite. She seemed to be able to 'bond' with dragon types from the beginning, she was able to bond with Druddigon and Deino pretty easily. She had moments of triumph but not many moment of discernible growth.

Sprinter1988

It's more about how little she's progressed as a 'dragon master', I don't want to harp on the only having two dragons thing but is there really anything she can do with dragons now that she's couldn't at the beginning? It seems like the only reason she's reached a competitive level of strength is because she caught a really powerful Dragonite. She seemed to be able to 'bond' with dragon types from the beginning, she was able to bond with Druddigon and Deino pretty easily. She had moments of triumph but not many moment of discernible growth.

I completely agree with this. Ever since the Black2/White2 games came out I was rooting for an episode in which Iris catches a Lapras. Yes, I have a problem with characters catching the same pokemon as Ash already had, but I thought that in this case it would be worth it. While not a dragon type, the Lapras could easily have known Dragon Pulse, something to get Iris's interest and then conflict with her fear of ice types, the result being that she really wants the Lapras but has to get over her fear of ice types in order to use it. That's character development right there. Unfortunately the writers seem adverse to that sort of thing!
Also, seeing as Iris stated that she could never own the very-much dragon-like Charizard because it isn't an actual dragon type, I guess that she wouldn't want the Lapras at all either. Her statement also makes me wonder what the hell Excadrill and Emolga are to her, but that's a whole other issue I have with her character!

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
I'm disappointed for Iris losing against Clair I was hoping for Iris's Dragonite to defeat Clair's Druddigon I wish Iris caught a different dragon type instead of catching Gible that Ash already owns, I can see Iris making a reappearance in X & Y for Mega Garchomp at some point I don't think Ash's Gible will ever evolve because Iris would have a pokemon relates to mega evolution it would be also confusing which one is Ash's and which is Iris's because both of two Garchomps have similar personalities.

jrizza88

Meteorite
The episode was decent. I am bummed Iris lost, but i guess they wanted to show off how much it progressed. I was kind of hoping for a 2 vs 2 where Iris' Dragonite defeats Drudiggon, but then both Dragonite and I guess Excadrill fall to Claire's dragonite. Anyway, good episode overall. I can't wait to see the translation.

Well there it is. Iris and Dragonite lose again, just as I expected.
I wonder if Dragonite ever wonders if it is a mistake listening to Iris. Clearly it was better off going on its own instincts rather than doing what she says - it hasn't gotten a win since it started listening to her.

This has to be a joke. Clearly, when Dragonite was fighting on its own, it was getting PWNED. It didn't start landing hits and putting up a good fight until it started listening to Iris. Also, when Dragonite finally lost, it lost due to it going crazy and being out of control. Do you not remember when it was firing off attacks everywhere?

nuzamaki90

Jesus Christ she lost! My only fear, the only thing I didn't want to happen, the thing that I thought would crush my hopes for this special, actually happened. What the hell?

As you can see, I'm really bummed Iris lost. As soon as I saw Dragonite fall down to his knee the first time I knew it was all over. The worst thing about it is that I didn't even like most of the battle because the return of Dragonite's Super Mega Ultra Defense DEM. There is no way in hell Dragonite would be able to survive all of those Dragon Tails, especially by an already strong Druddigon trained by the Dragon Queen as I like to call her. I get that the writers want Dragonite to look strong but dude, one Dragon Tail to the face from Charizard ruined it, yet 30x Dragon Tails from Druddigon did nothing but make it angry? Ugh

I didn't care for the Gible subplot because as I expected, it was a repeat of Ash's and Khoury's Gibles' plots. Although I did laugh at the mirroring of Iris to Ash when she was saving Gible on the tower. Crowd watching, they're both climbing without regard, and coincidentally they were both trying to save a member of the Gible line. I think Ash handled it better though by having a game plan on how to save Garchomp and not being scared to jump off to save Pikachu like Iris was.

The best thing about this special was Clair battling again, she was my favorite Gym Leader in Johto and she's still one of my favorite female Gym Leaders. I'd rate this special 4/10

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Iris' Gible is basically Ash's Gible. They don't really have a difference. They're both probably going to be used once too. Ash's had a win in the Sinnoh League and then disappeared into the void. Iris' is obviously going to be Mega Garchomp in the future.

Seeing the stock backgrounds in the battle almost killed me.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I guess this BW episode didn't get hit with the XY art style?

Maybe then Iris will be shown to be older-looking if she has a cameo...by making her the Unova Champion and show off her new pimped dress.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh screw this episode. Not only did Dragonite lose but Gible didn't ever get one move?? Really -_-??

-50/10 do not like.

diakyu

Oh geez the stock backgrounds. Good enough episode imo. I'm shocked Iris lost but I guess it sorta makes sense. And cool to see they added the new gym logo in the blackthorn gym. Well I guess that's bye to Iris for 2ish years till she returns with a Mega Garchomp!

And a still un-evolved Axew

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
At least Iris caught that Gible, which I hope develops in the future.

i'm all in for this, when iris returns it will probably be a gabite or a garchomp.

adds mega evolution if she returns with a garchomp.