• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iris's kibago wants to evolve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I'm fine with Kibago evolving, Ononokus is a cool Pokemon, just hope the writers are not gonna screw things up

Calm PokeMaster

I think they will leave it stuck at Onondo, since the main characters usually wont have really powerful Pokemon.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I think they will leave it stuck at Onondo, since the main characters usually wont have really powerful Pokemon.

I think it'll reach its final stage right before the 8th gym

I have a feeling Ash will battle both Iris and Shaga like he did with the 3 brothers

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I think it'll reach its final stage right before the 8th gym

I have a feeling Ash will battle both Iris and Shaga like he did with the 3 brothers

Iris and Shaga both have the exact same Pokemon team, I think he'll probably just battle 1 of them

thunderblade12

So I can see my old idea of Ash vs Shaga being interrupted, Iris saving the day from whatever goes down (with Onondo evolving during), and Shaga passing along the gym to her. Final battle: Ash vs Iris.

It'd be nice if Shaga were strictly the Dragon trainer while Iris was a mixed trainer. Somewhat like Cynthia or Adeku. It would provide a bigger challenge for Ash's final gym battle and make it possible that it can be an epic 6 on 6 battle. Iris won't have six pokemon if she only catches Dragons. It would be nice to see 12 pokemon that we've seen growing for an entire saga on the main cast going at it with the last badge on the line. Considering Iris wanted Mijumaru and Pokabu maybe she won't strictly stay with Dragon types. Cute pokemon like Bachura, Monozu(Dark), Mudkip, Chillarmy, Shikijika would be nice to see her with. Eventually evolving and becoming powerhouses of course.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I must point out that Kibago reminds me of the Bagon from Hoenn, though we didn't know if it has evolved twice or only once.

Gotta love seeing Onondo walking around side by side with Pikachu, maybe then its pokeball mystery will be solved.[Going to miss Kibago, though]

knux-the-killer

Totodile did too. Just sayin'

Yeah, he did. In your dreams.
Excuse me, but he NEVER stated that wanted to evolve. Maybe you are confused with the feraligatr's sumo episode, when it encountered with his final form, but that thing for him wanting to evolve is your imagination.

Besides, totodile wasn't a walking pokémon. And is not useful anymore. (the weakest fella of Ash's johto party)

This is the very first time that we see a pokémon from a main character that wishes to evolve. We only witness a bunch of peter pan pokés until now.

ForeverFlame

I can't wait to see Ononokusu hiding in Iris' hair. It would probably still fit, but it would be a tight squeeze.

Krizor

Evil Genius
I think it was just a dream.

I don't see it evolving due to the fast pacing, which will probably grant Iris and Dento a few battles, but not enough for Kibago to fully evolve.

Torpoleon

Maybe Iris's Kibago does want to become an Ononokusu, but eventually changes it's mind. Just because the writers showed us that Kibago wants to become an Ononokusu doesn't mean Kibago can't change it's mind. The writers wont lay everything out for us in one big bundle.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Brock didn't battle that much and his pokemon were able to evolve.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
BW isn't following in kanto's footsteps so i think some of dento's and maybe iris's Pokemon will evolve.

Aurath8

I expect it'll evolve around mid-late best wishes around badge six/seven. I'd like it to evolve in the gym battle too as long as ther is a Jiheddo to thicken out the ranks. Either that or the writers have pulled a fast one and kibago hanges his mind mid-saga at the in-the-flesh reveal of Onondo.
EDIT: Woot, rank up!

dman_dustin

I don't see it evolving due to the fast pacing, which will probably grant Iris and Dento a few battles, but not enough for Kibago to fully evolve.

What fast pacing?

What just because Roark was around DP010+ it means its faster pacing? Well Roark didn't join the main cast, did he?

Let's wait until the 4th gym before deciding if it's faster paced or not. We still have no idea when Aloe will show up, since none of her Pokemon appear. And I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until around BW020+ for the battle.

JD

Yeah, he did. In your dreams.
Excuse me, but he NEVER stated that wanted to evolve. Maybe you are confused with the feraligatr's sumo episode, when it encountered with his final form, but that thing for him wanting to evolve is your imagination.

Besides, totodile wasn't a walking pokémon. And is not useful anymore. (the weakest fella of Ash's johto party)

This is the very first time that we see a pokémon from a main character that wishes to evolve. We only witness a bunch of peter pan pokés until now.

Yes it did when Totodile met Feraligatr in that Sumo Wrestler episode back in Johto it was interested and excited about seeing it's evolved form. I don't know if that counts as wanting to evolve but it was pretty interested in seeing Feraligatr. But Kibago will probably evolve into Ononokusu by the end of Best Wishes I didn't really want it to evolve but oh well.

I think it was just a dream.

For the love of what fast pacing? It's only been 6 episodes so far Kibago will probably still be able to evolve Snorunt only had one official battle against and Swinub only had one battle against and Monferno only had two battles before it evolved against Electabuzz and the battle against Khoury and Lyra.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Yes it did when Totodile met Feraligatr in that Sumo Wrestler episode back in Johto it was interested and excited about seeing it's evolved form. I don't know if that counts as wanting to evolve but it was pretty interested in seeing Feraligatr. But Kibago will probably evolve into Ononokusu by the end of Best Wishes I didn't really want it to evolve but oh well.

That's not accurate at all, well maybe but if you recall, Ash told Totodile it was going to be like that someday (Feraligatr), Totodile didn't exactly have the most comforting reaction to that. Totodile is completely different and should not even count.

Kibago on the other hand does want to fully evolve, and it not evolving due to some plot is beyond cheap.

Edit: And also since when has battling been the most important when it comes to evolution. Cyndaquil evolved because Team Rocket were trying to capture it. Gligar evolved because it touched a razor fang at night (as if it was a stone evolution). And Monferno evolved because it channelled it's blaze into evolution (so it can save certain Pokemon), and there are plenty of other examples as well). Why does Kibago need to evolve from battling, when really the only Pokemon in Sinnoh that has done so was Staravia, Chimchar and Turtwig.

Last edited:

JD

That's not accurate at all, well maybe but if you recall, Ash told Totodile it was going to be like that someday (Feraligatr), Totodile didn't exactly have the most comforting reaction to that. Totodile is completely different and should not even count.

Kibago on the other hand does want to fully evolve, and it not evolving due to some plot is beyond cheap.

Edit: And also since when has battling been the most important when it comes to evolution. Cyndaquil evolved because Team Rocket were trying to capture it. Gligar evolved because it touched a razor fang at night (as if it was a stone evolution). And Monferno evolved because it channelled it's blaze into evolution (so it can save certain Pokemon), and there are plenty of other examples as well). Why does Kibago need to evolve from battling, when really the only Pokemon in Sinnoh that has done so was Staravia, Chimchar and Turtwig.

Well you have a point there but I said I don't really know if it counted as Totodile wanting to evolve or if it was just excited about seeing it's evolution it was probably just excited about seeing Feraligatr. But I guess your right about the battling part it just sounded like the other user was saying that the Pokemon has to battle a certain amount of times to evolve in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.