• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iron Man 3

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I liked the drama n the jokes, they make the movie lively. Think that what makes IM3 slightly better than the last two... but the interaction between Pepper n Tony was kinda bland imo. There are more actions n the effects are better too.
The ending is kinda let down a bit but all in all I still could enjoy it.

I think my overall dissatisfaction lies within my love for the comics. I probably would have really enjoyed the movie had it not been associated with Iron Man. If it was just a movie about a guy who could remotely control weaponized battle suits that went through the same events of the movie, I would have considered it a cool popcorn flick. But that wasn't the case. Marvel told me they would be giving me Iron Man vs the Mandarin. What they gave me was Tony Stark and his army of pilotless drones vs a fire-breathing psycho and his actor friend.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
What they did with the Mandarin was actually fantastic. It made the film to be honest. And this is coming from someone who loves the comic book version of the Mandarin. The story of the film works best as a film and within the MCU rather than the 616 universe or the comic book medium.

Also loved that Tony Stark's house number is the same number as the MCU's universe code, and that was the least of the little background jokes. Stan Lee's cameo was good as always too, and the film had a good sense of tone, keeping more between The Amazing Spider-Man and The Avengers rather than TDKR.

Also Shane Black directed this, I am officially back on board with the whole Death Note US remake now.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
This movie highlighted a lot of important things. One of the best things is showing Stark is more dangerous without his armors. Sure he did use his armors to take out super baddies but he had to McGuyver it up in a lot of the movie. The real Mandarin was just fine too. Sleezy bussiness man who karate chops tony out of his armor. That's basically his thing.
Even the kid was perfectly used and didn't slow the movie down at all. I liked the Lethal Weapon vibe this whole movie had.

W
Also loved that Tony Stark's house number is the same number as the MCU's universe code, and that was the least of the little background jokes. Stan Lee's cameo was good as always too, and the film had a good sense of tone, keeping more between The Amazing Spider-Man and The Avengers rather than TDKR..
Did you just imply that THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN is better than Dark Knight Rises?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Nope, just stated their opinion just like how you just did. How about you go check out some official reviews and compare the majority.

My little brother wants to see this movie so we're going to see it at the end of this week. Apparently he had the ending spoiled for him by his classmates but luckily he didn't do the same to me. Don't know what to expect, the first film was great while the second one was okay.

An actor's done playing their role as a superhero and you think nobody else could play the role as well as they did? Why not make a movie starting their sidekick?

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well Robert Downey is just out of his contract to play Iron Man. They are still negotiating him for at least Avengers 2. So far the next films seem to be in this order Thor 2 -> Captian America 2 -> Gurdians of the Galaxy -> Avengers 2. And after this they may go lower scale with street heroes so as not to hit us so much with the A-Listers.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude

In no way at all did I imply that. I said that the films tone was in between the The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man.

By the way, I do like The Amazing Spider-Man, as well as The Dark Knight Rises. Though I think TDKR is most definitely a better film.

Last edited:

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
I liked Iron Man and Iron Man 2 so I will probably like Iron Man 3 also its seem like a good movie.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I sat through the entire credits to see that scene at the end. Not worth it. >_>

Otherwise, it was ok. Not OMG amazing, but not bad either.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I love this movie, I was shocked at how many suits he had though. Pepper was a bad *** in the end.

Robert Downey Jr. just makes this movie though. I don't think there is another actor out there who can do Iron Man like him.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I haven't seen it yet, and I doubt I will see it while it's still in theaters. I'm not trying to be cynical, but I feel like I'm already getting diminishing returns on the enjoyment I'm getting from these Marvel movies.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'll say this much without giving anything plot-related away. If this movie didn't have Robert Downey Jr. playing Tony Stark, then this was a terrible movie. It's kind of weird hearing someone like me say this, but the thing is, I actually felt this way with all three movies. Just this one, a little moreso.

If you are a die hard fan of the comics (actually, if you're even passingly familiar with them), there's a good chance you will hate this movie and what it did to a key character. In fact, you will more than hate it. You will despise it, and potentially walk out of the theatre. This movie really challenges moviegoers to forget everything they ever read in the comics. Because to those that don't, this will be utterly disgusting, and possibly even borderline offensive.

I honestly don't know why they made the decisions they made with the plot and the characters. I've heard different reasons, and if the one about the character being politically correct is true, I can just say this much. Norman Lear, creator of shows such as 'All In the Family' and 'Sanford and Son', said it best when he said 'the worst thing you can do is allow politics to get in the way of creativity'. So if that is indeed true of that character, then all I can say is it was a poor decision on the production team's part.

There is also one scene that I guarantee will be offensive to alot of people, and that is related to a side character who comes off as a big Tony Stark fanboy. The scene drags on for several minutes, longer than it has to be, goes nowhere, and seems like an inadvertaint slap in the face of comic book fans.

So overall, did I like it? Yes, but I can definitely understand WHY some people would outright hate it.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I personally think Tony should've been like,
"Damn it, Hulk, that was a great story!"
But Bruce Banner must've been really tired or bored or Tony just isn't a good storyteller IRL.