• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Iron Man 3

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Has anyone seen it?
What are your thoughts on it?

I have noticed almost black and white reviews. Some say it was completely horrible (I agree) and others say it was fantastic. I have yet to see anyone say it was "just okay."

So, if you saw it and liked it? Why? If not, why?
Any comic book fans like me that have a positive opinion on it?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I haven't seen it yet. I plan to watch it after this weekend though.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm going to see it, but I couldn't really figure out a solid plot from the teasers and the trailer. The movie is about 2 hours or so, so I'll speculate it's going to bore me with important plot information before the action scenes.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
My only complaint with the film was The Mandarin being a complete joke.

Deadly.Braviary

It is pretty good, though it has copied The Dark Knight Rises in some areas.

How? TDKR is about a terrorist giving a city 'back to the people' and basically taking over it. IM3 is about a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons. Not much similarity. Your username has more in common with TDKR than IM3 does.

Back on topic, I liked it. RDJ as usual was the star of the show, but I felt Rhodey in particular improved a lot from last time. Pearce and Kingsley both did great, although I would have preferred that the Mandarin was a more serious villain with more screentime.

~Deadly

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
How? TDKR is about a terrorist giving a city 'back to the people' and basically taking over it. IM3 is about a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons. Not much similarity. Your username has more in common with TDKR than IM3 does.

Back on topic, I liked it. RDJ as usual was the star of the show, but I felt Rhodey in particular improved a lot from last time. Pearce and Kingsley both did great, although I would have preferred that the Mandarin was a more serious villain with more screentime.

~Deadly

To be fair, TDKR also has themes of a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons while IM3 has a lot to do with terrorism. So, there are similarities. I wouldn't say they're even close to identical but I can see similar themes.

There was just too much that they did that they shouldn't have done:
-The Mandarin
-Fire breathing Killian
-The Iron Man armors being as fragile as glass
-The "Clean Slate" thing
-The pacing was awful
-The Rose Hill, TN scene was almost completely pointless
-Killian's henchman kidnapping the President
-Extremis
-Tony made several armors for specific world-saving purposes and wasn't prepared for a terrorist attack that he knew was coming
-Getting the shrapnel removed from his chest
-The post-credits scene should have been more like the IM2 post-credits scene hinting at Thor, not a random psych doctor scene with Banner

Overall, I really didn't like the movie.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
While I don't mind superhero movies, I don't care for Iron Man and I never saw the other two, so I'm not going to see the movie whether people like it or hate it. Interestingly, however, my mom wants to go see this particular one even though she didn't care for the previous two movies. I'm not entirely sure why, I was kinda afraid to ask when she mentioned it out loud she would like to see this movie. I've heard the movie was successful overseas on the opening weekends, and it looks like it met its budget and is going to keep climbing. I just wonder if this will be the final Iron Man movie for now, or if there's going to be another one within a couple of years. Considering Hollywood's love for how superhero movies always rake in the big bucks, unless the story's over with, chances are another Iron Man will be in the works.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I enjoyed the first Iron Man and the second Iron Man. I look forward to seeing the third Iron Man.

Last edited:

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I saw it last week. It was a good film, not brilliant but not bad either. I'd say it was better than the first and second one but it was still missing something, I can't quite put my finger on it.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
While I don't mind superhero movies, I don't care for Iron Man and I never saw the other two, so I'm not going to see the movie whether people like it or hate it. Interestingly, however, my mom wants to go see this particular one even though she didn't care for the previous two movies. I'm not entirely sure why, I was kinda afraid to ask when she mentioned it out loud she would like to see this movie. I've heard the movie was successful overseas on the opening weekends, and it looks like it met its budget and is going to keep climbing. I just wonder if this will be the final Iron Man movie for now, or if there's going to be another one within a couple of years. Considering Hollywood's love for how superhero movies always rake in the big bucks, unless the story's over with, chances are another Iron Man will be in the works.

Considering how this one ended, I think they are done with Iron Man

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Don't underestimate Hollywood. Even if this storyline's finished, they'll always come up with another one. They have a lot of source material they could adapt to the big screen, and a lot of fans who'll shell out cash to see the movie. So I don't see Iron Man ending/going on hiatus for a while.

Scaldaver

Limitless
I like the film quite a bit: though the armours being destroyed too easily was a tad irksome.

There were one or two plot points my friends and I came up with (I'd like to hear your input):
The mysterious rope Tony used to haul the armour in the snow: where did it come from?
Tony magically appearing at Mandarin's house when he was many many miles away.
At the moment of clean slate, Pepper was wearing an arm of the suit: why didn't she explode?
How did Pepper's clothes survive the fire? (Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, no nudity in a 12...).
Iron Patriot *cough* being taken out the second the fire woman touched his wrists (and somehow stays deactivated).

Overall, albeit the few mistakes and plot holes, I really enjoyed this installment: I'd say this is the best yet. Why? Because it was so unpredictable: there was no way I knew what was coming, and that was fun. The fact it revolved less around conquering a single baddie and more about finding peace was a good spin. I also appreciated the tie-in with Avengers (though I felt almost rick-rolled by the post-credit scene, even if it was bit of a laugh).

BCVM22

Iron Man isn't "done" any more than, say, James Bond is.

Downey, Jr. will almost certainly be back for The Avengers 2 (and I'd wager a shekel or two that we can count on at least one cameo from him somewhere else in Phase 2) and beyond that, if he feels he's done, they'll recast the role and move on.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Iron Man isn't "done" any more than, say, James Bond is.

Downey, Jr. will almost certainly be back for The Avengers 2 (and I'd wager a shekel or two that we can count on at least one cameo from him somewhere else in Phase 2) and beyond that, if he feels he's done, they'll recast the role and move on.
So how does he power the suit without the arc power source since he removed the one from his heart? Just have an external one not tied to him I guess?

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
They totally destroyed the image of mandarain in the film (but I could never hate you Trevor you hilarious dude!) I like the plot, it was interesting about all the "lessons". And the jokes were pretty funny. It was "okay". But more on the good side.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
So how does he power the suit without the arc power source since he removed the one from his heart? Just have an external one not tied to him I guess?

He hasn't needed the arc reactor since IM1. If you watched the movie (assuming you did since you said that), you would notice that Pepper, Rhodey, and Killian's henchman all used a suit without having the arc reactor in their chest as a power source. Also, there was the whole fleet of suits that had no pilot so it is clear that Tony's chest reactor is obsolete when regarding the suits. The suits now all run on a separate power battery located in the thigh area of the suits (not mentioned in the movie, just something I know from the comics). So, if they wanted to continue Iron Man, which I just about guarantee you they will, Tony can just create a suit(s) similar to the more modern ones.

Cutty

Forever now
I liked the drama n the jokes, they make the movie lively. Think that what makes IM3 slightly better than the last two... but the interaction between Pepper n Tony was kinda bland imo. There are more actions n the effects are better too.
The ending is kinda let down a bit but all in all I still could enjoy it.